Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3SGE to 3SGTE Conversion

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

icon4.gif  3SGE to 3SGTE Conversion Mon, 03 October 2005 07:43 Go to next message
Hey guys

Ok I have done heaps of research but cant find what I am after.

Has anyone done a 3sge gen 3 to 3sgte gen 3 conversion before?

Just need to confirm a few things with the Ecu pin outs and the wires that where changed

Or if anyone has pictures/ wiring diagrams of either Ecu with the pinouts on it that would be a great help as well

Thanks Matt

[Updated on: Mon, 03 October 2005 07:48]

Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3SGE to 3SGTE Conversion Tue, 04 October 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its been done, somone on ozcelica.com has done it wiring looms wont be the same... but ask the guy on ozcelica
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 3SGE to 3SGTE Conversion Tue, 04 October 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what kinda car is it in?

ther may be a few factors, example, an ST162 with 3sge gen1, the wiring loom from the ST165 with 3sgte gen1 mates up perfectly, same goes for an ST182 with 3sge gen2 and ST185 with 3sgte gen2.

I can't promise but if its in the same car, there may be a likely hood, ie mr2 3sge gen3 and mr2 3sgte gen3
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 3SGE to 3SGTE Conversion Tue, 04 October 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the looms are different i can wire it up

just did a 3sge today
The_owl
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 3SGE to 3SGTE Conversion Wed, 19 October 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello to all! i have a 1988 st162 celica and i have a cracked head atm Sad and it is $750 for a new head or $1000 for a 3sge motor. so i want to get the motor and put it into my 3sfe celica, but i dont know whats involved and if it is really worth it, i mean, would i really notice the difference? please email anything u think will help to: peteys_rippin_shit@hotmail.com thanks heaps to all that help me coz i need to make a decision FAST!
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3SGE to 3SGTE Conversion Thu, 20 October 2005 03:19 Go to previous message
The_owl wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 22:27

hello to all! i have a 1988 st162 celica and i have a cracked head atm Sad and it is $750 for a new head or $1000 for a 3sge motor. so i want to get the motor and put it into my 3sfe celica, but i dont know whats involved and if it is really worth it, i mean, would i really notice the difference? please email anything u think will help to: peteys_rippin_shit@hotmail.com thanks heaps to all that help me coz i need to make a decision FAST!

Go for the 3S-GE conversion instead... which gen 3S-GE is it you're looking to put in?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3SFE to 3SGE conversion
Next Topic:3k Tosco (TRD) Manual
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:44:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005620002746582 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.