Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes » 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GT4BOOSTD
Regular

August 2004
18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Tue, 30 August 2005 04:34 Go to next message
Hey,

Im selling these for a mate of mine. They are 18x9" rays engineering rims and are very light. There is a set of 4. These particular rims need adapters and can be fitted to almost any stud pattern. These adapters can be sourced from anyone who deals with rays engineering products.

He now wants $900 firm for rims only no tyres. They are located at Nowra 2 hrs south of Sydney. PM me if interested.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14495
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14496
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14497

Attachment: Adapter.JPG
(Size: 78.88KB, Downloaded 1080 time(s))
Attachment: Rims alltogether.JPG
(Size: 97.09KB, Downloaded 1136 time(s))
Attachment: Rim.JPG
(Size: 86.21KB, Downloaded 1126 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2005 00:29]

Send a private message to this user    
GT4BOOSTD
Regular

August 2004
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims Tue, 30 August 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
GT4BOOSTD
Regular

August 2004
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims Mon, 05 September 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Price drop... $950

Bump
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (PRICE DROP) Tue, 06 September 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hot rims man. for a good price too.
free bumpskies
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (PRICE DROP) Tue, 06 September 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So just to clarify, these rims will not fit without an adapter? It just looks as if they have a multi stud pattern, maybe those adapters are to change the pattern and space the wheels out a bit?
GT4BOOSTD
Regular

August 2004
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (PRICE DROP) Wed, 07 September 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate i only know what i have been told from my mate. He said they will fit pretty much any car they just need to get the correct adapter. With that said it does look as if they are multi stud pattern and sorry about the lack of knowledge about the wheels.

Come on guys and gals He'll take $900 for them and thats a steal.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Wed, 07 September 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No offence dude, but how do you expect to sell them when you can't even tell us what size they are?

Not everyone would be willing to go and buy adaptors to put wheels on their cars Razz
GT4BOOSTD
Regular

August 2004
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Wed, 07 September 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
valid point ill do some digging around and see what i can find out. Then i'll let evryone know the results.

Stay posted...

Bump
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Wed, 07 September 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an idea, try fit one on your celica. Then at least you'll know if it's a multi stud pattern, I am pretty sure they are. Maybe by saying "they will fit any car with an adapter" he means that if the wheel doesnt have the stud pattern drilled, you can get an adapter to fit them. That's what it seems like to me Smile

If you could somehow get the offset as well, I might even be interested Very Happy
Paranoid Android
Regular

August 2005
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Wed, 07 September 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im almost positive 9 inches on a ST18X will not work, ive read on these forums that 8inches requires modifications to the guards and you would need some hefty spacers to keep the fronts from rubbing when steering, then youd need bigger studs and the list goes on

what were they going to be fitted to?

i want them to fit, if you could find out and they will id like to see them

also, where are you located?

edit: it would be good to know the offset of that adapter

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2005 13:32]

tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Thu, 08 September 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have heard of wheels up to 11" fitting on widebody gt4's Very Happy
Hence why I want to find out what the offset is, although it's probably a very long shot that they will fit.
GT4BOOSTD
Regular

August 2004
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Mon, 12 September 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here is a sticker that was on the rims. It says PCD 114.3 and OF +43. So basically they are 5x114 stud pattern with an offset of +43. I've been told they will fit most toyota's except Celica and pre 1992 Camerys.

Paranoid Android: I am located at Nowra on the south coast. as for the offset of the adapter sorry i dont know at the moment but will try to find out this info by the weekend.

Hope this helps.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14850

Attachment: Rim sticker.JPG
(Size: 42.03KB, Downloaded 508 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 09:45]

Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Mon, 12 September 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that.

That PCD and offset won't fit Celica's or Camry's.

How about Supra or Soarer?
GT4BOOSTD
Regular

August 2004
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Mon, 12 September 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive been told they wont fit celica or pre 1992 camery's but will fit supra, Mr2 etc.

Bump
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Mon, 12 September 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pretty sure post 92 Camry's are 5x100 as well...

FREE BUMP!
GT4BOOSTD
Regular

August 2004
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Mon, 12 September 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on guys these are a great set of rims and going cheap. Pm me if interested.

Bump
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Mon, 12 September 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty P wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 08:54

Pretty sure post 92 Camry's are 5x100 as well...

FREE BUMP!

no post 92 camry's are 5x114.3
GT4BOOSTD
Regular

August 2004
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Tue, 13 September 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142: Thanks for clearing this up i though they would fit the post 92 camry's. Anyway im after genuine interest here. If interested let me know as they have to sold.

Cheers
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Tue, 13 September 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not gonna fit 9" wheels without either at least 2cm of guard flare or smaller struts (modified struts+dz coil overs or proper coil overs) on a camry depending on offset. 8" is pushing it already.
GT4BOOSTD
Regular

August 2004
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Tue, 13 September 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terra: Thanks for the insight mate but i am merely stating what stud patterns they will fit.

I know they are a fairly big rim but i am sure someone out there wants these light weight rims would really set off someones pride and joy for a small cost...

Bump
Sir_2JZA70
Regular

July 2005
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Thu, 22 September 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im interested but I might need a little time to scrap together some fundage.

PM sent. Smile
F.C.U.K
Regular

December 2004
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Fri, 30 September 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will take this off your hand. but not sure what you mean by adapter???

i have a soarer and they got 5 x 114.3 with 50 o/set. whihc is fine but whast this adapter thingy?

regards

Aka.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Fri, 30 September 2005 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the rims appear to be multistud, 5x100 and 5x114.3, well, i would assume so anyway, because they seem to have 10 holes drilled into them anyway.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14497 this is a "proper" spacer people bolt on so that it changes the offet of the wheel, ultimately to fit them to a car where, without the spacer, it would sit too close to/ touch the strut.

if the rims ARENT multistud, that spacer most probably changes the wheel from a 5x114.3 pcd to a 5x100 pcd.

the seller will have to check thoroughly to verify what his mate is actually selling.

i hope this helps Smile

Eldar.O.
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 18 x 9 " Rays Engineering Rims (FURTHER PRICE DROP) Sat, 01 October 2005 08:29 Go to previous message
r these new?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: RARE JDM 15" Sprint Hart CP rims. 4 X 100
Next Topic:rear disc end 4 AE 92
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 03:18:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064718723297119 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.