Toymods » Tech & Conversions » st162 starter problems and idle problems

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
st162 starter problems and idle problems Sat, 01 October 2005 09:46 Go to next message
Ok, my girlfriends 162 has had some some starting problems over the last few days, some time it won't crank over at all, some times you have to hold the key for a while before it starts to crank over, sometimes it works fine, i did a starter swap today as i've had problems similar to this with my old corona. But it didn't fix it.

Anybody else had this problem or know how to fix it, i was thinking was a relay or something lose.

Also as of the last month or more it has truble trying to find idle, it creeps between 1200rpm and 2000rpm continious but only after the auto choke as disengaged. Any ideas???
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: st162 starter problems and idle problems Sat, 01 October 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm that starting issue sounds familiar, does her car have an alarm mate? If It does its a simple fix and I know exactly what it is
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: st162 starter problems and idle problems Sat, 01 October 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SprinterBoy wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 19:46

Ok, my girlfriends 162 has had some some starting problems over the last few days, some time it won't crank over at all, some times you have to hold the key for a while before it starts to crank over, sometimes it works fine, i did a starter swap today as i've had problems similar to this with my old corona. But it didn't fix it.

Anybody else had this problem or know how to fix it, i was thinking was a relay or something lose.

Might be the starter switch in the ignition barrell, unless it's an auto? You don't need a whole new ignition barrell for that either, just the switch.

SprinterBoy wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 19:46

Also as of the last month or more it has truble trying to find idle, it creeps between 1200rpm and 2000rpm continious but only after the auto choke as disengaged. Any ideas???

Sounds like a vacuum leak to me...
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: st162 starter problems and idle problems Sat, 01 October 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's a manual, i'll have a look into the barrel stuff.

Joel, i just rememberd that the car used to have an alarm, but it's been removed, well, the brains anyways, half the wires are still there.
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: st162 starter problems and idle problems Sun, 02 October 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the exact same problem i have with my car. has troubles starting like that when its cold, and then sometimes has a screwy idle.

although i do think these problems are seperate. 1 is caused by a faulty cold start injector. The other is a vacuum hose leak
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: st162 starter problems and idle problems Sun, 02 October 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm cause that starting problem sounds exactly like mine used to on my 162, it was fixed by fitting a starting/cranking relay, I was told the giveaway is the delay on the key, there is just not enough power being sent to the starter when you turn the key cause it is being diverted by something else. I did that and it fixed my celica fine, if you want I can take a look at her car, I may be able to come up with something for you. I can also fit the relay for ya if you want they cost like $8, but if you pay a shop to do it it would be in excess of $60
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: st162 starter problems and idle problems Mon, 03 October 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when you free???, give me a call dude. Rach has most mornings free.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: st162 starter problems and idle problems Mon, 03 October 2005 13:48 Go to previous message
np Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3SGE Gen 2 wiring schematics
Next Topic:rwd tranny for 4a-gze
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:05:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044729709625244 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.