Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Wed, 28 September 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 23:19

Well thanx for the lesson. And with that, i was still correct with what i said about the karate chop.

now NINJITSU! on the other hand is japanese. (but your going to tell me it was derived from other martial arts from china?) Rolling Eyes

Then your car is swiss. *shakes head* idiot.

Yian wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 00:34

Hehe... all these discussion about martial arts.. I got a video somewhere of some shaolin monk vs some taekwondo dude. It just shows how quick those monks really are... Shocked

LOL, yeah Shaolin Kung-Fu is insane... and Tae-Kwon-Do isn't what I would call a good martial art as far as actual fighting gos. It's too showy, with crappy balance, not to mention it's kinda slow. Sure the "range" is good, by try keeping someone at range in a real fight. When the other guy isn't worried about you scoring points against them, they'll just rush you.

Oh, and Yian, do you do any kinds of martial arts?
  Send a private message to this user    
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Wed, 28 September 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why don't you go iron your undies

[Updated on: Wed, 28 September 2005 02:50]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Wed, 28 September 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 12:37

shakes head back *what the fuck shakra*
If you read it over again, your a nitpicking bastard.

do you iron your undies too?

I read over it again and you're the nitpicking bastard. I post one line about Karate being Japanese, and you go on a tyrade about how you know everything about Martial arts. Speaking of, have you ever actualy done any martial arts?

But whatever, I am right, and you're from Tasmania.

ANYWAY. Back on topic (Sorta).
It's kinda scary China building up to being a world superpower. I hope America's cowardice keeps them from attacking China, and China doesn't do anything stupid. I don't wanna see another world war, this time with ICBMs. Sad

[Updated on: Wed, 28 September 2005 05:16]

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Wed, 28 September 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EY YA YA! whatever. I edited my post so you wouldn't keep harping on.

stop putting words into mouth too will ya.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Wed, 28 September 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You two homos stop your bickering and grow up Confused
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Wed, 28 September 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree entirely... The quality of work out of china is very price dependant.
Don't go telling a chinese factory you want something cheaper unless you are willing to sacrifice some quality in the process.

Also I believe about the only thing holding China back is that they have to import most of their natural resources... the US is probably quite happy about this as they would have a stake in most of the natural resources being exported to China.

PS Can anyone explain to me why the Chinese have to take a week off for "China National Day" next week?????
This has been confusing me all this week!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Wed, 28 September 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See here for details on "China National Day (Week)"

Quote:

BEIJING, Sept. 26 -- High-end business hotels in Shanghai foresee a slack time during the upcoming week-long National Day holiday, in spite of the "golden time" for tourism from October 1-7.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Wed, 28 September 2005 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 12:31

So in short: check your facts before you go off on a racist rant. You aren't per chance a member of the (much shunned and thankfully small) australian arm of the KKK are you?

I don't think he was being racist. I'm no economics professor but basically as China becomes more and more developed it is a bad thing for people in developed countries. In a couple of years time if you set up a company why would you want to have the manufacturing plants here in Australia when you can have the work done in China for a fraction of the cost (due to the exploitation of labour I might add)? Purely from a business point of view - I know it's very slack. However people out in the world care more about their wallets than for the good of a country so in the future expect to see a lot more things being made in China. This will result in less jobs around the world for other people. This is the result of globalisation. It's not like China is innocent either. From what I can remember production costs are so low in China because they have a fixed exchange rate (or pegged against the US, I can't remember) that is really really low. If it was floating the value of their Yen would have gone up significantly meaning corportations *might* have to do a little bit more to keep the workers but by keeping it fixed at a very very low value it means people will do all their business in China where their currency is worth shitloads and for the Chinese cashing in they will still be rich within their own country. There is also some shifty way of them to get higher value currencies like the US dollar which I've now also forgotten.

That's my view of it. Nothing we can do really but sit back and enjoy the ride. For the record draven I don't think he was being racist.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Thu, 29 September 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's why globalisation is bad in many ways. Corporations function for one purpose: To make money. Investors don't particularly care why the product is suddenly cheaper to produce, they just care that they make more money. Now put an entity like that in controll of our future and things get bad fast. There's more to life than money, buy increasingly these days, that's all people see. You're worth XX amount. Get injured? Just lawyer up and make some money off of it.

