Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
icon5.gif  Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Mon, 10 February 2003 07:05 Go to next message
Hi all,

I am using EMS on my 1g and the air temp reads between 1 to -51. On acceleration i get black smoke, which means it must be running bloody rich and the car moves like a slug. Sad

I have removed the air temp sensor and cleaned it with petrol and it hasn't made a difference!!

Does anyone know what the problem is and how do i fix it??
  Send a private message to this user    

Re: Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Tue, 11 February 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They dont call it "EM- Stress" for nothing.

Double check the wiring.
Try a new sensor.

Send the box back or visit EMS with your car.

The two Petes are very helpful when problems occur, just dont expect them to ever admit ANYTHING was wrong with your computer, but rest asured it will come back working if it wasnt before.

Mine went back 4 times in 12 months.

never cost me a cent though.

Matt

Re: Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Tue, 11 February 2003 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also at what point does the warm up mode end (usually 60 -70 deg). simply lower this temp to below the inake reading, see if the engine responds.

Matt

leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Tue, 11 February 2003 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do EMS ecu's suck? I was gonna be getting an EMS Stinger for an engine conversion..is this the same one that sucks?
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Wed, 12 February 2003 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've never heard of the Stinger, but mine is the Dual Sport 1. Gnerally, I've found the EMS customer service sucks.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Wed, 12 February 2003 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ems rules i had some problems at fisrt that was cause of the wiring bloody "ROCCOS" dont go there i got it fixed and re tuned i out ran every other mr2 on 15 psi as what i was on and i even beat 1 on 21psi everything was stock internally stock turbo at the time and it pulled out 160 rw/kw that was good for just a computer upgrade and a bit more boost.
look to be honest all the big name computers haltec ems motoec are all as good as each other by that i mean they are as good as the tunner is find the right tuner they will go great
the ems singter is good very much the same as the noraml ems just cant have the hand set i think the stinger has some more out puts but i know it doesnt have some of the features that the normal ems has i cant remember off the top of my head
but in my opion ems kicks arse....
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Wed, 12 February 2003 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also on custome service i agree does suck if u ring them... go in u wiull get things done straight away and they wont charge u both of the peters are bloody brainaks they know there shit, i would say its great customer service if u can get to ems.
barbel
Regular

May 2002
Re: Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Wed, 12 February 2003 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i've been using Em Stress or PMs for over a yr now and hovent had any problems with it yet. for the price i think the functionallity is great, plenty of outputs and controls everythihg quite nicely,

we'll see once i put some boost through it though, Smile

cheers
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Thu, 13 February 2003 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am from Canberra, so decent tuners are rare. If i take my wheels to Sydney who would you recommend??

I am thinking of V&E Rigoli as theyare an EMS dealer.

Mr.2 where did youtake it to get re -tuned??

Also does anyone have any other advice for my neg air temp reading??
barbel
Regular

May 2002
Re: Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Thu, 13 February 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt have any luck with rigoli, they tuned it in an hour and it guzzled juice, went ok but was rough.

seconf time round i went to some young guys, unigroup engineering in girraween and am happy as larry since then, car is so much smoother and economical and made heaps more power,

i havent got a number on me right now though
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Thu, 13 February 2003 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how hard would it be to tune an ems stinger myself for something similar to a worked 4age (gonna be 7age)?

PS The stinger is laptop-tunable.

cheers
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Thu, 13 February 2003 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leebroozlee the stinger is very easy to tune as is ems the progamme that u use on the lap top is very user friendly.

Yeeehah
i got my car tuned at premmier ph is 9832 3233 speak to a steve or a dave... i swear by them... they know what they are doing i would never go anywhere else... also they added bonus is that they have a new dyno 4wd brand new not pout of wack at all not like cyroden and others i could list but wont.... any ways good luck
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Fri, 14 February 2003 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had EMS on my 2TG and found it to be a great system and would have bought it again expect there are a minimal number of people who really know how to tune it.

Mine actually did the same thing and in my case it was the plug for the water temp sensor was dirty and the connection kept failing and engaging the choke ! (Hence no power and black smoke)

Check that first Smile

Oh and I actually found EMS ok help wise on the one occasion I rang them ! Otherwise SAS looked after the tuniinng side of it well !
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Attention EMS users RE: minus air temp reading &black smoke Fri, 14 February 2003 14:37 Go to previous message
thanks MR. 2
got quoted $1500 by my local performance mechanic for the Stinger, supplied and fitted, but not sure if that's for tuning also, but i doubt it..if i can't afford tuning i'll try and do it myself..i just have to borrow their AF meter and have lots of patience.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1ggte (gen3) into ta23
Next Topic:heavy duty clutch/brass button clutch????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 07:28:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054628849029541 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.