Toymods » Tech & Conversions » RWD 4age manifold - injector position

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bert
Regular

May 2003
RWD 4age manifold - injector position Mon, 03 October 2005 07:19 Go to next message
hey fellas, just picked this manifold up cheap. i noticed that its missing the TVIS plate, is this also where the injectors would sit?
if so, how do i go about getting a plate, minus the butterflies.
btw the manifold is going on 4agze head...bigport i think???
(its got AFM and coilpacks, thats bigport, right?)
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1900/ae860228sa.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 03 October 2005 07:19]

Send a private message to this user    
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: RWD 4age manifold - injector position Mon, 03 October 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
injectors go in the head

AFM, no thats wrong.
Bert
Regular

May 2003
Re: RWD 4age manifold - injector position Mon, 03 October 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i have a small port head...are these RWD manifolds small port or large ports?
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: RWD 4age manifold - injector position Mon, 03 October 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all RWD manifolds are bigport. you will need an aftermarket adaptor plate to bolt that thing you have onto a smallport head.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: RWD 4age manifold - injector position Mon, 03 October 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should be able to source a bare TVIS plate to play with. This is what i've done to mine. You can remove the butterflies/shaft quite easily and just weld the holes up afterwards.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4674/tvis0016eu.th.jpg

The injectors will go on the fuel rail which is separate from both the TVIS and mani and into the head. Sorry bout the dodgy pics.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5055/tvis0051yr.th.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1821/tvis0106hr.th.jpg

Hope you can make out that last piccy... the tape you can see at the bottom of the pic cover the ports on the head.

The black cylinder just below the long bolt on the rhs is an injector. I have heard of people running the manifold without the TVIS plate in place. It's a tight squeeze but it's doable.

To figure out whether the head is big/smallport... just compare the runners to the ports on the head. It'll become fairly obvious which ones you have. The ports on a bigport are about 1/3 larger.

Eddie.

Bert
Regular

May 2003
Re: RWD 4age manifold - injector position Mon, 03 October 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool. thanks for the pics. i just looked at this link, and according to the info i have a bigport head anyways
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=745085&rid=2701&S=e7ea7b30cecb1868d531 3ed830e749b5

so i may just have to get the plate and modify it myself. doesnt look like ill need an adaptor, what do others think?
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: RWD 4age manifold - injector position Mon, 03 October 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a spare entire tvis system. let me know if you require anything.

Cheers
Bert
Regular

May 2003
Re: RWD 4age manifold - injector position Mon, 03 October 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet. thanks mate. ill let you know....
thanks for the help everyone Surprised
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RWD 4age manifold - injector position Mon, 03 October 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the head you've got is bigport, use the manifold you've got. If it's a smallport head, sell the manifold, buy a smallport one, adapt the throttle to suit, and buy a new hat with the savings.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: RWD 4age manifold - injector position Tue, 04 October 2005 09:21 Go to previous message
Yeah apparently the bigport manifold will fit onto the bigport head without the TVIS plate..

A couple of things run close but I have been told that it does fit.

Good luck with it all.

Jezza
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Central Locking for AE86
Next Topic:ke30 3tgte ta22 engine mounts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 10:07:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056881904602051 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.