We need our govornment to protect our workers, and local buisness.
I don't want to support exploitation of workers either.

But this is just another way our govornment isn't really looking out for the people of the country. They look out for the money, which many people say is the same thing, but it's not.

I heard that the world bank bases your countries credit rating on things like how much you spend on welfare, education, and hospitals. The more you spend, the worse your credit rating. So to look out for the countries economic value, the govornment has to cut spending on things that make living in a country good. It's disgusting. The way doctors and nurses are treated these days. Our health system, public school systems, and our welfare are all dying a painfull death. But the actual people in the govornment don't care, 'cuz they're all rich enough to afford private health cover, private schools for their kids, and aren't on welfare benefits.
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Thu, 29 September 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't bother reading if you hate thread hijacking, but methinks this thread is well and truly 'jacked

MY God Nim, you're a wonder sometimes - how do so many huge opinions fit in that skull of yours? Wink

Firstly, I forget who said it, but yeah, the world market without any legal or government restrictions, will function based around the simple demand/supply policy.
When this happens, as it usually does before tarrifs, taxes and trade restrictions apply; people tend to opt for the best value for money, next is the lowest price they can convince themselves they can get away with, and lastly of course you have people buyign expsensive shit coz its 1337. which of course is what makes it 1337. Razz

Govts (in general) tend to put tarrifs and enforce trade restrictions for benefits of their country (or as the cynics out there feel - their own benefit. And I agree on a smale scale this is probably the case, but at the roots, most things like restricitons start off as an honest attempt to help the natives - it just usually gets hijacked for pollies benefits). So at times (sadly, usually during before or after war as preparation, survial or punishment) govts do try and channel trade in a way that will benefit the country, even if it is somewhat against what the buyers actually want. More like guiding or channeling via incentives.

Was reading an interview with one of the dudes behind one of the leading minature car model (1/8th 1.24th kind of stuff) companies in china. he was saying that the Chinese nation has generations of drilled in hand eye coordination for minature movements (catching fly's with chopsticks? Rolling Eyes ), along with scarily focused attention in order to maintain jobs, and a surplus of labor... yian and the others are right, what you demand of chinese labour you will get with a smaller ration between cost and product than you would in a western country.
food for thought i guess, they hand paint those bastard models a mile a minute.

as for kung fu karate kempo hijack Rolling Eyes Bodidarma was the dude that came to the Shaolin Ssu Temple and found the monks there (after they let him in) were falling asleep in their meditation. he devised some drills to keep them mentally alert but physically relaxed because they were too unfit for meditation properly. . Bodidarma was also called Ta Mo byt he chinese, he later devised some self-defence movements based on his knowledge of Indian fighting systems ( Bodidarma was born an Indian Prince and was well versed in Yoga and Indian Kung Fu ). and yeah. Japans Island Okinawa, from what i know did have a native fighting style but it was nothing like the Kempo and the two others style originating from the island that we see today. It was the when the chinese brought their boxing style over and it mixed with the native style called Te - which meant hands. plus some of the Te masters went to china to learn some of the boxing from the chinese. masters would return to Okinawa and begin to teach an art that had both original Okinawan and also Chinese heritage. This new way of fighting was called To-De.

As for the ninjutus, well there are rumors that a less known style of chinese fighting has all the aspects of ninjutsu, but never gained the public awareness... i know nothing baout it but that so i'll leave well enough alone. And Nim, Tae Kwon do is the modern day form of Hwarang (which can be found as Hwarang-do) which was used for dismounting Samurai from horses. Though in reality who the hell wants to fly barefoot first at a master weilding a Katana? Rolling Eyes

Whoa, talk about thread hijack.

Anyone see that 60 min report on the chinese forgery of Calloway clubs (obviously not using Titanium Very Happy ), when you see them bugger collapse after a few swings, maybe the car is a forgery?

/waste of your time

Phyro
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Thu, 29 September 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://images.allposters.com/images/pm/421996_p.jpg

just saw how big that post is. Bah, My embarrassment reigns supreme, sorry guys.

P.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Thu, 29 September 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Our govornment should be doing more for it's people.
I'd like to see free education, free public transport, and free public health.

