Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rockguru
Regular

April 2003
Ra23/28 Accelerator Problem Tue, 04 October 2005 11:37 Go to next message
After the nice panel beaters cut my accelerator cable in the rebuild, i am having a massive problem trying to source an accelerator cable and working out how it is to be hooked up. i have an 18RGU motor and the response that I get from Toyota is "that this engine didnt come with this car, so they can't help". Can anybody help me out with the type of accelerator cable, where exactly it goes? (Any pics would help greatly)
Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: Ra23/28 Accelerator Problem Tue, 04 October 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, don't quite understand the question? They cut the cable, fair enough, shouldn't the replacement go where the old one was removed?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ra23/28 Accelerator Problem Tue, 04 October 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeing the RA23/28 originally used linkages and not a cable, this means it probably is all quite custom.

A RA40 peddle with KE70 cable is a good starting point...
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: Ra23/28 Accelerator Problem Wed, 05 October 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ra40 comes with linkages as well, you have to cut the top off the peddle and use the top of a pedal that has a cable attachment
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ra23/28 Accelerator Problem Wed, 05 October 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm I was sure I got my peddle from a ra40.. Maybe RA60 then.. One of them uses a cable standard.
rockguru
Regular

April 2003
Re: Ra23/28 Accelerator Problem Wed, 05 October 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the response guys.
I would kinda like to keep my current pedals if i could. I didnt know whether you could buy a Genuine Toyota accelerator cable from the Ra28, and it would fit ??
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ra23/28 Accelerator Problem Wed, 05 October 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as I was aware the RA28 never came out with a cable.. Only linkages.

You'll find what was in your car, wasn't standard RA28 cable.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ra23/28 Accelerator Problem Wed, 05 October 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your pedal was already set up for a cable, then you shouldnt have to replace it. do you have the cut cable?
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Ra23/28 Accelerator Problem Wed, 05 October 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

RA60 have cable throttle cable from factory, this is probly what you had fitted.

go to the wreckers and snoop around - check out some toyota's.

if you dont mind having a really long cable (although perfect for a 1G Wink ) get a MX62 cressida cable and pedal. basically a bolt in fit for my RA40
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Ra23/28 Accelerator Problem Wed, 05 October 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get an RA60 pedal and cable from the wreckers, you should find that this cable is longer than your current cut one.
Take your cut cable and RA60 one to a cable/steel wire splicer and get your RA60 shortened to match your cut cable.
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Ra23/28 Accelerator Problem Thu, 06 October 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just goto supercheap and by a generic acc. cable. You cut them to size. I used them instead of the stupid linkages.
rockguru
Regular

April 2003
Re: Ra23/28 Accelerator Problem Thu, 06 October 2005 11:20 Go to previous message
Thanks for the replys. I think I will be ringing up Celicar Spares tomorrow. Does anybody have photos of the linkages or how the cable fits on the 18RGU ??
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:help me get power from a 3tgte
Next Topic:18rg turbo into sa63. anyone done it? need some help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:20:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062949657440186 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.