Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Bloody Ford Drivers!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Wed, 12 February 2003 10:45 Go to next message
I was stopped to turn right yesterday arvo... A Golf pulled up behind me... And the next minute, screech and BANG!!! I noticed the Falcon hit the Golf... And a second later, BANG!!! and my car was a metre further down the road... My first word was "F**K", to the horror of a lady waking her young child home... Now the boot is stuck open and I have 2 pages of stuff that I've found thats wrong with the car... Lets hope for the best that it's not written off... Here are the pics:

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-pp7s.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-RcOJ.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-Iu8I.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-sMAS.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-7tqw.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-Dztr.jpg

There is more damage that you can't see from the pics... The bootlid is twisted, creased seal in the bootlid, crease in the spare wheel well, a massive crack in the sound absorbtion on the boot floor and the list goes on...

WHAT IS IT WITH TOYMODS AND ACCIDENTS?!?!?!

I'm heading to the smash repairs on Sat morning to get a quote and book it in to get the back fixed and the front from when the truck ran into my car... This ain't too bad, new bumper bars, spoiler and whatever else I can come up with... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
  Send a private message to this user    
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Wed, 12 February 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not good Ben, sorry to hear it.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Wed, 12 February 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good time to look at the extra cost of a body kit Smiley =

others can subsidise the costs Smiley =
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Wed, 12 February 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atleast we know who attracts these accidents Smile
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Wed, 12 February 2003 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as a ford driver i have two words for ya ben...
"relax, guy"

Very Happy
at least you werent found at fault. if it makes u feel better i can photoshop fix it all up for ya Laughing

charlee
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Wed, 12 February 2003 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hear man, looks as if its still drivable though, just tape it down with some racing tape and drive next to some Commodores and Falcons and she'll be sweet mate ! You'll fit right in Laughing

I HIGHLY doubt it will be written off, a freind of mine had his car rammed into, by a bloody falcon, and it pushed the car about 3-4 metres forward into the car in front and pushed it about 2metres forward and mounted his car up on the gutter. It was a damn hard hit. They didn't write it off, it was a 1993 Pulsar, but the damage bill came to about 7-7500 grand plus the damage to the car in front. He couldn't open the back doors and we had to get 3 guys to open the boot.

Ohh yeah to top it off, it was at about 3am New Years Day !!! So we were all still pissed, and things got a little heated. lots of alcohol and a smashed up car, nearly hit WW3!! Very Happy

Ohh yeah and to top it all off, the idiot who smashed into his car didn't ven have insurance!!! HAPY NEW YEAR!! No No No
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon9.gif  Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Thu, 13 February 2003 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hear it dude. Sad

Hope things work out for you!
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Thu, 13 February 2003 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bitchin! Mad

Id be worried the most about the crease in the spare wheel well, it almost sounds like chassis damage Confused Any creases in the roof?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Thu, 13 February 2003 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luke, Bodykit??? Nah, just some skirts for me... I'll hopefully get 'em soon...

Charlee, Hehehe... Nice one dude... You can try, but I doubt that you will get anywhere...

Daniel, it's tied down with rope and hockey straps at the moment... I think I'll get out the sledgy on Sat and move the boot lock back so I can get it shut...

7m, yeah, thats what I'm worried about aswell... Also, the metal piece under the rear light assembly has split... And plus all the metal under the rear bumper has all been creased and folded in a pretty bad way... I havn't spotted any creases in the roof but I'll have a look under lights at my mates smash repairs on Sat to make sure... Well, err, stuff it... He can do it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Thu, 13 February 2003 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Thu, 13 February 2003 20:48

....Nah, just some skirts for me... I'll hopefully get 'em soon...

Hmmmm. Razz Razz
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Thu, 13 February 2003 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sucks big time benny!! Evil or Very Mad

And EvilJack was right. Atleast we know who attracts the accidents!! Razz Razz Razz
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Thu, 13 February 2003 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats always a kick in the teeth, glad it wasn't any worse than that, no severe structural damage or anything.
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Thu, 13 February 2003 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now Ben that was a big kangaroo. Laughing Laughing

Sorry to here. Hope all works out.
What insurance u got??
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Fri, 14 February 2003 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice one Andrew... Side Skirts will be on the list for mods...

Steve and Andrew, WTF do you mean "We know who attracts these accidents"??? I don't attract them... Its just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time... And for the front, well that truck driver must've been blind as my car was parked and he hit the car...

Brett, you got that right!!! A hole 2 1/2 tonnes of Volkswagen and Ford straight up the ass!!! I got full comp but It's not going thru mine... He caused it, he can loose his no claim bonus...

[Updated on: Fri, 14 February 2003 08:11]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Fri, 14 February 2003 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anyone can't see the pics, then try these URL's... I've had a few people that have complained of not being able to see the pics so try these URL's...

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-pp7s.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-RcOJ.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-Iu8I.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-sMAS.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-7tqw.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-Dztr.jpg
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Fri, 14 February 2003 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Fri, 14 February 2003 19:08

Steve and Andrew, WTF do you mean "We know who attracts these accidents"??? I don't attract them... Its just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time... And for the front, well that truck driver must've been blind as my car was parked and he hit the car...

just stirin u dude. not serious. Wink

hope that its all back to normal asap
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Fri, 14 February 2003 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Fri, 14 February 2003 18:08

Brett, you got that right!!! A hole 2 1/2 tonnes of Volkswagen and Ford straight up the ass!!! I got full comp but It's not going thru mine... He caused it, he can loose his no claim bonus...

Exactly, why should your premiums go up because it was his fault.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Fri, 14 February 2003 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck man that sux!!!
I think everyone who hasn't crashed yet should head out tomorrow, and I suggest you all take the bus or something, & invest in some comprehensive insurance!

Hey Ben, you can still claim through your insurance company, if you tell them you wern't at fault they will chase up the other drivers insurance company for your excess & do all the hard work for you, & you won't lose any no claim or anything.
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Fri, 14 February 2003 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big worm's got the right idea with that one, let the insurance company chase the money for you.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Fri, 14 February 2003 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats the quickest way to do it man! Claim it on your insurance, tell them that your not at fault, get the quotes and then they will assess it and fix it, then they chase up the other wankers for the money. Thats the way my mate did it.

Doesn't affect your no-claim or anything. And that way you don't have to go through the hassell of getting the money out of him.

Good luck man, hope to see you on a cruise sooner than later!

P.S. Have you got any of your stereo gear in there yet? If so, did it get damage at all? If not, make sure you tell the insurance company when you do get it in. Trust me, its worth paying the little extra per year for! I had all my shit flogged out of my Corolla once, and luckily I told NRMA what I had in it and it all got replace with heaps better shit! Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Bloody Ford Drivers!!! Fri, 14 February 2003 15:43 Go to previous message
About the insurance... I meant that the claim wasa not goingf under my name as it was the other dudes fault... I have rang teh NRMA and reported it so they can do the money chasing and deal with the hassles...

The stereo was in the car but all out now ready to go the smash repairs... As soon as it gets back totally fixed, then the stereo gets put back in...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RA65 paint
Next Topic:How much to register a 4agze in WA. Perth
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 04:50:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042431354522705 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.