I'd also like to see the education system, health, and public transport all get BETTER, as they're kinda crap. I don't think there should be a market for private health cover. And i think the market for private education should be smaller. Much smaller.

I wouldn't mind having more tax taken out of my pay if those things where free... but anyway.

The reason I say this is 'cuz without our govornment properly defending Australians and their jobs, China is a problem for us. What do you think will happen as they climb the tower and become and even greater superpower?

Do you think it'll result in their people demanding more money for work? Driving the price of their labour up meaning things will equalise? Or will it just undercut us further, and produce more and more sub-par equiptment, like that sir crumplealot 4WD they have there?

I think China could catch up very quickly with Japan's manufacturing quality, but I dunno if they will bother. Why sell quality, when people are happy to buy shit?
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Thu, 29 September 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And i think thats where your primary problem lies,
The people in the markets (school, healthcare etc) rarely want something because of its follow on benefits for the society they live in. socially responsible Marketing and Management is a new facet of business that has only really started to come through in the past 5 years. fortunately its a self fueling/supporting thing. Its like honesty in PR. You wouldnt believe it but PR for business works better when the truth is used, not lies of partial truths. so you have businesses being more socially responsible, which benefits the society and the business.

But if the society doesn't respond to the businesses, why bother.
Same argument applies to chinese lower grade products. If they are being bought in the place of decent products (air filters anyone?) then why should anyone buy homegrown goods. its that kinda argument, the problem is the buyer more than the seller. China can't be blamed for filling a vaccuum in the market. Nor can it be blamed for capitalising on the business going begging from western countries. If that business leads to shit being produced, well thats what we as a market deserve. Sure, govts can influence what we buy by making xyz imported chinese crappy product as expensive as the decent home grown one... but there are other things to consider like upsetting a growing northern power... Rolling Eyes that and the cheeky homegrown manufacturers would probably jack their prices up, becoming incensed at the thought of being on a comparable price level to crappy chinese products F#ck you Nim, gone and continued the hijack! Evil or Very Mad Laughing
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Thu, 29 September 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAH one other thing

If you want all those free services you have to put people in charge of them that can make it work on the money generated by tax. people who would stay motivated, other wise people wont pay the tax. look at train tickets these days and the fuss about paying for a shitty service.

And maybe you're a rare one shraka, but a lot of people dont like paying for osmething they dont use. one of the main reasons communism and similar approaches dont work in western cultures is because we dont have the family unit structure they way russia and china does. the sad thing is humans = teh greedzors Mad . Power Corrupts. is simple.

Down With Humans, Crappy Imports that are bad for peoples Health, inferior Automatics that fuel shrakas opinion about 4wd automatics, an inferior reproductive system (that lead to a period of time per month that you can't be making with th emonkey business with your lady) and cherry cola. coz it shits me.

And try and do a 4wd course these days in a modern auto. we watched him have absolutely no trouble whatsoever (it was a stock auto, but a good quality one that had a fair degree of control and settings) tackling the hills and ruts and gulleys and mud. Adiran (the guy) just cruised through it all, where as the manual drivers were shifting like devils to achiee the same affect. Sure you have more control in a manual. and its a seperate argument when it comes to sports cars. but as far as 4wd'ing goes, the auto/manual argument will go out the window in a few years, if not sooner. it will become more a decision of how much city driving you do. Though on that note, dont get to totalitarian, when im in the 'trol, its used for everything, 4wd through to carrying work shit into the heart of the city to work sites. I dont actually like driving it in the city, but dude, not everyone has enough cars that the wife can have a sedan, and you can drive your 4wd just bush and another car for your other options (for the record i was between cars at that point in time, and secondly - gz20 plus ladder = not a good thing). so yes, advanced driver training for 4wds but you know what would happen? The people who are friggin soccer mums and toorak tractors wouldn't bother getting the training/licence/whatever totalitarian regime you got in mind, while those who ligitimately use the 4wd would go 'why the f%ck we wasting our time with this shit, we know how to use the car better than the assesor panty waist prat. If you're gonna go that way Shraka, think of the same arguments you have being applied to sports cars (stock or HiPo). They may be doing it for P Platers in NSW and Vic now, but I dont see your arguments against 4wd drivers seperating p platers from normal drivers, so the same should apply to sports car drivers of any age too Very Happy .

