Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kurt.R
Regular

February 2005
Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Sun, 25 September 2005 07:53 Go to next message
For some strange reason the guy that I bought my sprinter off decided to put a RA60 diff in it. Has any one got any suggestions of how I can convert this to a reliable LSD??
I've got quite a bit more power than a stock RA60 and i'm guessing that it's not going to last very long.

Cheers,
Kurt.
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Sun, 25 September 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arent RA60 diffs IRS? do you know what diff it is for certain?
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Sun, 25 September 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA60= T Series Live Axle , thats why.

RA65 is the IRS, not sure about diff specs.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Sun, 25 September 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well in that case, its not such a bad thing. T series diffs arent huge, but they can take a bit of power. LSD centres are easy to come by in different brands.
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Sun, 25 September 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doos the RA60 have swaybar mounts? haven't seen any T-18s recently, might have to visit pinch a part more often

<--- posted by shinybluesteel

[Updated on: Sun, 02 October 2005 12:22]

Kurt.R
Regular

February 2005
Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Mon, 26 September 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But don't sprinters come out with an LSD? if so them why would they change it to an open center?
I'm pretty keen to put an LSD in, does any one know of a center that will fit in??
It's not IRS.

Cheers,
Kurt.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Mon, 26 September 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kurt.R wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 22:25

But don't sprinters come out with an LSD? if so them why would they change it to an open center?
I'm pretty keen to put an LSD in, does any one know of a center that will fit in??
It's not IRS.

Cheers,
Kurt.

not the aussie ones, they all came out with a S series diff.
Reason that guy put a T series in is probably because a T series lsd can be swapped in downt he track. The japanese ae86's had teh option of a LSD but we didnt
Kurt.R
Regular

February 2005
Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Tue, 27 September 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so there is a diff center that can fit in my live axel RA60 diff?? what car is it out of?
Kurt.R
Regular

February 2005
Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Sun, 02 October 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Sun, 02 October 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA60 diff = T series. Therefore a T series diff will fit, which includes JDM AE86's, and thus a large number of aftermarket diff centres is available.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Sun, 02 October 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iff your running decent power, i would get an aftermarket LSD not a factory one. Any T series aftermarket LSD will fit, as long as the spline numbers are correct.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Mon, 03 October 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've measured a RA60 diff up with CLG against a S Series. It has about 10-20mm more track and the Upper Control Arm mouns are 15mm further to the left either side. It also has swaybar mounts etc. You could put it in, but would wear the control arm rubbers.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Mon, 03 October 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unless of coarse the brackets are modified and brought back in to suit.

was talking to you at wsid about ya car man.... didnt realise it was you.

im out in glenmore park we should get together for a drink or sumfin one day and talk shop.

Cheers

Nathan
Kurt.R
Regular

February 2005
Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Tue, 18 October 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah sounds good.
If mine is a T series and a standard AE86 LSD will fit, why has my tail shaft been modified to take the RA60 instead of just fitting the stock AE86 LSD. I'm pretty sure that they bolt up different.
This is what hapens when you buy a half finished project!
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter?? Wed, 19 October 2005 00:54 Go to previous message
probably a case of the ra60 diff sticks out further from the housing than std AE86. Still being a T Series diff im sure a LSD will still fit your centre.

See the lsd is only part of the diff centre....it doesnt replace it totally. IE unbolt center ... fit lsd into center...
bolt back to housing and tail shaft.

Hope thias helps
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:turbo 4AGE
Next Topic:Anyone using Halteck E6X with their 1J?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:54:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088260173797607 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.