Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  MA61 reverse light wiring Sun, 02 October 2005 22:26 Go to next message
Hey guys,

I'm trying to hook up my reverse lights for rego. Can anyone tell me where exactly the plug for the reverse light switch is? What does it look like?

Cheers,
Nathan
  Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Sun, 02 October 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from memory its a single wire type plug, dangling down with the auto gearbox bit of engine loom...

i think Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Sun, 02 October 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So it was on the original engine loom?
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Sun, 02 October 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm... nah, it shouldnt have been on the engine loom. but i do remember the wire being down with that bunch of wires for the auto box
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Sun, 02 October 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about if you didn't have an auto box Razz
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Sun, 02 October 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the original loom there should be a group of wires that goes from the fuse box area at the front of the engine bay, past the starter and down to the gearbox. This contains the starter circuit, the neutral cutout switch (auto only) and the reverse light wiring. I actually lost this part of the loom somehow when I did my swap, so I just found the relevant pin on one of the plugs near the fuse box, and ran my own circuit to the gearbox. It's just an earth switch so it's pretty simple to do.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Sun, 02 October 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't happen to know what the plug looked like? I thought I checked them all yesterday (the ones under the fuse box) and didn't find anything. I didn't think it was an earth switch, I thought the light earths through the main tail-light earth... Confused
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Sun, 02 October 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not an earth switch

power comes down one wire and thru the switch then to the reverse lights

usually red wires
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Sun, 02 October 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideshow wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 07:45

its not an earth switch

power comes down one wire and thru the switch then to the reverse lights

usually red wires

This is what I thought, now I just have to find the damn thing! Sad
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Mon, 03 October 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well theres only one way to learn
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Mon, 03 October 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK my bad, I must have been thinking of something else. Confused It's been a while since I did this.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Mon, 03 October 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with where norbie says it runs tho.

On mine it follows the starter power wire from near the fuse box, mine has a green plug near the battery that is rather large.

Cheers
Wilbo
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Mon, 03 October 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 13:05

On mine it follows the starter power wire from near the fuse box, mine has a green plug near the battery that is rather large.

I saw a big green plug, but couldn't find any connection between the pins on it and the reverse lights. I'll have another look when I'm at the workshop next.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Mon, 03 October 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Send me a PM to remind me and I'll have a closer look at my car's wiring tonight.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Mon, 03 October 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Done, thanks mate.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Mon, 03 October 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Question, does the reverse light wires run past on the drivers side to the back of the car or passengers side?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 reverse light wiring Mon, 03 October 2005 12:25 Go to previous message
OK I just checked out the wiring on my car. I've spliced into two wires near the fuse box which I think were originally attached to a big square plug, but I got rid of all the unnecessary stuff (starter and auto wiring) and was left with just that. It's a yellow wire with brown dots (which I assume is the positive) and a white wire with a black stripe (negative). Hopefully that will be of some assistance.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:rwd tranny for 4a-gze
Next Topic:3T dizzy vacuum advance - How does it work?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:11:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057919025421143 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.