Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 01:56 Go to next message
I pulled out of the car park from work and this kid across the street yells out "oi spin the back wheels man!" Now i drive an st162, it may have a four wheel drive engine but no matter how hard i try i doubt i can get the back wheels to spin. So i yelled back "it's a front wheel drive car!"... no response.
Then i dragged a commodore and kicked his ass... twas a good drive. Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats why the old equasion will always stay true

RWD > 4WD > FWD
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like pancakes
that is all
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coFF33 wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 13:32

RWD > 4WD > FWD

RWD > 4WD > FWD > holden
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86DRFT wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 14:51

coFF33 wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 13:32

RWD > 4WD > FWD

RWD > 4WD > FWD > holden

RWD > 4WD > FWD > HOLDEN > FORD > KIA
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did the kids look like this??

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/5619/171732268wa0ne.jpghttp://

i fail to see what makes you so "tough" by spining the wheels and wasting your tread?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RWD > 4WD > FWD > HOLDEN > FORD > KIA > DAEWOO > HYUNDAI > LADA > NIKI > CORONA

Quote:

i fail to see what makes you so "tough" by spining the wheels and wasting your tread?

Because these povo kents either have no car or a car that can not even pull a chirpy, so they wanna see you spin dem wheels mang.

I often get the "light 'em up" or the person uses their hand to indicate that I should put on a smoke show. The people are usually either 12 years old or white trash. Neither of which is a good enough reason to abuse my car.

Just give them a greasy death stare or laugh at them.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2005 05:01]

SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 14:55

kids from sydneys ghetto west Laughing "mount druitt" Laughing
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

kids from sydneys ghetto west "mount druitt"

I love how the kids are attempting to cross their fingers in the pic in a W for "West Siiiieeeeddde"

They have a bright future in stunted growth studies and car theft Rolling Eyes
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lada Niva's don't have to be lame:

http://cp_www.tripod.com/rotary/images/pg07_34b.jpg

A common conversion is also a fiat 2L DOHC engine for added zing, and there is the odd 2TG powered Niva. In canada there is one powered by a substantial Mercedes diesel engine, and there is the odd turbed one around... Also, there is one with the bonnet extended and a VG30DETT!! Shocked

Mine has claimed figures of 0-100km/h in 25sec... Laughing Stock until the end of the year, then inject the existing engine with 2TG gear, and eventually, perhaps, 1UZ power...

But at least they are above the Rona in the performance chain!

I did a service call to Marist college, and I turned up in a suzuki vitara at recess time. Driving through crowds of rich mummy's boys, I heard "light 'em up" so many times Rolling Eyes It's a suzuki vitara FFS! On the plus side, I ate a AE92 corolla in it on another occasion (up to the speed limit of course!).
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona does 0-100 in about ten seconds and the 1/4 mile in 17 flat thankyou Razz.
And as for the Lada Niva, doesn't matter whats in em still doesn't stop em from rusting. Wink

Light up the Vitara lol wtf some ppl have no idea.
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 14:55

Yeah pretty much
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 15:28

Corona does 0-100 in about ten seconds and the 1/4 mile in 17 flat thankyou Razz.
And as for the Lada Niva, doesn't matter whats in em still doesn't stop em from rusting. Wink

Light up the Vitara lol wtf some ppl have no idea.

Laughing ... Well, as a matter of fact, yes there are some factory installed rust spots in Niva's Wink But once a certain gutter is extended and treated, and a bit of filler is placed in a join, they stop rusting, but yeah... The biggest issue is in the drivetrain. It was a pioneering AWD sytem, and when released was competing only with Range Rover and Jensen Interceptors. They made the mistake of having a gerbox and transfer case separated by an intermediate shaft, which causes all manner of vibrations... I reckon a 1UZ would straighten out the driveline though Wink .
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had to change the clutch in a lada niva twice, it was shit. made a mess of it too cause of the way the gearstick comes outta the box, its a damn mess if you dont know the correct way to do it, springs everywhere Smile
and dont get me started on all the damn driveshafts, only enough room to get an open-ended on them which usually results in them being rounded Rolling Eyes
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, Niva clutches are a bit of a problem. They aren't too bad, but there isn't much room either. I've dropped the transfer case out of mine, and I've also replaced the donut in the intermediate shaft twice... Tight as a two year old in there. It's a great recipe for skinned knuckles. I'm gonna experiment with replacing the rubber donut with a CV at some time. Apparently they did that for the 1700's, and almost eliminated the horrible vibrations they are notorious for. On the plus side, they kick the crap out of just about anything off the road!
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4wd is easy to to mad burnouts in,took a guy from the crowd in our gtr workshop toy for mad 4wd burnout{one stab of the throttle and it spins all four in a heart beat!} at the supernats at eastern a year or so ago!hahaha had to clean the seat after it.
mick
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 18:15

4wd is easy to to mad burnouts in,took a guy from the crowd in our gtr workshop toy for mad 4wd burnout{one stab of the throttle and it spins all four in a heart beat!} at the supernats at eastern a year or so ago!hahaha had to clean the seat after it.
mick

