Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Central Locking for AE86 Fri, 30 September 2005 11:18 Go to next message
Hi, I just brought a Blackwidow 4 door central locking kit with remote control. The wirings easy but i'm having trouble finding out an appropriate place to mount the Actuator that pulls and pushes the pin.

If anybody could help or supply some pics of theres that would be great.

Cheers Tai
  Send a private message to this user    
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: Central Locking for AE86 Fri, 30 September 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 suggestions:
1) trail and error
2) the rod has to pull up and down, but the actuator can be on any angle + u can bend the rod to go up, across,up, so the actuator pulls the rod in a straigt direction, and so the rod pulls the lock in a straight direction to.
basically, dump the actuator where it dont interfere and bugger with the rod til its pulling straight, with kinks and twists but a net straight pull Smile
see if u understand and if it helps, hope it will,
g/l mate
~andrew~
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Central Locking for AE86 Fri, 30 September 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try and mount it low in the door so it clears the window as it comes down, and it has to be directly below the thing it is actuating. you don't wanna bend the rod too much tho..

if i can fit them in a KE15 door, you can fit it in a spoontah Very Happy
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: Central Locking for AE86 Sat, 01 October 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem with sprinter doors is that you need to go side-side, not up-down, because the internal buttons are in the handles.
Still, there's room to fit a c/lock motor in there sideways.

I can be done, because i did it, and most of the guys i know with sprinters have keyless. You can't not have keyless entry these days. I'd post pics, but I sorted mine out pre digicam ownership, and my current one got nicked Sad

If i remember, i used a very short rod and mounted the motor on the back of the inner metal skin. Sometimes hits the window when the window is wound up, but it only just tags it.

dan

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Central Locking for AE86 Sat, 01 October 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you wanna make sure that the way your motor is mounted will not intefere with the window for obvious reasons, but another not so obvious reason is that if you roll the window down, and it scrapes against the window, your sexy new tints are all buggered up....

i had this issue installing my sisters 6" speakers in the front doors of her camry.

i had to space the speaker out a fair way from the window, and it still just tags it, it initially started to peel the bottom side of the tint off, but i just cut around where the speaker hits, and because it was the bottom of the window, you dont see that bit because its always in the door...

food for thought mate Smile

Eldar.O.
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Central Locking for AE86 Sat, 01 October 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks everybody for your help Very Happy

So if i mount the motor on the inside, do i need to cut out any section or have to bend the rods, im just having trouble working out a place to mount the motor so it will clear my door trim and window.

If anybody could post some pics that would give me an idea.

Thanks Heaps guys, Tai
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Central Locking for AE86 Sun, 02 October 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anybody got pics of there setup, i got no idea of how to mount the actuator need help. Sad
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: Central Locking for AE86 Mon, 03 October 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
taitran wrote on Sun, 02 October 2005 21:22

Has anybody got pics of there setup, i got no idea of how to mount the actuator need help. Sad

LOL have u dont it yet??????

Let me know i did mine.. not hard ill post pics if ur still looking for where to shove it
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Central Locking for AE86 Mon, 03 October 2005 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah i havent done it yet, if you could post pics that would be awesome.

Thanks Tai
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: Central Locking for AE86 Tue, 04 October 2005 09:28 Go to previous message
ill post pics tomorrow

Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4ag build up help
Next Topic:RWD 4age manifold - injector position