Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ELUSIV
Occasional Poster

June 2004
EOI: 1986 AE82 Twin CAM Sat, 01 October 2005 03:04 Go to next message
hey guys, as i plan on buying a new car by the end of the year i thought i would get some expressions of interest for my rolla so i know what sorta price people are interested in paying and if anyone is interested. Sorry some of the pics were a bit blurred it was freezin outside when i took them! Confused

1986 AE82 Twin CAM Hatchback Corolla
Red
260,000km's
4A-GE Big port
Fairly new triple core radiator
15" ROH wheels with 195/50/15's
Super low king springs (not currently installed)
Alpine head unit - CDA7839E
MBQuart Reference 6" splits
Alpine 2 channel amp MRVT707
Alpine 2 channel amp MRVT407
2 Alpine Type S 12" DVC subs in a sealed enclosure bolted on to a custom 3 piece false floor via a custom polished ally checkerplate frame.
New exhaust (had it done by Genie yesterday so its not in that picture, cost me $320), full cat back system, new resonator, 2.25" system to a new muffler and droopy tip at the back, sounds a lot better now especially with the TVIS scream
Cool
No major accident damage, boot needs to be closed a bit hard cos it took a small hit in the back when someone tried 2 cut the corner at a set of lights but i am trying to track down a rear left right cluster. The pumper has a couple of nicks in it and just general age wear and tear, but its never been in any major accident and is still in great condition and excellent mechanical condition, the engine has been regularly serviced, the radiator is filled with the genuine red toyota coolant which i have made up from a mixture as this coolant is apparently the shizzle. Inside the upholstery is like new as it has always had seat covers, momo shift knob, OBA sports steering wheel. The paint is getting a bit old and sorta starting 2 fade, but it isnt really that bad irl. The right hand side rear passenger door must have been replaced by a previous owner but it was nothing major again.
4A-GE goes hard, i rarely ever put the foot in to it because with the old exhaust it sounded terrible when TVIS kicked in, so it was pretty much driven 90% of the time under 4k rpm so engine has never been thrashed. Good reliable car and ive never had any major problems with it, i love driving it and would keep it but unforunately i need the money to upgrade to something turbo and RWD.
Im in Perth W.A. so if anyone is interested let me know, i wont be selling the car straight away but it will be for sale soon!
Cheers!

Steve.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~wemery/Steve/Rolla/DSC00017.JPG

http://members.iinet.net.au/~wemery/Steve/Rolla/DSC00018.JPG

http://members.iinet.net.au/~wemery/Steve/Rolla/DSC00017.JPG

http://members.iinet.net.au/~wemery/Steve/Rolla/DSC00019.JPG

http://members.iinet.net.au/~wemery/Steve/Rolla/DSC00020.JPG

http://members.iinet.net.au/~wemery/Steve/Rolla/DSC00021.JPG
  Send a private message to this user    
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: 1986 AE82 Twin CAM Sat, 01 October 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what sought of $$$ are we talking about...thanks
ELUSIV
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: EOI: 1986 AE82 Twin CAM Sat, 01 October 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude, im not sure yet, im tryin 2 see what people are willing to pay so i can work out a fair price to ask, considering it cost $4k to buy a few years ago and about the same has been spent on it im looking around the 5k range.
manzy
Regular

September 2004
Re: EOI: 1986 AE82 Twin CAM Sat, 01 October 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5k? thats a bit much dont you think.
ELUSIV
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: EOI: 1986 AE82 Twin CAM Tue, 04 October 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude, i could really only base a price off what they are going for on autotrader/carsales, they still seem to be holding value at around $3k for clean stockies, so i figure with $4k worth of extra's its a fair price for 5k.
But everything is negotiable of course and i really was just looking for EOI, thanks.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: EOI: 1986 AE82 Twin CAM Tue, 04 October 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the car. But the price is waayy to high, i've seen heaps of twinky's go for 2500 - 3000 with all kinds of extra's. If i had 5 grand i wouldn't be buying an AE82.
ELUSIV
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: EOI: 1986 AE82 Twin CAM Tue, 04 October 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the input guys. Gives me a bit of direction where to go with the future sale of the car Smile
Maybe around 4 mite be more reasonable, considering the audio gear in it isnt your usual bargain basement pioneer and sony stuff it would be a shame to see the money spent not add to the value of the car. Sad
Bare in mind as well cars are a little bit more expensive generally in W.A. compared 2 ya easties Laughing
Cheers guys! Cool

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2005 06:11]

bludsh0t
Regular

January 2005
Re: EOI: 1986 AE82 Twin CAM Tue, 04 October 2005 10:46 Go to previous message
if u want to see money back, take the system out and either sell it separate, or whack it in your new beast, not many people care to pay more unless its a true showstopping system.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:brozne ae86 20v $9000 ono
Next Topic:AE82 twincam for quick sale ( PERTH)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 22:47:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051789283752441 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.