Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » My ISCV is confused (1ggte)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

My ISCV is confused (1ggte) Sun, 02 October 2005 02:01 Go to next message
I have been running this engine since last christmas and with very few hasssles (need a new clutch, turbos leak a little) but I have always run it with the ISCV unplugged. This hasn't really been a problem but I would like the idle to increase when the engine is cold to help warm up etc. So today I pulled the ISCV, it's nice and clean BTW, kept it hooked to power and stuck a rubber screw driver in the hole to block it up but allow me to control the air leak so to speak and the ISCV moves in and out as it is supposed to. The problem is it's confused, it seems to idle a little bit low and misjudges the starting.

The engine revs shoot up a bit just after the engine starts and then it stalls out or almost stalls (grumbles a bit but keeps running).

Is there anywhere I can adjust this or would a problem somewhere else cause this? Also is there anyway to adjust the idle on an ISCV enables engine as there is no idle screw on the throttle body (has a plug in the hole where I think it would go.
  Send a private message to this user    
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: My ISCV is confused (1ggte) Tue, 04 October 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guess no one can help me? A bit more info, if I leave it plugged in, turn the key on, unplug the ISCV, then start the car and put the ISCV plug back on again, it idles normally. If I start the car with it plugged on it idles too low and stalls alot.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: My ISCV is confused (1ggte) Wed, 05 October 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have to make sure the TPS is in IDL mode with the throttle plate shut.

Make sure the throttle plate is 100% closed to, and not gummed open a bit.

At idle, ALL the air goes through the controller (besides the little bit through the bypass screw)

And that cap on the bypass screw is removable.

Also, whats this about using a screw driver to 'control a leak' ?
If there are ANY leaks after the AFM, the idle will be fucked
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My ISCV is confused (1ggte) Wed, 05 October 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 09:03

Also, whats this about using a screw driver to 'control a leak' ?
If there are ANY leaks after the AFM, the idle will be fucked

He means jamming the rubber screwdriver in the ISCV hole to plug it up.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: My ISCV is confused (1ggte) Wed, 05 October 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Which means its getting unmetered air...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My ISCV is confused (1ggte) Wed, 05 October 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 09:19

Which means its getting unmetered air...

Depends how well it's jammed. Although dodgy, I imagine some rubber screwdrivers could seal a round hole no worries.

What will prove more of a problem though, is if he has the ISCV opening and it's still connected to the inlet pipe that will be leaking.
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: My ISCV is confused (1ggte) Wed, 05 October 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The screwdriver was purley for testing purposes, bonnet up, handbrake on Very Happy , I removed the motor part of the ISCV including the valve part of it and used a screw driver to block the hole it left and the moved it to leak in air to see if the ISCV moved in and out as it is supposed to and it does.

I have checked for leaks around the place and there doesn't seem to be any, I will check the throttle plate and re-check the TPS but i'm pretty sure it's ok. Maybe I just need to remove that cap and adjust the idle up a bit.

Thanks for the responses guys
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My ISCV is confused (1ggte) Wed, 05 October 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do u have battery wire connected on the ecu

if this isnt on the ecu looses all memory and maybe the isc valve memory is lost every time u restart the car
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: My ISCV is confused (1ggte) Wed, 05 October 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A little bit of a suprise resolution to this (for me anyway). The idle screw was screwed tight shut, had to use quite a bit of force to get it loose. The thing is when I bought the half cut it idled perfectly and I have never touched the idle screw, if it was fine then it should have been fine on install. So I guess someone who worked on the car felt the need to tighten it, so it's either the autoelec who fixed the alternator or the place that did the exhaust and the intercooler piping. That's the only other people except for me that has ever worked on it??

I dunno, at least it seems to idle fine. Now time to look at the squeeky clutch master (another thread)
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: My ISCV is confused (1ggte) Thu, 06 October 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't some of them have a spring in them? (the idle screw).. maybe that's on it's way out?

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: My ISCV is confused (1ggte) Thu, 06 October 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: My ISCV is confused (1ggte) Thu, 06 October 2005 03:31 Go to previous message
nah this was screwed down tight. And I think the spring helps stop it from loosening by keeping pressure on the threads.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ST185 Oxygen Sensors - 1 Wire or 4 Wire???
Next Topic:Need PCD and offset for a KE26
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 03:29:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056700706481934 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.