<sigh> someone shoot the internet. i can't help but get suckered into devils advocate. But really, what the hell are you doing hitting a bloody big 4wd at speed anyway? if people are complaining that they are so damn big slow and bulky, then you should be able to see and avoid them. its little kids on tricycles we should be banning. Get them off the footpaths and onto the roads where they belong.

bah

/phyro wasitng more peoples time.

P.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Thu, 29 September 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/end political discussion
-> or <thread locked>

You know the rules..... Smile
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Titanium dioxide is the most widely used white (Dry coloring matter (especially an insoluble powder to be mixed with a liquid to produce paint etc)) pigment because of its brightness and very high refractive index (n=2.4), in which it is surpassed only by diamond. When deposited as a thin film, its refractive index and color make it an excellent reflective optical coating for dielectric mirrors.

TiO2 is also an effective opacifier in powder form, where it is employed as a pigment to provide whiteness and opacity to products such as paints, coatings, plastics, papers, inks, foods, and most toothpastes. In cosmetic and skin care products, titanium dioxide is used both as a pigment and a thickener, and in almost every sunblock with a physical blocker, titanium dioxide is found both because of its refractive index and its resistance to discoloration under ultraviolet light. This advantage enhances its stability and ability to protect the skin from ultraviolet light. It is also used in resistance-type lambda probes.

[Sorry for the orig post, it stuck all the definitions in there!]

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2005 01:29]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Paragraphs would be good. Wink
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This manifold was made in China. $55US FOB
http://akamai.globalsources.com.edgesuite.net/f/593/3445/5d/pdt.static.globalsources.com/IMAGES/PDT/BIG/038/B1001076038.jpg

This manifold in this picture was made in the USA $550US Ex works with dump-pipe.
http://www.ssautochrome.com/images/aaaa10217_c.jpg

Which would you buy?
Even IF you have to weld up the Chinese one a few times or add bracing (which the US one doesn't have either) you're still saving shitloads of cash by buying the Chinese unit.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 11:54

Which would you buy?
Even IF you have to weld up the Chinese one a few times or add bracing (which the US one doesn't have either) you're still saving shitloads of cash by buying the Chinese unit.

EXACTLY!
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a huge difference between designed and made in china. Opposed to Designed by a foriegn company made in china. (and i know this will bring on some critism, but i'm ready Razz )

Probably not so much with that manifold tho. Depends on the metals , the welds, and the flow of the pipes compared to the US one. Obviously the US one will be better, and how good the chinese one probably doesn't matter becuase of the huge price differece.
The US made one might actually be worth the price if it makes that much of a difference in performance/life of the product, you get what you pay for still holds true in most cases.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Translating tips on purchasing from China.

Buyer: Please quote your best FOB (Free on board) price for this item.
Supplier: No probrem... we quote FOB then we add charge handling to cover cost increase!

Buyer: We have found 10% of your products from the last shipment to be faulty, please arrange replacements.
Supplier: No problem, we ship replacement with this order! Also we need to tell you about increase price due to oil / plastic / copper / nickel / rice cost increase! We no can accept old price!
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked
insane..completely insane
170bhp
Regular

January 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks THU187, I don't recall bagging them out as a race either Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 13:07

Obviously the US one will be better, and how good the chinese one probably doesn't matter becuase of the huge price differece.
The US made one might actually be worth the price if it makes that much of a difference in performance/life of the product, you get what you pay for still holds true in most cases.

Bullshit Razz
a lot of american stuff is crap. their cost to make parts is huge, their designs are NOT always best, but they will tell you they are Wink

what other country has fucked up so many space missions due to incorrect conversion between imperial and metric Razz

and american cars... OMG lets not start Razz

if/when china decides to start encroahing on world markets, you think the WTO will have any choice Razz

america suxors (and fake their own terrorist attacks to get sympathy),
China rulez ok!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 15:47

Obviously the US one will be better, and how good the chinese one probably doesn't matter becuase of the huge price differece.

