Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Gizzmo IBC Sun, 02 October 2005 23:56 Go to next message
Hey guys,

I've got a Gizzmo IBC, while I'm happy with the simplicity and consistency between gears, I'm not terribly happy with the way it holds boost. I get quite a large spike and it struggles to hold boost to redline. i.e. my current setting is 0.86bar, but it's only got 0.65 bar by redline if it's lucky.

Before I bought the thing, I purposely asked Gizzmo themselves if the boost controller will try to maintain boost within the limits of the solenoid's duty cycle and they said it would.

Does anyone have any tips or anything, perhaps I'm doing it incorrectly.

Cheers,
Nathan
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Gizzmo IBC Sun, 02 October 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and I've currently got the gain setting to 0 bar.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Gizzmo IBC Mon, 03 October 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do remember reading in the manual I downloaded that it will only hold boost depending on the cababilities of the turbo (or somethign to that effect). Could it just be the turbos running out of huff just before redline?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Gizzmo IBC Mon, 03 October 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It could be, but the Jaycar IEBC with the same solenoid can hold boost right to redline, and in theory my turbos should be able to flow more air than factory CT12's.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Gizzmo IBC Mon, 03 October 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok.

You're not using the iBC solenoid with the iBC??!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Gizzmo IBC Mon, 03 October 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No I am using the Gizzmo one, but it's the exact same solenoid as the Autronic one I was using before.
whatthe?
Regular

August 2005
Re: Gizzmo IBC Thu, 20 October 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys, hoping you two might be able to help me since you both have gizzmos?
How do you set boost on the bloody thing? The manual says from the duty cycle menu it should go into the boost set menu after not pushing a button for 5 seconds. Mine doesnt and if I push a button it just goes to the next memory (ie. 1 through 4). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: Gizzmo IBC Fri, 21 October 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got an eboost 2 and have the same problems,, ive set it up ROUGHLY for 15psi - (my car is an auto) when i give it shit in second it makes about 14.8 then drops off to 13.8 and holds it. however. if i dump it from drive, when it kicks down it spikes high - once to 18psi can anyone explain this....
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: Gizzmo IBC Fri, 21 October 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 11:16

No I am using the Gizzmo one, but it's the exact same solenoid as the Autronic one I was using before.

i got one of these as well you need to drive the boost on thats the best way to explain it. Follow the fuctions to set boost then gives you a few sec's starts flashing then drive the car to what boost pressure you want. Then i think you press the bottom button. After that you do the same to set the boost gain or lamens terms the boost curve where u want the boost to come on down low or up hi. There very ticky to setup but once you got the hang of it it is a piece of piss Cool

[Updated on: Fri, 21 October 2005 03:10]

MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Gizzmo IBC Fri, 21 October 2005 02:53 Go to previous message
I have a gizzmo i didnt have an issue.

i used all of the defult settings but the boost one i just choose the first setting of one then increased the boost to 42 which gave me a boost reading of 23psi or there abouts.

this worked fine for me and help boost through the complete rev range. its actully the most stablest EBC i have used
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGTE Radiator Size
Next Topic:4age into a ke25..
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 05:18:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003648042678833 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.