Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ke70rolla
Occasional Poster

October 2005
4AGZE rwd gearbox Mon, 03 October 2005 10:52 Go to next message
hey guys ... i have a ke70 with a 4AGZE rwd conversion ... and on friday night i put an exedy clutch and pressure plate in it ... and the pressure plate is the strongest you can get which ultimately resulted in it stripping 2nd gear in the cluster ... know i dont mind replacing the cluster ... but i think it wood be a waste of time if it is only going to happen again ... what i was wondering if there is a different gearbox i can put in it ... ie. celica box ... if there is any alternate box i can put in the car, it wood be greatly appreciated if someone could tell me ..... cheers, ash
  Send a private message to this user    
ke70rolla
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Mon, 03 October 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just another note ... the box will need to be strong enough to support 145kw @ rear wheels... cheers
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Mon, 03 October 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
please search. this HAS been covered many times.
help for searching is in the sticky at top to of the list of threads.

2nd gear huh? flat changing or trying to do burnouts?

either way, the same will happen to every box..

if it wa a prviously fubared box and you got unlucky, a quick earch will tell you all you need to know Wink
ke70rolla
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Mon, 03 October 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahhha ... nahh ... not doing burnouts man .. just didnt get it into 2nd i think .. it felt like it was in but when i let the clutch out .. the pressure plate grabbed the plate and the cluster snapped teeth off of main shaft .. and if u noticed ... i only just joined man ... so i dont know my way around
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Mon, 03 October 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=61305&start=0&rid=1976&S=b5287859bf6 7e7655f2ff462e261b703

sorry, was confusing you with smoeone else who recently joined... and was tramping from burnouts Wink

the thread above will help you to search.

choices. T series and be nice to it, OR
W series, bigger heavier box, need a 4A to W bellhousing (there have been a few different ones, nut sure where they are currently available).

W series would be the way to go, but more expensive and have to set it up (mounts, maybe tailshaft, shifter position)... find threads of the 4AGTE guys who are running W series boxes (W57, W58 etc), and hassle them Very Happy
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Mon, 03 October 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what box have u got in it atm mate? is it a t-50? coz from what i have heard you can buy closer ratio stronger gears for them, and probably same ratio stronger sets, prob costly tho, i think the w-55 is the box ppl suggested for me to use, but i havnt done the conversion yet. this apparently needs the tunnel being made a bit bigger, with a big hammer Razz
i think any of the w-5x boxes will work but dont qoute me on this. you will need a custom bell housing to make them fit, bill sherwood sells them for arounf 300 or somethin, i will find the thread i created and post the link
~andrew~
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Mon, 03 October 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=80340&rid=12298&S=6964a1693bf9ad305801af d80ee64c7f&pl_view=&start=0#msg_757443

see if that link works, should be the link to the thread i created, mite solve some problems, g/l
~andrew~
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Mon, 03 October 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love ke70 wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 22:06

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=80340&rid=12298&S=6964a1693bf9ad305801af d80ee64c7f&pl_view=&start=0#msg_757443

see if that link works, should be the link to the thread i created, mite solve some problems, g/l
~andrew~

as i said, it's been covere many many times before.. i'm amazed you didn't get flamed for your "question" Wink

love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Mon, 03 October 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol which question, the ridiculously dum one, or the g/box one, i think u flamed me deservedly on the dum one, lets never speak of it again lol...maybe i could edit it out so no one else laughs at me Razz
thanx for the help tho oldcorollas, i dont think anyone else knew the difference between headers and extractors lol
catchyas
~andrew~
ke70rolla
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Tue, 04 October 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have been pricing new boxes today ... the is the supra box option ... about $500.. but this requires an adaptor plate, and the tailshaft extended and the supra yolk.. and also a new clutch plate ... so all up its about 1500... which i think is a rort
... cheers, ash
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Tue, 04 October 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke70rolla wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 18:01

i have been pricing new boxes today ... the is the supra box option ... about $500.. but this requires an adaptor plate, and the tailshaft extended and the supra yolk.. and also a new clutch plate ... so all up its about 1500... which i think is a rort
... cheers, ash

Then go ahead and keep breaking T-50s. If you treat them nice, they'll last a while but judging by your driving style you won't be. You can put in a w box and never have to worry about it again.

You don't HAVE to get a w58. A w55/57 will work just as well. They seem to go for around the $300 mark.

Eddie.
ke70rolla
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Tue, 04 October 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so a w58 is a bolt on gearbox ... no tailshaft adjustments ?
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Tue, 04 October 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No... you do need a new tailshaft as well.
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Tue, 04 October 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my understandin was u could take the rear half from your diff, and the front half from the gearbox and put them together...but i may be wrong....happened once last year too Razz
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Tue, 04 October 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It could be possible but you'll need to check lengths to make sure it'll work. Even if the dimensions happen to be perfect, and all the bolt holes line up, you'll still want to get the tailshaft balanced properly.
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4AGZE rwd gearbox Tue, 04 October 2005 12:05 Go to previous message
yeah that may well be true, the balancing i would agree with
just thought it would be worth trying Smile
~andrew~
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:QUICK REPLY/OPINION!
Next Topic:DLI For 3SGE... Sort of.