Bullshit Razz
a lot of american stuff is crap. their cost to make parts is huge, their designs are NOT always best, but they will tell you they are Wink

what other country has fucked up so many space missions due to incorrect conversion between imperial and metric Razz

and american cars... OMG lets not start Razz

if/when china decides to start encroahing on world markets, you think the WTO will have any choice Razz

China rulez ok!

JAPAN OWNZ CHINA! NOW WE MUST FIGHT TO THE DEATH! *Draws Katana* BANSAI!!
Razz
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

theres a huge difference between designed and made in china. Opposed to Designed by a foriegn company made in china. (and i know this will bring on some critism, but i'm ready Razz )

Probably not so much with that manifold tho. Depends on the metals , the welds, and the flow of the pipes compared to the US one. Obviously the US one will be better, and how good the chinese one probably doesn't matter becuase of the huge price differece.

You just have to do the math on the old "you get what you pay for" ideal these days.

Lets say it takes a Chinese factory worker 2 times the time as it would take a skilled metal fabricator from the USA... say 2 hours for USA and 4 hours for CHN. The US worker would want "at least" $20US/hr for his work whereas the Chinese worker would accept <$0.50US/hr (often <$0.25).
Now on labour alone that means the Chinese are already $38US ahead of the USA even though it takes them twice as long to do the same job!
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 13:47

I couldnt agree more.

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas: Ha ok maybe maybe american automotive wasn't a great example. But my point is when you take the "made in china" equation out of it, Foriegn designs are far far superior to anything china has ever churned out. The chinese have not proven they can design anything as good as what the japs, or the germans etc can. Infact i'd love to hear of some good examples of something china has desinged themselves that is better then the japs, germans, or even the americans!

this coming from a yank, i fully %100 agree on your statement with the terrorist bullcrap, as i was discussing on your thread.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=777761&rid=853&S=d025595ad73035449b271 e7d06754d8a

good to see ppl here are awake to it!!

Toobs: Ok then how about say an Amplifier, And your a music head, would you buy the NAD (made in china, designed somewhere else) for $300 second hand or, or the honli chinese amp brandnew for i dunno $99. of course that's an easy one. But applies to that manifold aswell. But you bring up a good point with labour costs.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now with things like amps its a bit hit and miss... there are some very good chinese amps and some extremely bad ones.
Problem is that its often hard to know what is good or bad without going through and listening to each and every one of them... its not like you can just look at it and see that it will be fine.

The other thing to consider is that the chinese will normally copy better known amps from other countries... the question is how well did they copy it.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a supplier at a trade show last year... I was musing at their advertising being ODM's (Original designer and manufacturer).
When I spoke to the guy he said "yes we definatry ODM, we were first in china to copy dis wan!"
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 20:54

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a supplier at a trade show last year... I was musing at their advertising being ODM's (Original designer and manufacturer).
When I spoke to the guy he said "yes we definatry ODM, we were first in china to copy dis wan!"

Oh that's gold! Laughing
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 17:26

The chinese have not proven they can design anything as good as what the japs, or the germans etc can. Infact i'd love to hear of some good examples of something china has desinged themselves that is better then the japs, germans, or even the americans!

What kinda of design or invention are we talking about?
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anything except chinese food.

ok let me revise that, to anything the japs, germans, americans
are producing.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2005 12:17]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about the BIGGEST FUCKOFF DAM in the world??
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got a link? (just interested in checking it out)

otherwise wrong answer Razz
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok dude. I wouldnt be wrong to say that the Japanese, Germans and Americans would be stocking up on smallpox vaccines at the moment eh?

Chinese pioneered smallpox inoculation in the 10th century AD. 800 years before the western societies.

First compass, 4th century BC (1,500 years before the west)

Chemical warefare Razz, 4th century BC (2,300 years before the west)

Cast Iron, 4th century BC (1,700 years before the west)

Suspension bridge, 1st century AD (1,800 years)

Flame thrower (heh.. trust us to think of this...10th century AD, 1000 years before)

If you wanna find more, read "The Genius of China, by Robert Temple"... makes a good read Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 22:41

Got a link? (just interested in checking it out)

otherwise wrong answer Razz

do i have a link?

are you fuckign serious?

get off your arse and google for it, i'm not your fekin mother..

wrong answer my arse.... get fucked.

