Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ccibai
Newcomer

October 2005
Advice needed on 1jz cams Sun, 02 October 2005 00:26 Go to next message
Hi, my fren back in my hometown is rebuilding his 1jz atm ( still with standard bottom end juz new rings, port n polished, 80mm throttle body n maybe a new intake manifold) n he is looking for a set of aftermarket cams for it. Currently it is running on a high-flowed ct26. Any recommendation of cams for eg, brand, duration, lift also if valve springs r needed with the cam recommended or not. Or he should juz stick to the standard cams? Any help appreciated. thanks.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 October 2005 00:29]

Send a private message to this user    
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Advice needed on 1jz cams Sun, 02 October 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd start by throwing the CT26 in the bin,

as for cams, have a look at using 1JZGE cams instead of the turbo ones, often the turbo version of an engine will have "tamer" cams than the naturally aspirated one.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Advice needed on 1jz cams Sun, 02 October 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
re: using NA cams in turbo motor - see/search recent 1g-gte discussions about same topic. discussion tends to revolve around the overlap of zorst and inlet cams.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Advice needed on 1jz cams Sun, 02 October 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as stated... you'll get much better bang for buck by getting a real turbo rather than some new cams.
ccibai
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: Advice needed on 1jz cams Sun, 02 October 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muahhah ya bout the ct26, my fren made a mistake but too late, he got it rebuilded so he said might as well juz use it for time being. Very Happy
ccibai
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: Advice needed on 1jz cams Sun, 02 October 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually forgive me for a newbie Embarassed wat is tat so bad bout ct26?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Advice needed on 1jz cams Sun, 02 October 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's just old technology. There are much better turbos out nowadays that will make the same, if not better power with much better response.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Advice needed on 1jz cams Sun, 02 October 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
using it for the time being is all well and good, but he should save up to replace it rather than looking at other mods Smile
a GT30R will make more power and be more responsive than a rebuilt CT26 with different cams.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Advice needed on 1jz cams Sun, 02 October 2005 06:15 Go to previous message
draven wrote on Sun, 02 October 2005 10:49

using it for the time being is all well and good, but he should save up to replace it rather than looking at other mods Smile
a GT30R will make more power and be more responsive than a rebuilt CT26 with different cams.

Wouldn't a GT30R require a new flange on whatever manifold is being used to fit? Also, not sure if CT26's were water cooled?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 control arm questions
Next Topic:3sge gen-3 SS-2 gearbox ratios
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:49:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056281089782715 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.