Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Boot will not open, broken latch?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Boot will not open, broken latch? Mon, 03 October 2005 06:11 Go to next message
I unlocked the boot on my z20 soarer and the lock turned all the way to unlock but the boot lid itself won't release.

So i tried the floor mounted boot release. It clicked and i can hear it moving the mechanism in the boot, however the boot lid still cant be opened.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening and how to open it, short of angle grinders and crowbars?
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Boot will not open, broken latch? Mon, 03 October 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The one on the XX was being a shit. I can't turn my key all the way but that was related to the lock itself. The floor-lever controller one I could hear moving but it couldn't toggle the latch. Turns out it had been bent or something and required bending to get back to the correct spot where it would clear the latch and be far enough over to push it all the way
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Boot will not open, broken latch? Mon, 03 October 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To get into it, remove the backseat and climb in
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Boot will not open, broken latch? Mon, 03 October 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last time i checked there is a large mass of metal preventing that activity
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Boot will not open, broken latch? Mon, 03 October 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Cressida just has two 3" bars in the way.
Probably enough to stop a dong as large as yourself from getting through, but MacGyver should think of a broom stick + rubber glove type setup to pop it open.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Boot will not open, broken latch? Mon, 03 October 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try havin pushing down on the boot when pulling the release lever, happens on my cressida at times.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Boot will not open, broken latch? Mon, 03 October 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You sure you turned the key the right way to open it?

In my car if you turn the key the wrong way you lock it in 'valet' mode, so that no one can get into the boot. My suggestion would be to try and turn the key the other way in the boot...?

Cheers
Wilbo
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Boot will not open, broken latch? Mon, 03 October 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I locked my keys in the boot of my gz20 one night and I opened the middle seat section and poked a bit of a hole through the foam stuff and pushed the other layer out of the way and you should be able to use some tool to unhook the latch.
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: Boot will not open, broken latch? Mon, 03 October 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if turning the key the other way doesnt work, the best way in is thru the seat as everyone says, id be surprised if there is metal all the way across, all ive ever seen is support bars running across but who knows. if u cant fit, just get some skinny fella to reach thru and trip the latch, and dont close it again til ur sure u fixed it lol
~andrew~
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Boot will not open, broken latch? Mon, 03 October 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From memory the GZ20 has some uber bracing, *someone* may be able to get through, but not one as large as yourself
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Boot will not open, broken latch? Mon, 03 October 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know the problem:
the guy u have in there in holding it shut, cos he knows when it opens he wont b alive for much longer.

just wait till hes asleep.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Boot will not open, broken latch? Tue, 04 October 2005 06:55 Go to previous message
maybe someone welded up the boot while u were sleeping?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ke30 3tgte ta22 engine mounts
Next Topic:Auto Transmission Fluid Flow?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:48:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066688060760498 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.