Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » SSR MK1's (Flat disc centre)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CJ_DT
Occasional Poster

September 2005
SSR MK1's (Flat disc centre) Mon, 26 September 2005 23:17 Go to next message
Hello, I am after a range of SSR MK1 rims (the three piece disc type. Stud pattern and offset is not critical (going to be gutsed out to suit a VW beetle stud pattern)

Need 15x7/8/9's
16x6/7

A bit of kerbing slight dings scratches and gouges is ok, they are going ot spend the rest of their life hitting rocks etc anyhow. Will also consider single rims or rim components ie inners and outers. Let me know price and location and we can go from there

Chris
  Send a private message to this user    
CJ_DT
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: SSR MK1's (Flat disc centre) Wed, 28 September 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not after a total bargain set, willing to pay what is fair market price for them, surely someone out there has a pair or four kicking around the shed that they no longer need?
newbien
Regular

August 2005
Re: SSR MK1's (Flat disc centre) Thu, 29 September 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no offence, but maybe noone wants to see a set of them getting destroyed
CJ_DT
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: SSR MK1's (Flat disc centre) Thu, 29 September 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I fail to see how it is destroying them, its simply redrilling them for another PCD and using on something that isnt a Toyota.

Compared to the amount of damage thats done by gutter drifters and incompetent drivers, redrilling a wheel is fairly low on the list of destruction.

This was the chace/call to people who had wheels with damage that made them unsuitable for use on their road car/aesthetically unpleasing. OR people who had used incorrect wheel nuts and destroyed them for their intended purpose.

If you are soo attached to a wheel that you dont want to see it hurt by getting 5 new holes drilled in its centre piece I suggest you dont sell them, I also suggest you might go and seek counselling/look at something else to fill your life ie fing a girlfriend/boyfriend whatever floats you boat.

I shall keep it in mind, and have a moments silence when the holes are drilled, and I trust you set that isnt on a car but are in glass display cases have a good life.
Chris
newbien
Regular

August 2005
Re: SSR MK1's (Flat disc centre) Fri, 30 September 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am not refering to the redrilling of them i am talking about your plans for them afterwards....

QUOTE... they are going ot spend the rest of their life hitting rocks etc anyhow.... UNQUOTE

my interpretation is that you are just going to be using them for paddock bashing etc

............................... Rolling Eyes
CJ_DT
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: SSR MK1's (Flat disc centre) Sat, 01 October 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its for a Class 1 off road racing car, ie competing at a national level. Its far from "Padock Bashing", I'd love to see your padock basher, if you are willing to spend a few hundred bucks on a pair of rims just to keep the unsprung weight down.

I understand your concerns, and it is truly touching you care so deeply for your rims. However they will still have a tyre on them, and hitting a rock with a high profile tyre at 170+ KM/hr does little more than add a tiny nick to the rim. To give you an idea of this, the current rims on the car have been on there for the last 10 years of racing and are only just starting to look a bit second hand, mainly due to a big accident.
Still looking for a set.
Cheers Chris
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: SSR MK1's (Flat disc centre) Sat, 01 October 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i woodnt be phased by newbian talking shit chris.
his name sez it all hes a Newb dat doesnt realy no his shit from his breakfast.

g/l in your search.
n go the up market paddock bashers Cool

cheers scott
newbien
Regular

August 2005
Re: SSR MK1's (Flat disc centre) Sat, 01 October 2005 13:33 Go to previous message
ummm...i dont have a paddock basher....

you see now that you have explained the use of them in a bit more detail then its fair enough....i guess.....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 Stock Sway bars
Next Topic:4ac/ rwd 4age clutch fan
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:45:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058228969573975 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.