Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE101R to what...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
darkness
Occasional Poster

September 2005
AE101R to what... Fri, 16 September 2005 17:41 Go to next message
Alright, I've got a 1996 toyota corolla sedan. I was wondering what engine i should put in it, preferably the newer the better. I've been looking at a couple of 4A-GE engines, as well as 2ZZ-GE, and a couple of others, what do you all suggest?
  Send a private message to this user    
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: AE101R to what... Sat, 17 September 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rebuilt 4AGE or used 20valve.
Maybe even build your own 7AGE.
I believe it can be done : 7A block + 4AGE Head

2ZZ = very rare + Expensive.

4A = Bolt straight in

My $0.02 worth ! Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AE101R to what... Sat, 17 September 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDCelica wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 11:06

2ZZ = very rare + Expensive.

sss automotive had a 2zz with matching 6 speed gearbox for 2500 last time i was there
darkness
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: AE101R to what... Fri, 23 September 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about a 3S-GTE with 20 valve? if possible, or a 1G-GTE, would that fit?
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE101R to what... Fri, 23 September 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your only bolt in options are:
7A-FE = a bit ordinary
4A-GE = 100kw
4A-GE 20valve ~120kw
4A-GZE ~ 125kw+

I guess 2ZZ-GE with matching gearbox would sort of fit, with a few modifications. 140kw

3S-GE or 3S-GTE can fit but its a massive project.

They are your only realistic options.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE101R to what... Fri, 23 September 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going to 4AG will LOSE you torque, why not turbo/SC the 7AFE? (with new rods/pistons of course).
2ZZ is still 1.8L, but more fun than 7AF.. but still, not much faster Razz

3SGTE is a step in the right direction.
darkness
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: AE101R to what... Fri, 23 September 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

3S-GE or 3S-GTE can fit but its a massive project.

I like the sound of that engine, but exactly how difficult would it be, like RWD to FWD mod or somethin, or a bit more difficult than that??
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE101R to what... Fri, 23 September 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stewart, the guy has a 4A-FE now, not a 7A-FE, so I doubt the 4A-GE would have much less torque. Overall power is what matters to me anyway.

And the 2ZZ-GE is a much faster motor than the 7A-FE, not sure if you have driven them or not.

Yes you can fit a 3S-GTE, but its not what you would call a bolt in swap for a novice.

Maybe the owner could say exactly how fast he wants to go.
darkness
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: AE101R to what... Fri, 23 September 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm thinking i'll just go for a 4A-GE 20v and whack a turbo on it, ive heard good stories about em, and i can get one quite easily
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE101R to what... Fri, 23 September 2005 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonny2TG wrote on Sat, 24 September 2005 00:55

Stewart, the guy has a 4A-FE now, not a 7A-FE, so I doubt the 4A-GE would have much less torque. Overall power is what matters to me anyway.

And the 2ZZ-GE is a much faster motor than the 7A-FE, not sure if you have driven them or not.

Yes you can fit a 3S-GTE, but its not what you would call a bolt in swap for a novice.

Maybe the owner could say exactly how fast he wants to go.

ewwww, 4AFE Razz i thought they were 7A (or is that the 111's)

yah i have driven em, but they have to be "driven" and the oil pump stories worry me Wink

ahh turbo 20V, what all the bling kiddies go for these days Razz
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE101R to what... Fri, 23 September 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2zzge totally owns the 7afe, and the oil pump stories are just that, stories.

dale_8888
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: AE101R to what... Sat, 24 September 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally I wouldn't get a turbo 20v, if i got a 20v i would leave it N/A as they are mad engines.

3SGTE...maybe...not much would need to be changed would it because it's going from MR to FF, so its the same layout. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Personally I would go a 4AGZE, while they don't have heaps of power, they still beat stock skylines and WRX's when they're stock. Just add a pulley and run more boost Razz

In your case, go a 4AGZE as they are a fwd engine and they came out of a 101 (levin).

