Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Sun, 08 May 2005 03:04 Go to next message
hi fellas, i have the fiber glass cast for duplicating ta22 bonnets and boots out of fiber glass, and was wondering if any one else would like a copy/s?

i am still in the process of sourcing out places that will make the copies at an affordable price. (If you know a place then please let me know).

i am doing this because this is the next step in my ta22 conversion, and would like to preserve the original bonnets and boots from damage

i would also like to source out other fiber glass panels/guards/bumpers casts/molds, if you know of any please let me know.

my contacts are:
mob: 0405 301 740
email: aoctavia@tpg.com.au

regards fonzy
another 70's celica enthusiast.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2005 04:12]

Send a private message to this user    
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass parts update 1 Sat, 28 May 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay i did some home work and found some prices of the following fibre glass parts:

bob tail spoiler: $250
wing: $300
front spoiler: $340
bonnet: $450
boot: $350
flares(set): $420
front and rear bar: $450 each
front guards left and right: 550 each

note: prices are hight because i need to make some of the mold/s to create these parts.

pics of parts will be up soon

regards fonzy.
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass parts update 1 Sat, 28 May 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12091
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12092
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12094

Attachment: ta22 blade style front spoiler3.jpg
(Size: 36.57KB, Downloaded 527 time(s))
Attachment: ta22 blade style front spoiler4.jpg
(Size: 23.51KB, Downloaded 521 time(s))
Attachment: rear wing.jpg
(Size: 42.67KB, Downloaded 522 time(s))

w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass bonnet and boot Sat, 28 May 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12095
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12096
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12097

Attachment: rear bob-tail spoiler.jpg
(Size: 55.68KB, Downloaded 515 time(s))
Attachment: front spoiler with vents.jpg
(Size: 40.95KB, Downloaded 514 time(s))
Attachment: flares 1.jpg
(Size: 19.67KB, Downloaded 507 time(s))

w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 1 Sat, 28 May 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you are looking for more fibre glass parts for these 70's style celica let me know and i will source it out for you. Also i will source out carbon fibre parts for anybody who is interested.

regards fonzy.
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 1 Tue, 31 May 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here are pics to what the bonnet and boot will look like.
these came with the mold when i purchased them, so the new batch of fibre glass accessories will look similar.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12173
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12174

Attachment: boot bottom view.jpg
(Size: 28.76KB, Downloaded 444 time(s))
Attachment: bonnet bottom view.jpg
(Size: 24.88KB, Downloaded 446 time(s))

w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 1 Tue, 31 May 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12175
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12176

Attachment: boot top view.jpg
(Size: 19.97KB, Downloaded 438 time(s))
Attachment: bonnet top view.jpg
(Size: 23.46KB, Downloaded 438 time(s))

w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 1 Tue, 31 May 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The bonnet and boot fits my 1975 celica TA22,

to install the bonnet and boot to you car, bonnet pins/locks or similar are needed.

The fibre glass bonnet is made for TA22.

The boot fits TA22, and will fit other models with the same shape boot.

As for the front guards, i will be using my celica's left and right guards as a template for the mold. I will also be using my celica's front and rear bumpers. They are in good condition. If you have any doubts i am glad to use other recomended parts as templates.

As for the spoiler it is not a GT. It sits a bit wide on the chin of my 22 so just beware of this. I will confirm on what model it fits snug to.

Before i forget, if you have or know of some one who has a GT front spoiler for TA22 and other 70's celica models, may i please borrow it to make fibre glass copies!!!

For TA23, RA23, RA25, RA28 and other 70's celica models that exist in OZ or else where, let me know if you would like similar parts fibre glassed, i am glad to do it for you.

i will post up the difference in weigh when i get the parts fibre glassed.

regards fonzy.
sxr01r
Regular

November 2003
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 1 Tue, 31 May 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what happens to the hinge mounts and the locking thingy to hold the boot down?
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 1 Tue, 31 May 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my application, i will not be using the original hold and release mechanism - latch, hinge and lock. They will all be removed. I will be using these(thanks to QIK3SGTE for the idea)
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12177
same with the boot. Other than that if you prefer the original method of engine bay and boot compartment access, modification to mount the original hold and release gear need to be made.

regards fonzy

Attachment: chpblack.jpg
(Size: 11.32KB, Downloaded 439 time(s))

Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 1 Thu, 02 June 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I'm keen to get a GT Front Spoiler replica. I know that Simon has one...don't know if he'll let anyone borrow it or not, but it's worth a try.

His site is:
http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/celica.htm

He's also in Perth, which kind of complicates things a bit...
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 1 Thu, 02 June 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that, it has given me hope that there are still around. i will try to contact him.

regards fonzy.
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 1 Fri, 17 June 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, fellas i have weighed the items using a bathroom scale so the figures will be basic.

