Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What's an original 83 Sprinter worth????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Grandpa20v
Occasional Poster

September 2005
What's an original 83 Sprinter worth???? Fri, 30 September 2005 05:34 Go to next message
Hi guys,

I have come across a 1983 Sprinter in mint original condition, it is only a Carby job, has original pin stripes and wheels and even tyres. Whats something like this worth?

aussie spec of course.

Any help would b greatly appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What's an original 83 Sprinter worth???? Fri, 30 September 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On here $5000 or more to an AE86 fan.

To Joe Random, $1500 as it's just a corolla thats going to be a pain in the arse for the kids to get in the back seat of.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: What's an original 83 Sprinter worth???? Fri, 30 September 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AC in mint condition with no rust, mabey stretch to 2500, but average condition 1500. Rusty as fuck, give the guy a 6 pack of beer to take it away.
Grandpa20v
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: What's an original 83 Sprinter worth???? Fri, 30 September 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guy reckons absolutely mint, never seen rain.
Old lady had no money to pay bills and gave him her husbands car to cover debt.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What's an original 83 Sprinter worth???? Fri, 30 September 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grandpa20v wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 16:28

Guy reckons absolutely mint, never seen rain.
Old lady had no money to pay bills and gave him her husbands car to cover debt.

offer him fuck all to start with and then go from there, you may be able to pick it up cheap if the guy isn't aware of the 'cult' value of the car. Wink
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What's an original 83 Sprinter worth???? Fri, 30 September 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres a banged up shitter in the 4 sale section that is asking $3500 so if this is as good as the claims maybe someone will pay that or more?????

If it was as good as claimed (I have seen too many versions of "mint condition") then maybe $2500 would be reasonable????

In the end it depends on how much someone wants it.
Endless
Regular

October 2004
Re: What's an original 83 Sprinter worth???? Fri, 30 September 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grandpa20v wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 13:34

Hi guys,

I have come across a 1983 Sprinter in mint original condition, it is only a Carby job, has original pin stripes and wheels and even tyres. Whats something like this worth?

aussie spec of course.

Any help would b greatly appreciated.

A 20c peice , a button and some pocket lint.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: What's an original 83 Sprinter worth???? Fri, 30 September 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol^^^

But look at it like its just an early 80's japanese rustbucket. Have a close look at it, pick a few faults, then start down low (1500 if rust free), and if the guy doesnt think it is anything more than an 80's jap rustbucket, he might just accept your offer. Just dont offer a rude price, or he will just tell you to fark off.
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: What's an original 83 Sprinter worth???? Fri, 30 September 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate picked up a blue sprinter in fairly good condition, clean interior and strong 4A-C engine.. good tyres and the rare wantanabe style wheels, for 3800 cash straight up. Saw the car and picked it up straight away. That same night, my other mate who was with us bought the car over for 4,000 . A few days later had an offer for 600 bucks for just the wheels (that's 150 a wheel). Yes it was KOPDIS' previous ride.

we went to gippsland a few days back and seems we were the only sprinter there. And since it's a boring town all students seemed to be into anime and so... the car was quite an interest.

A few months back, i heard of this guy who picked up a sprinter in fair condition, stock standard. Normal wear and tear, like bushes needed attention, dash crack, light switch doesn't work etc etc.. bought from an old man for 1500 bucks.. and within 2 weeks sold for 3300 bucks (advertised for 3500 with RWC, sold without)

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: What's an original 83 Sprinter worth???? Sat, 01 October 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just look it up in redbook, offer them the lower end of it.

i paid 2,300 for my driver with 220,000ks and RWC, but the paint is totally buggered, and it has bits of rust here at there.

i bought a spare AE86 for 200 bucks, so it can go any way really.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What's an original 83 Sprinter worth???? Sat, 01 October 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it depends on the person whos selling it, and whether they know what they've got.

on one hand, if he doesnt know its such a cult car, look at the car as if it an ae82 rolla, carby in decent nick.. worth about $1400

on the other hand though, if the guy thinks he has a dorifto touge weapon, then he most likely wants $3000 - $3500, and you see, the problem with this is... he'll get it.

Eldar.O.
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: What's an original 83 Sprinter worth???? Sat, 01 October 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in regards to the black wheels off my old car i had 4-5 offers of $650++ and one offer of $800!! on them, so if you sold for $600 you got jibbed!! lol

my mate bought one for $1000 w/ rego RWC and near mint, you just gotta know where to look and not buy off someone who knows what you can get for them!

mine cost me $2000, spent $600 and sold 30days later for $3800! lol Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 01 October 2005 06:33]

TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: What's an original 83 Sprinter worth???? Sat, 01 October 2005 13:09 Go to previous message
KOPDIS wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 16:32

in regards to the black wheels off my old car i had 4-5 offers of $650++ and one offer of $800!! on them, so if you sold for $600 you got jibbed!! lol

my mate bought one for $1000 w/ rego RWC and near mint, you just gotta know where to look and not buy off someone who knows what you can get for them!

mine cost me $2000, spent $600 and sold 30days later for $3800! lol Razz

are you talking about the one you've sold us??

man you're good.. hehehe.. that was an easy ... 1200 bucks?

and we though it was cheap. that same night it was sold for profit of 200, without even having to lift a finger. And yea i'm still getting offers for the wheels. Not up to 800 but yea between 400 to 600. Also having offers of over 4000 ++ for the car plus the wheels but my mate reckons he's found a gem and is keeping it. the guy who bought it for 400 spent around 700 on it, but it's all maintenance and wear and tear items i.e. clutch, seals, timing belt kit, dizzy etc.. Runs beautifully.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop
Next Topic:GT4 Turbo upgrade
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:02:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053579807281494 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.