Laughing
edit: it's the BIGGEST FUCKOF DAM in the world.. how hard can it be to find a link for it ... sheesh Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2005 13:19]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 22:41

Got a link?

http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah fuck ya i was only asking, don't have to be a prick. You could of just said no i don't have the link. The mentality here is putrid.

yian i will reply back tommorow tommorow gonna go to bed. will have to check out "The Genius of China, by Robert Temple"
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 23:38

ah fuck ya i was only asking, don't have to be a prick. You could of just said no i don't have the link. The mentality here is putrid.

LOL, next time i'll put more Razz Razz Razz Razz

seriously tho dude, it's probably one of the largest civil construction projects the world has ever seen... so i think it should be pretty easy to find Razz

yeah it does suck.. pp not bothering to search etc Razz Wink
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Fri, 30 September 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't sleep Razz

May aswell post a reply.

I've never doubted china had bright minds, great pioneers and invetors.

But from a product point of view bieng produced in this day and age. My argument and thread title, is China still can't design and build a product as good as the japanese.

Electronics industry the japs are at the top there, computer industry well the japs are playing second to the US, altho the semiconductor fabs are lagerly based in taiwan and china, again designed elsewhere built in china to save money.

Automotive industry, the japs! (including motorcycles) there is a korean company doing pretty well with motorcycles called hyosung, kinda like the hyundai of motorbikes, a decent product at a good price, but nothing on the japs for quality/performance.

The video game industry the japs! microsoft can get fucked they won't be number 1 when it comes to consoles/games.

Robot industry the japs are at the forefront there, Looking at the robot's honda, toyota, sony etc have now, they are at the forefront. Probably due to japans decreasing population, and looming labour shortage. Altho no products are really availiable outside of japan but that will change as they get mass produced in china. Or i spose another name for what will start trickeling into the market is whitegoods with AI

civil engineering i'd like to say the japs, but i'm not sure, but i know they build there skyscrapers to withstand earthquakes, buildings that absorb vibrations. (ok this doesn't really count, but i thought i would add it anyway)

Electricty, well tasmania is pretty advanced in that area, but again tasmania didn't design the generators to generate electricy from hydo/wind. But the japs are using the sea to generate power from the rise and fall of the ocean. Smart!

Ok now i'm getting tired. might add more later.
But still would be interested to hear of any chinese designed and made products that better the japs, we know for a fact they can't build a good car yet, even if it is a clone of a isuzu.
bderevnin
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sat, 01 October 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm i reckon its mostly to do with the fact that there isnt really a need for china to design shit when they can just copy stuff at a fraction of the price. it might be crap but people buy it cos its cheap

and yes they can definetely make high quality stuff as long as they are paid for high quality stuff (which is still cheaper btw than what other countries do)

and shraka just sounds like to me that u do alot of complaining, altho i agree with most of what u say, except for the part about u not minding if tax was increased to cover the free education etc. did u know australia is one of the highest taxed countries?

also i used to think autos were stupid in 4x4's as it seemed to defeat the purpose. but try driving up a 40degree incline in the mud and rain, towing another vehicle or operating a winch, and knowing that if u stalled the car would slide backwards and may roll u down the hill and kill u
its an extreme example but just an example
they make things easier in alot of different situations
altho there are situations where a manual is the only way to go

ever try pulling a drift in an auto?

[Updated on: Sat, 01 October 2005 14:12]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 03 October 2005 00:26 Go to previous message
Well if Autos in 4WDs is really okay (for what they are intended to do) then I don't mind. I'm not against 4WDs being used in the bush, or for 4WDing, I'm against them menacing the suburban and city roads.

And yeah, I do do a lot of complaining. There's a lot to complain about. Smile It's better than ignoring it (Although not as good as doing something about it, which I may eventualy do once I have some spare time).

As for taxes going up, well yes. Firstly I'd like to see taxes set at a resonable rate, THEN put up to cover free services. I don't know as much about what our taxes are used for, so I can't really comment.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ADELAIDE: Car Viewing ! WHOS AVAIL TOMORROW TO HELP ME !
Next Topic:[AE86] - URAS releases new bodykit!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:01:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075170993804932 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.