Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Sat, 01 October 2005 16:16 Go to next message
it seems like as if only 3 cyl are working?
seems to idle alright but when over 1500rpm it seems to go vroom vroom vroom while holding the throttle? as if it dies off on one of the cylinder???? Sad

not sure what its called or what the problem is so heres the video... Confused

video (right click and save)
http://www.geocities.com/rthy86/red86/000_0226.MOV

cheers

edit:
Fuel pump was the wrong way Embarassed Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 11:57]

Send a private message to this user    
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Sun, 02 October 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haven't been able to watch the vid cause of
Quote:

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer.

But whats the leads like ? Pull the plugs and give them a once over. You could even have an injector thats fouling up.
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Sun, 02 October 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dies off one or all of the cylinders?

is tps working? if it thinks it is supposed to be idling (according to tps) then it may be hunting while you are trying to accel (out there theory, but somewhere to start?).

hope this helps!
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Sun, 02 October 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After watching the vid i'm of the opinion as devolutio - check the tps.
It could even be that auxiliary air valve thing thats under the throttle body isn't working how it should be - try blocking its air passage thats before the butterfly and see what happens.
Have you thought of air leaks ?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Sun, 02 October 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have tried 2 sets of spark plugs (std bosch and super 4's) and 2 types of ignitonleads (trd and bosch)

ill have to check the auxiliary air valve's, im pretty sure its all in the right place, but i guess i could check it again...

as for the tps, im pretty sure its the correct one... i have 3 different kinds of tps sitting on my desk at one stage and this one seems to fit/work

anyways ill double check

thanks guys
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Sun, 02 October 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After watching the vid i'm pretty sure its got nothing to do with the ignition at all, its more to do with around the throttle body area, like the tps has moved a little.
Error codes ?

Edit: Just been thinking, how about a blown gasket ??

[Updated on: Mon, 03 October 2005 01:24]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Mon, 03 October 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill check the vac and tps to nite when i get home from work, not sure if the head is blown, what else can i check besides the radiator water?

thanks
SPRINTAH!
Regular

January 2003
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Mon, 03 October 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check your compression to see if you have a blown head gasket
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Mon, 03 October 2005 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, checking the radiator for a blown gasket will only tell you if a cylinder is leaking into the coolant passages what it wont tell you is if its leaking into the oil or leaking to the opposite cylinder
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Tue, 04 October 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, i fixed up the vac and it worked!!!! only to find the milky crap in the radiator Shocked Confused Sad
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Tue, 04 October 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its good to hear the motors running good again

But milk in the radiator Surprised its most likely the reason why when you reved the motor it was really shouting COOKie......COOKie......COOKie
But anyways i wouldn't say its good. Have you had a look on the dip stick and maybe even take a cam cover off. If you've got the same milky crap i'd say there's a fault between a coolant and oil galleries.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Wed, 05 October 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a standard pbr or soimething 4age small port headgasket which i can use, small port and bigport gaskets are the same ye?

how much are 4age gasket kits these days anyways?
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Wed, 05 October 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a ACL VRS kit, and front and rear seals for $104.98..but thats at trade and then some.. Wink

Mat
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Wed, 05 October 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smallport gasket should work. Block is almost identical...

Kev.
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: weird 4age acceleration problem? -vidz Wed, 05 October 2005 12:26 Go to previous message
Im using 100kw smallport headgasket in my bigport gze, full engine rebuild gasket kit was 150$ KP branded
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Which spark plugs?
Next Topic:Camshaft Design and Optimisation
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 18:49:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011531114578247 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.