Thats very different mick as one it's a 30/70 split rwd bias sometimes more and also would of had shitloads of power Evil or Very Mad. I can tell you that with revs and a decent clutch release a stock jdm gt4 will not spin the wheels off the line
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure it will, just put shit corolla/corona tyres on it..

not going to happen with good tyres tho... clutch has much less grip than 4 tyres.

now in motion going round a corner??... mmmm 4 wheeel power dorifto Razz.. even with tyres... too easy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tricky wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 17:36

Yeah, Niva clutches are a bit of a problem. They aren't too bad, but there isn't much room either. I've dropped the transfer case out of mine, and I've also replaced the donut in the intermediate shaft twice... Tight as a two year old in there. It's a great recipe for skinned knuckles. I'm gonna experiment with replacing the rubber donut with a CV at some time. Apparently they did that for the 1700's, and almost eliminated the horrible vibrations they are notorious for. On the plus side, they kick the crap out of just about anything off the road!

OMG i didnt realise you own a niva, you need your head read.
the russians are as good at making cars as they are at making submarines.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 18:42

sure it will, just put shit corolla/corona tyres on it..

not going to happen with good tyres tho... clutch has much less grip than 4 tyres.

now in motion going round a corner??... mmmm 4 wheeel power dorifto Razz.. even with tyres... too easy

How about 14inch 205/60/14 g-grids, cracked to the shithouse (stored in japan for a year) and with an egg on the inside rear (pothole). Considering the condition of the tyres they had pretty good grip. Wink
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: My drive home last night Tue, 04 October 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool, i had no idea what a niva was till just now.
that looks pretty cool.
it would look sweet with 25" pimp wheels(the ones with all the spokes)!!!1!

chop this to have the pimp wheels i speak of:
http://4wheeldrive.about.com/library/uc/ucgraphics/Niko_Niva_vesivoimalalla.jpg
http://4wheeldrive.about.com/library/uc/ucNiko.htm
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: My drive home last night Wed, 05 October 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"cool" maybe. But 58kW for 1300kg GVM, a vibrating drivetrain and dodgy russian electrics... Makes for a lot of fun. In truth, they stick pretty well, but they can understeer pretty badly. They behave like a FWD in that you can straighten them up with a stab on the throttle and a sharp release to push the weight back to the front wheels. I had thought a few times that they would look awesome with huge wheels and a cossack body kit, but that sorta defeats the purpose of a cheap 4WD that gets up anything.

On the topic of the post, I HAVE spun the wheels in the Niva once... on the dirt... That is if mud up a 50 degree slope doesn't count as wheel spinning! And some mad dorifto fun is to be had on dirt roads... That reminds me, my handbrake cable is stretched. Must replace that before next rego Evil or Very Mad
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: My drive home last night Wed, 05 October 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha these things seem like a hell of a lot of fun Laughing
ive only recently been looking at getting a vitara since driving my mates jeep (not the same i know)
doubt parts will be easy to find though Sad
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: My drive home last night Wed, 05 October 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lench wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 11:08

haha these things seem like a hell of a lot of fun Laughing
ive only recently been looking at getting a vitara since driving my mates jeep (not the same i know)
doubt parts will be easy to find though Sad

Actually, quite the contrary. There is an importer in Caboolture, Qld. They import every Lada part but the radiators, and they are reasonably priced. Every time I have ordered something from them, it has been at my door the next day.

Note about Vitara vs. Lada... Vitara's have a habit of rolling if you take them the paces you take a Lada. They have a narrower track, and a higher centre of gravity. On the other hand, Vitara's are actually a reasonable amount of fun on the road. When not in 4WD, they are RWD's. Only problem is they love squaeking the tyres well before they break free, so the grannies hate it.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My drive home last night Wed, 05 October 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 18:15

mick

Yeah, have fun replacing all your LSDs, the clutch, gearbox, and various other drivetrain components when they all explode.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: My drive home last night Wed, 05 October 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant beleive you guys are serious about ladas. theres a reason they are the butt of every car joke.
having said that people who are into ladas usually are REALLY into lads. dirty sick bastards Rolling Eyes
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: My drive home last night Thu, 06 October 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True dat. I know a lot of Lada people with MANY ladas... Mine was my first car, and was cheap, good on petrol, and goes anywhere (I'm a rock climber, so approaches can be pretty intense on occassion). The longer I've had it, the more I have become attached to it. In this day of strap on rice boxes, it's hard to have a unique vehicle. Larry is unique, even if it does land me at the butt of jokes...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: My drive home last night Thu, 06 October 2005 02:55 Go to previous message
cycleofabuse wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 11:26

I pulled out of the car park from work and this kid across the street yells out "oi spin the back wheels man!" Now i drive an st162, it may have a four wheel drive engine but no matter how hard i try i doubt i can get the back wheels to spin. So i yelled back "it's a front wheel drive car!"... no response.
Then i dragged a commodore and kicked his ass... twas a good drive. Laughing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Various%20Random%20Shit/pupstories1cd.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:stupid crappy printers - help?
Next Topic:What Video Conferencing Equipment does your work use?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:17:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0095269680023193 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.