Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ta22 brake master cylinder, upgrade

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
ta22 brake master cylinder, upgrade Wed, 28 September 2005 08:08 Go to next message
does anyone know what options i have to up grade my ta22 master cylinder that will work on the original booster.

or what booster/master cyl will fit into the ta22 without too much modification?

cheers roadrunner

And what happenned to the tech articles?
  Send a private message to this user    
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: ta22 brake master cylinder, upgrade Wed, 28 September 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check the specs on an RA40 master cyl, i believe they are bigger, and have the same 2 bolt pattern to bolt to the booster.

Cheers, Owen
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: ta22 brake master cylinder, upgrade Thu, 29 September 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The RA40 dual circuit master cylinder does indeed bolt up to the TA-22 booster, but it places one of the outlets close into the strut tower so a straight pipe fitting will not fit. If you can live with a 25mm hole covered with a rubber plug in the strut tower this will give the room to bend the pipe around.

Or try a late model Camry 1 inch master cylinder.

Regards

Rodger
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ta22 brake master cylinder, upgrade Thu, 29 September 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or have the TA22 one rebored. A friend had this done; new pistons, seals, sleeves and even came back nickel plated for $150ish?? May be a little more than a new master, but may also be less hassle.

Hen
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ta22 brake master cylinder, upgrade Sat, 01 October 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST205 master cyl bolts up nicely Very Happy I will probably be selling one soon too Wink
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: ta22 brake master cylinder, upgrade Wed, 05 October 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indeed as Cool1 is saying an ST205 M/C does bolt up.

The late model Camry one is the same M/C as the ST205 but has different reservor arrangement.

I have the ST205 one on my "avatar" TA-22 and had to cut and shut the booster hose valve from straight to angled to clear the reservor. The job was a bastard as the plastic used is a waxy formula that does not glue.
I have not tried to look, but there may well be another valve out there the does the job.

The M/C works very well on my set-up.

Regards

Rodger
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ta22 brake master cylinder, upgrade Wed, 05 October 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The valve off the 205 booster works fine as its already angled Very Happy
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: ta22 brake master cylinder, upgrade Wed, 05 October 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Mitsubishi Starion master cylinder is a 2 bolt unit and bigger than a TA22 unit, something like 7/8" or 15/16". I don't know if you have to modify the brake lines to match the outlet holes however.
Just another option to consider.
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: ta22 brake master cylinder, upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 01:37 Go to previous message
R32 non abs comes out with a 15/16th master, is a 2 bolt arrangement, bolts up to a AE86 booster which ive heard is the same bolt hole spacing as TA22.
I think the bolt hole spacing is 80mm hole to hole from memory.
Has 2 front line and 1 rear line outputs all exiting on the passenger side of the master.

Hope that helps
Cheers
Shtock
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need PCD and offset for a KE26
Next Topic:HKS T3G turbo kit for 1J
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:06:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054430961608887 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar