Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Sun, 02 October 2005 20:12 Go to next message
I dropped my phone into ... some water Rolling Eyes

and now it doesn't work properly.

I've heard some ppl say that it just needs to dry out but I've pulled it apart and hit it with a blow dryerand left it for a few days but still isn't working like a phone should,

Screen lights up when I put it on charge but nothing else happens.

My question is can I through it out yet and buy a new phone? or should I give it a few more days.

Send a private message to this user    
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Sun, 02 October 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what phone?

if its a nokia(candy bar) then unscrew it, take it all apart and wash all the conectors with isopropol alcohol. theres nothing else you can do really.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Sun, 02 October 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Their easy to unscrew, but if you applied power while it possibly still had some moisture in it, then i would say its fucked, go buy a new one.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Mon, 03 October 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No harm waiting for a few more days yeh? Missus dropped 2 of her phones into her algae infested fish pond (don't ask, she just did). Her Samsung ceased to work, but the motorolla I have her works fine still. Just let it have enough time to dry before turning it on.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Mon, 03 October 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tried changing the battery? As soon as the battery hit the water it would have expanded and died. Try another battery but if that doesn't work your screwed.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Mon, 03 October 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malicia wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 06:12

I dropped my phone into ... some water Rolling Eyes

LOL, you dropped it in the piss trough didnt you Laughing Laughing
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Mon, 03 October 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah its a nokia 7160, I think I might try the isopropol alcohol thing,

then try find a new battery.

It was fully submerged for 2-4 minutes while I tried to find a glove so I don't like my chances.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Mon, 03 October 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a 3210 that had been water logged i let it dry for some time and it seemed to work fine then i decided i would smash it when i was drunk and was talking to some guy i didnt like on the phone. Laughing

if you've got about 4months of time to wait then wait if not sell it off for cheap and get your self another.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Mon, 03 October 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate i just had this problem with my car immobiliser keychain thing. Except i went swimming for 30 minutes in the ocean with it. I could not start car, obviously, until i followed the steps below

You must:

Dismantle immediately
Get your ass over to Dick Smiths and get some circuit cleaner
Spray the cleaner over all circuitry
Using cotton wool sticks dipped in cleaner clean all nooks and crannies
Dry very thoroughly
Repeat cleaning process
Dry very thoroughly
Put it all back together
HOPE HOPE HOPE that it works afterwards I cannot guarentee

Also try another battery, a friends perhaps

Worked for me, although a mobile is a little more sophisticated internally than a immobiliser keychain. Good luck!
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Mon, 03 October 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I dropped my phone into ... some water

Malicia wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 15:40

It was fully submerged for 2-4 minutes while I tried to find a glove so I don't like my chances.

u proped it in the shitter didnt you.

if it where me i would fix it and sell it. or get a new one.
i wouldnt use a phone that was submerged in poo.
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Mon, 03 October 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My old mans went through the washing machine. He reported it stolen and got them to give him a new one.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Tue, 04 October 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AW11 no Jitsu wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 23:19

My old mans went through the washing machine. He reported it stolen and got them to give him a new one.

Lol left mine in the pocket of some shorts went thru the wash and died (even if it could survive the wash the spin cycle is a whole ne conundrum), sim card still worked though, just went back to using my old phone till i went on a plan.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2005 01:19]

Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Tue, 04 October 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AW11 no Jitsu wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 23:19

Or then again you could commit fraud and jack the price of insurance up for all of us honest people...
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus Wed, 05 October 2005 20:14 Go to previous message
Well I tried a brand new battery in it today and pfft nothing, so it looks like it is time to get an new phone.

I'm thinking Nokia 7710.
Anyone got one?

Anyone want to buy a NOkia 7610 for... parts Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:tree cutting
Next Topic:what era would you choose ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:43:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050878524780273 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar