Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

squeeky clutch master Wed, 05 October 2005 23:30 Go to next message
Has done it since new. When you push the clutch pedal in or let it out it squeeks and is really starting to get on my nerves. It's not the rubber dust cap so I assume it's the rubber seals inside. YOu think some rubber grease under the cap would help or do I have to pull the bloody thing out and grease them up?
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: squeeky clutch master Wed, 05 October 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If its the master cylinder and not your pedal pivot or spring, then yes, you will have to pull the m/c apart, but I have never heard of one of these actually squeeking before.....
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: squeeky clutch master Thu, 06 October 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for a 6' 4" guy it's a littel bit hard to pinpoint to source of the noise (not to mention very painful to get in there). I'll get in there with the WD40 tonight and see if it's the pivot/spring.
Gleno28
Regular

August 2004
Re: squeeky clutch master Thu, 06 October 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, i've had two RA28's and a 23 and all clutch masters squeek... Wierd, just kinda ignored it till now but it's got a bit worse lately, i'll have to see where mine is squeeking from
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: squeeky clutch master Thu, 06 October 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure it's not the slave cylinder squeaking?
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: squeeky clutch master Thu, 06 October 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i doubt it would be the slave, it would be hard to hear it all the way outside. it could be the cylinder or the linkage may be sqeaking from the force on it. mine has always sqeaked a bit. maybe some silicone grease on the dust cap if it was the culprit. i wouldnt put any foriegn substance actually in the cylinder though, it might stuff the seals.
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: squeeky clutch master Thu, 06 October 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SC's are pretty close to the firewall in RWD cars, it's easy to hear them squeaking, even in FWD cars it's easy to hear them. I only say it because it's common for SC's to squeak!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: squeeky clutch master Thu, 06 October 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've always only seen the pedal/pivot squeaking. Give the moving parts on the top of the pedal some WD40, and if it shuts up for a day or two, then there's your problem.
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: squeeky clutch master Thu, 06 October 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wd40 on the pivots didn't help any. And I had it in the garage this time and it does sound a little slave cylinderish. Need someone else to puch the pedal for me. If it is the SC, any recommendations on how to stop it?
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: squeeky clutch master Thu, 06 October 2005 09:58 Go to previous message
Check the condition of the boot on the SC, usually a bit of grease onto it or wd40 should help. Though wd40 won't last long, especially if the boot is in bad shape, water and moisture gets into them
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3sgte, where to run boost gauge piping from
Next Topic:Anyone got a 20v turbo?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:52:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056121349334717 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.