Classifieds » Parts Wanted » gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Fri, 30 September 2005 02:21 Go to next message
hey guys im looking for a gearbox and a bellhousing to bolt up to a 3S-GTE that im converting to RWD.

any1 know what box and housing i can use??

Cheers
Matty
  Send a private message to this user    
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Fri, 30 September 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you can use a 3T-GTE bellhousing!

I had my samwich plate at a mates place when I was looking at fitting 6-speed box.
and he compared it to a FWD 3S-GE engine and said it looked like a match!

ive got a bellhousing/plate if you want to test this out yourself.

-DAvid
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Fri, 30 September 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive heard that the W55 box from the SA63 celicas fit without huge dramas... look into that.

Cheers, Owen
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Fri, 30 September 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for the replies, the only concern would be fitting in the starter motor wouldnt it?? being that the 3SGTE fits in from the gearbox side not the egine side if im not mistakin.
The engine i am using is the 165 GT4 engine if that makes a difference.

David i may take you up on the offer of checking it myself sometime in the near future.

Cheers
matty
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Fri, 30 September 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its the Group A water to air intercooler aswell if that makes.

Cheers
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Fri, 30 September 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mm yea.
and I think the dizzy location would want to be poking out into the firewall when its turned around like this..

-DAvid
KAYZEE
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Fri, 30 September 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Altezza box (IS200) 6 speed g/box, Check out the tech section on 3sge/gte rwd there is a good thread going.
Cheers.
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Fri, 30 September 2005 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nod nod.
seeing box fits my 3T, and my box fits 3S.
depends if got 1k for gearbox though..

-DAvid
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Fri, 30 September 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The dizzy fouling the firewall is a common problem, and the solution to this is to use an aftermarket ignition module which operates off a crank angle sensor and runs a 4 coil pack. Most aftermarket ECU's also do this, so you would only require the aftermarket ignition module if you were using the standard ECU, or a lower end aftermarket ECU.

Cheers, Owen

EDIT: also the position of the starter motor is dependant upon the gearbox, not the motor. Using one that is meant for the gearbox you are using is the simplest solution, just make sure that the ring gear on your flywheel is the same size/number of teeth that the starter motor is meant for.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2005 23:01]

Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Sat, 01 October 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as for the starter motor though, it cant go on the normal side because thats where the turbo and oil return lines are. Do you know if the six speed box has the starter motor on the drivers side rather than the passengers? im thinking if i can find a box with the starter on the drivers side i shouldnt have to many dramas.

As for the dizzy, that isnt the closest thing to the firewall, the water outlet will be, so i may either cut the firewall and weld a bulge in there or i may just allow the engine to sit that far forward to clear it, if that leaves enough room for the radiator.

Cheers
Matty
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Sat, 01 October 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have got a proper 3S rear drive bellhousing & back plate for W series alloy box. $150 + freight.
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Sat, 01 October 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 6speed box has the starter on the passenger side...
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Sun, 02 October 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All of this is explained in tech and conversions... do a search in there... in fact i think they have linx to the articles in the sticky posts. From what i have seen, ppl just make new rear water outlets to suit. As for the starter motor problem... sumone has found a solution... i think the SA63 box has it on the drivers side.

Cheers, Owen
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Wed, 05 October 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Altezza 6 speed box definitely has the starter on the intake side.

This gearbox never came in a turbo car, but is supposed to be very similar to the box that came in the turbo charged Nissan S15 200SX. So is probably fine for a mild turbo set up.

I have one for sale if you are interested with flywheel, clutch and throw out gear including slave cylinder, starter motor and shifter. Price is $1500 for the package + any shipping required.

PM me if you're interested in it.

Otherwise I have seen a SA63 bellhousing modified to place the starter on the inlet side, but I don't think it was a cheap exercise.
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Wed, 05 October 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
intake side, or exhaust side.
which side is the inlet on for the 3S? Smile

here are pics of the gearbox anyway.

http://www.ningenjanai.net/

-DAvid
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Wed, 05 October 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Setsuna, that's not an Altezza box to go on a 3SGE. I believe its an IS200 box to go behind a 1GG. Box is essentially the same, but the bellhousing is different

Starter motor is on the wrong side.

The Altezza starter and clutch lever is on the right side when you look from the back.

BTW SA63 starter is on the Left. I have a couple of these too if anyone wants one. One has a W57 attached.
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Wed, 05 October 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrmns.
welp I thought that the altezza WAS the IS200 Smiley =

-DAvid
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Re: gbox & bellhousing suit RWD 3S-GTE Thu, 06 October 2005 03:08 Go to previous message
Altezza is RS200 and has the Beams 3SGE

IS200 is essentially the same body but with a 1GG, six cylinder in it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae86 sprinter driver side door need.
Next Topic:ae86 parts takumi tax free
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 09:16:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063610076904297 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.