Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » JDM diff no calipers - Using AE92 rear Calipers now!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hachi2Muchi
Regular

August 2005
icon10.gif  JDM diff no calipers - Using AE92 rear Calipers now! Wed, 05 October 2005 14:42 Go to next message
Hello Smile

Ive got a JDM diff with no calipers. After months of searching for JDM ae86 calipers with no luck ive decided I have to use custom setup. In my research, Ive found a setup i like (cost effective) Using Corona st141 rear discs and calipers.

I dont know if its a problem but JDM ae86 calipers have handbrake acuators and the Corona calipers apparently don't(drum).Can it still be compatable?

Thanks in Advance
Jacob

*EDIT *EDIT *EDIT *EDIT *EDIT *EDIT *EDIT *EDIT *EDIT *EDIT
Aparently the ae92 corolla sx has the same running gear as the JDM ae86 so the rear calipers should fit. I got myself a pair and they look the part with emergency brake and correct mounting hole distance. HOWEVER you cannot fit the caliper between the mount and the disc becuase it has a longer screw hole.(so hard to explain)

What would it take to cut a caliper, the metel is heavy and seems real real hard Razz (sounds ridiculous without any pictures)

Ill post some pics soon

[Updated on: Sat, 15 October 2005 03:47]

Send a private message to this user    
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: JDM diff no calipers - Advice on Corona rear setup Wed, 05 October 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the problem you'll run into is the bolt pattern at the ends of the axle housings. The Corona (and T18, RA40, RA60 etc) has 4 bolts basically in a rectangular pattern. The JDM AE86 diffs (from what I have heard) have a wierd bolt pattern.

But the handbrake difference shouldn't be an issue, just connect up the correct handbrake cables and you're in business.

Hen
Hachi2Muchi
Regular

August 2005
Re: JDM diff no calipers - Advice on Corona rear setup Wed, 05 October 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well from what I can see, the lower 2 bolts are wider apart then the upper bolts (like a triangular shape). I can maybe redrill it if there is space on the Corona mounts. I gotta pop down to the wreckers tommorow and have a look.

Thanks for the big help Henn!

Very Happy
Hachi2Muchi
Regular

August 2005
Re: JDM diff no calipers - Advice on Corona rear setup Thu, 06 October 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok.... not as easy as I thought.

st141 discs are too deep and dont fit unless i remove the backing plate and mount. I need advice on how I can mount these calipers... Confused Confused Confused
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: JDM diff no calipers - Advice on Corona rear setup Thu, 06 October 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the backing plate and mount removable on the JDM rear? because it is on the corona.
Is what Henn says about the bolt pattern at the end of the housing being differennt to the normal aussie T-series?

But Ive done the corona setup onto a T-18 rear end, it isnt too hard, maybe you should sell your JDM housing and buy a T-18 one if it is too hard to adapt the Corona rears to the JDM housing.

Cheers
Shtock
parrot
Regular

July 2004
Re: JDM diff no calipers - Advice on Corona rear setup Fri, 07 October 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a pair on www.ebay.co.uk that ends in 6 hours. Search under AE86. Currently 15 pounds and 18 pounds (plus postage). Can recommend the seller.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JDM diff no calipers - Advice on Corona rear setup Sat, 08 October 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a set off an MA45 that should fit make an offer!
Hachi2Muchi
Regular

August 2005
Re: JDM diff no calipers - Advice on Corona rear setup Sun, 09 October 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrmms.... missed the calipers on ebay

damn
Hachi2Muchi
Regular

August 2005
Re: JDM diff no calipers - Using AE92 rear Calipers now! Sat, 15 October 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump

can you do that in tech?
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: JDM diff no calipers - Advice on Corona rear setup Sat, 15 October 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StockAE86 wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 08:39

Is the backing plate and mount removable on the JDM rear? because it is on the corona.
Is what Henn says about the bolt pattern at the end of the housing being differennt to the normal aussie T-series?

But Ive done the corona setup onto a T-18 rear end, it isnt too hard, maybe you should sell your JDM housing and buy a T-18 one if it is too hard to adapt the Corona rears to the JDM housing.

Cheers
Shtock

can you teach me how to do this? please? Very Happy
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: JDM diff no calipers - Using AE92 rear Calipers now! Sat, 15 October 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arn't the AE82 calipers similar?
Hachi2Muchi
Regular

August 2005
Re: JDM diff no calipers - Using AE92 rear Calipers now! Sun, 16 October 2005 04:38 Go to previous message
I managed to make them fit without custom mounts! I little bit of angle grinder here and there (again i need pictures to fully explain myself) I think the discs should fit (not sure as i have worn pads on the calipers), if they dont i assume it will only be a few milimetres(due to new pads). If thats the case I will just have the discs machined.

looking good at the moment!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Nevo pulley
Next Topic:exhaust noise
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 08:11:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072920322418213 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.