Good luck though
darkness
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: AE101R to what... Tue, 04 October 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, would there be any possible way, and i mean ANY way to whack in a 2JZ engine
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE101R to what... Tue, 04 October 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
darkness wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 18:14

ok, would there be any possible way, and i mean ANY way to whack in a 2JZ engine

Sure there would.. but it probably goes a little beyond the realms of a 'normal' conversion. To begin with, you'll either need to make the car a couple of feet wider, or make the engine point the other way. Then you'll need somewhere to put a gearbox... and perhaps some way of getting the drive from the gearbox to the wheels... Look through magazines for pics of old Camiras etc. that have been turned into full house drag cars (usually with a V8), and then you'll get an idea of what might be involved Laughing
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE101R to what... Tue, 04 October 2005 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont need to make it wider. they fit
just take a LOT of fabrication
and good luck making it legal over there.

been done twice over here
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE101R to what... Wed, 05 October 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I guess 2ZZ-GE with matching gearbox would sort of fit, with a few modifications. 140kw

Nil, just source the parts from a ZZ111 (Ae111 with the 1ZZFE), Europe or America will be the Easiest port of call...
darkness
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: AE101R to what... Wed, 05 October 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, i got it, how about a 1JZ engine??
darkness
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: AE101R to what... Wed, 05 October 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, and also whack on a Skyline GTS-T front wheel drive 6 speed gearbox on it...
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE101R to what... Wed, 05 October 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, u on drugs or just having us all on here. inline 6 cylinder into a tiny corolla, NUP, forget about it, V6 maybe, prolly still too little room, fills out a camry engine bay quite well, its HUGE compared to tha rolla!

"front wheel drive 6 spd skyline box"...um dont they use a RWD box with a forward 'transfer case'?

go the mighty 4age 20v, go nuts with it N/A, would be a weapon for sure

......my 83.5 cents...
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE101R to what... Wed, 05 October 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mideon_696 wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 22:42

dude, u on drugs? coz i want some... inline 6 cylinder into a tiny corolla, NUP, forget about it, V6 maybe, prolly still too little room, fills out a camry engine bay quite well, its HUGE compared to tha rolla!

"front wheel drive 6 spd skyline box"...um dont they use a RWD box with a forward 'transfer case'?

go the mighty 4age 20v, go nuts with it N/A, would be a weapon for sure

......my 83.5 cents...

darkness
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: AE101R to what... Thu, 06 October 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want to have an individual car, with power, somethin that no-one else has got (that I have heard of) People reckon i could fit a 2JZ engine in it(with a bit of work), surely i could fit a 2.5L 1JZ in it, it's only an extra .9L. Does anyone know of a FWD gearbox that could handle it too, seen as the skyline one is a RWD gearbox with a transfer case?

PS. I've found a 1JZ engine for really cheap, so tell me it will work so I can buy it before it goes.
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE101R to what... Thu, 06 October 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would be mad to see it done, hehe
wouldnt it be too heavy?
hey you prolly fit a holden V8 in ther you know, u could use a a strengthened rolla gearbox

Rolling Eyes
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE101R to what... Thu, 06 October 2005 12:06 Go to previous message
Quote:

People reckon i could fit a 2JZ engine in it(with a bit of work), surely i could fit a 2.5L 1JZ in it, it's only an extra .9L

Huh?? Laughing Laughing The is no way a 'J' series as a FWD unless you have it hanging out Past your Drive side wheel, which by the way won't be there! unless you widen the whole front end ie cut the whole lot off and start again! It will fit if you had the time , money and brains to convert it into a RWD, which would mean cutting and fitting a Transmission Tunnel, cutting and modifying the firewall, Fitting a rear diff and modifying Suspension, supsension points, etc More to the "yeah, can be made to fit" is the 2VZ-FE which is a "V6" and is a 2.5L from a camry... People reckon, but not many have "done" or "have a Clue!" Get a tape out and Measure a 1JZ or 2JZ, and do the maths!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze timing belt
Next Topic:jzx90 wiring diagram online
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:40:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060710906982422 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.