Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Reversing two piece rims for more DISH

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
FullMetal
Regular

November 2004
Reversing two piece rims for more DISH Wed, 05 October 2005 07:02 Go to next message
I'm assuming reversing two piece wheels isn't safe as the rims are probably built for strength at it's proper offset etc but has anyone tried it or knows if it is ok to do? I've got a set of Volks mesh similar style to SSR mesh with nice dish and small +offset, but if I was to turn them around I'd get HUGE dish and small -offset. These are fit to an ae86.
  Send a private message to this user    
dayzii
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Reversing two piece rims for more DISH Wed, 05 October 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your biggest problem is gonna be offset. Hope you have a widebody.

Also If you have rims like my Rays theve got so many studs to undo its gonna be a sl*t to do but if you doit pls put up pics Wink
Hachi2Muchi
Regular

August 2005
Re: Reversing two piece rims for more DISH Wed, 05 October 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL... interesting
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Reversing two piece rims for more DISH Wed, 05 October 2005 13:25 Go to previous message
to do this properly, you'll need to take your wheels to a shop that deals in 3-piece rims. They'll be able to take the hoops off for you. at this point, you'll realise that for most rims the outer hoop is polished and the inner hoop is untreated alloy. then you need to decide if you want to pay to have your inner hoops polished, or just have them fit new outer hoops (~$50 each).
Then you'll need to look at your current clearance to guard, and if it's 1"+ then you can just get a 1" wider outer hoop, leave the inner hoop as it is, and fit wider tyres. If you don't have a lot of clearance, you'll also need the back of your centre machined down to increase your guard clearance (more $$$).
modifying 3-piece rims is typically not a cheap exercise - there's a reason why simmons recommend buying the correct offset rim in the first place, rather than buying a style you like then modifying Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Headers and Extractors
Next Topic:Will 15" rims fit over 330 discs on my AE86?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 03:54:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004209041595459 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.