Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » How much am i looking at for a 100kw 4AGE?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
icon5.gif  How much am i looking at for a 100kw 4AGE? Mon, 03 October 2005 07:59 Go to next message
I am thinking of getting another one..
I want to rebuild it on the side, put all the goodies in it, and then swap it with my 4age which blows a bit of smoke..
SO just the motor its self..
how much do they go for these days?
cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: How much am i looking at for a 100kw 4AGE? Mon, 03 October 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

would you be interested in my GZE engine if i decide to strip my lemon? it's already done up, getting tuned tomorrow and if worse come to work maybe end of next week if it doesn't work out we'll strip the car down for parts. PM me if interested. The plan is not to seperate the engine from the ECU, dyno tuned map and fuel pumps. If interested i'll keep you informed of what will happen.

Cheers
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: How much am i looking at for a 100kw 4AGE? Mon, 03 October 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 17:59

I am thinking of getting another one..
I want to rebuild it on the side, put all the goodies in it, and then swap it with my 4age which blows a bit of smoke..
SO just the motor its self..
how much do they go for these days?
cheers

How long is a piece of string.

If your going to rebuilt it, better searching the wreckers and asking for a dud motor, or just hore yourself around different forums (toymods/ae86 driving club/twincam.org/ asking for a dead short motor,

Cheers

Steve
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: How much am i looking at for a 100kw 4AGE? Mon, 03 October 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$200 for a blown 16v suting rebuild, just the block no intake, headers etc. thats what i guy i know recently picked one up for from a wrecker
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: How much am i looking at for a 100kw 4AGE? Mon, 03 October 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pick a part sell any 4cyl engine for 180 ($220 with warrnty)
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: How much am i looking at for a 100kw 4AGE? Mon, 03 October 2005 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
really? 180 complete? or bare?

hey damn, i could even get me a spare 4ag for when mine finally blows up..
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: How much am i looking at for a 100kw 4AGE? Tue, 04 October 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think complete, the money is at v6 or v8 + rwd auto gbox's Rolling Eyes, but most of the cars that come in have stuffed engines, most of the ones iv seen at pick a part have blown head gaskets unless been crashed
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: How much am i looking at for a 100kw 4AGE? Tue, 04 October 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sounds a little cheap? i know Keal picked up his 4age for his sprinter for around 900 dollers with all the wiring and ECU from SSS automotive.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: How much am i looking at for a 100kw 4AGE? Tue, 04 October 2005 03:07 Go to previous message
yea depends where u get it from, i went to a few places, ranged from 650>1000 for a stock bigport 4age, pick a part is DIY and price is set for ANY 4cyl (4k, 4ac, 4age, 3sge = $180)

anyways, based on wreckers price ur 4age could be worth anywher from $180 to $1000
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Do you drive with fog lights on ?
Next Topic:Subaru Auto Gearbox Help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:32:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052778720855713 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.