- Each fender/guard (painted) 1.4 kg
- Bonnet (painted, no hinges, latch & flutes) 12.5 kg
- Boot (painted, no lock, hinges & torsin bars) 5.7 kg
- Front bumper bar (chrome not painted, no supports) 1.5 kg
- Rear bumper bar (chrome not painted, no supports) 1.8 kg

Feel free to correct me if you have the approximate weights.
As for the fibre glass items I only have:

- Bonnet (not painted, no hinges, latch & flutes) 5.5 kg
- Boot (not painted, no lock, hinges & torsin bars) 2.5 kg

I will try to get the rest this week end. I have been preparing the front fenders/guards for the molding process. update 3 will be soon.

regards Fonzy.
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Fri, 17 June 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bob tail spoiler: $250
wing: $300
front spoiler: $340
bonnet: $450
boot: $350
flares(set): $420
front and rear bar: $450 each
front guards left and right: 550 each

are these prices still the same?
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Sat, 18 June 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
so far I have a couple of people interested. No body has yet purchased these items because I'm still in the process of preparing the casts, making sure the items are up to scratch ie: no faults and are compatible with the right celica models. The prices will go down when people start purchase these items.

When the duplicates of these items are ready I will post up pics of what they look like. If you want to take a closer look, let me know and we'll work something out.

Regards Fonzy
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Sat, 18 June 2005 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interested in a front spoiler, but im not willing to sell a kidney to afford one Razz

Eldar.O.
schneidg
Occasional Poster

June 2002

Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Wed, 05 October 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any news on a GT front spoiler like Simon's?

If one like that becomes available, I'd be interested, depending on cost.

Gene

o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Wed, 05 October 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I weighed the other day 2 front bumpers and 1 rear, no supports, on an accurate scale, and they were about 11.5kg for the lot, no paint for the steel items. so i think your bumper weights could be a bit out. Other than that, lower your prices dude, the first person that comes along shouldnt suffer your mould costs. work out what the glass costs per item, then tak some on for the mould (about a 10th or less) and then tak a bit on for your time and effort. I got told $160 for a front spoiler the same as the one you showed in red for a 2 piece, or $140 for a single peice item. A RA23 bonnet with both vents, hinge mounting braces and clamping holder, also with a moulded scoop in any spot i wanted was going to set me back $600. That was all through the celica shop in brissy who are now closed, but i still have contact numbers for the people with the moulds.

Cheers, Owen
rosey
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Wed, 05 October 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate I'm with schneidg, Iam also after the GT front spoiler like Simon's. I have been trying to source one from the states but the best figure I have had to date is $650 or there abouts to get it to OZ shores.

Cheers Rosey
Confused Confused
vin91
Regular

August 2003
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Wed, 05 October 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Front Spoiler / Air Dam Can be got from CanberraCarstyling.com.au and Cost's $180 Plus Shipping To Darwin total was $220, And is The same as one in Picture up the Top. These are Unpainted. I am Not Affialiated with this Company Just Purchased one for My TA22.
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Wed, 05 October 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the front spoiler with air dam is not a GT spoiler. we do not want that one. I am interested in your fibre glass bonnet. But i also agree that your moulding costs are just that. They are your costs, not ours. if we get enough people to order these bonnets from you( say 10 orders) what price are you willing to come to? dont forget that we have to budget freight to various parts of australia.

This is the front spoiler that we all want

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15478

Attachment: 20_1_b.jpg
(Size: 24.22KB, Downloaded 170 time(s))

BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Wed, 05 October 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you also make a fully sik fully fibreglass kit like this one?

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15479

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15480

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Attachment: mini_32_311.jpg
(Size: 28.19KB, Downloaded 174 time(s))
Attachment: mini_66_3.jpg
(Size: 26.54KB, Downloaded 171 time(s))

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Wed, 05 October 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh mate dont bother with the front or rear spoilers as the front isnt the GT and a similar rear one can be found at any cheap chinese car place for 50 bucks,probably wouldnt even bother with the bumpers as most people like the chrome ones,Im interested in front guards as they nearly always rust but seeing that i can get brand spankers for 250 each the price is still a little high. The other main reason I wpould buy these parts is to save on weight,what are the comparisons between orig and fiber??

As for the GT front spoiler,I am in the process of getting one over from Japan so Ill be interested in getting some copies made up.

Ill get intouch when it gets here.

cheers

nath
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Thu, 06 October 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
i have the following items in fibre glass (thanks to Toymods and it's members)
- GT front spoiler
- GT rear spoiler
- front left and right fenders
- front and back bumpers
- bonnet and boot

all i need is the head light covers and my ta22 is complete.
im sorry for posting up expensive prices. Ignore them if you can get them cheaper. getting the bonnet, boot fenders, bumper bars engineered will be a challenge for sum.

As for 1 front and 1 rear bumper bar, i weighed my ones again and they havn't changed, still with no supports, screws and paint, they are straight out chrome, so i can't help you there.
both of mine put together aren't even close to 11kg.

And by the way, one thing about fibre glass is that they warp under heat.

regards fonzy
rosey
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Thu, 06 October 2005 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats good to here mate, so when are we getting the new price list as I really want the front GT Scoop.
Cheers rosey
Very Happy Very Happy
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Fri, 07 October 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be interested in a RA23 bonnet pending all the bracket mounting being available and a fair price. Wouldnt buy until i get a job, but that might be only in a couple of weeks, could be till early next year.

Cheers, Owen
rosey
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: ta22 fiber glass updated 2 Fri, 07 October 2005 01:18 Go to previous message
"And by the way, one thing about fibre glass is that they warp under heat."
regards fonzy[/quote]

What kind of heat are we talking about here 40oCelcius on a hot show day or what?

Razz Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: Bride Seat Rail, sidemount, suit R32/33, A31
Next Topic:test
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 12:05:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008307933807373 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.