Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1j180sx
Occasional Poster

June 2005
1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 04:37 Go to next message
hey guys,need some advice on injector sizing ond options,im hoping for around 500 flywheel hp or 330kwts.
first dilema is size some people say 550 injectors will be too small,but an injector bloke reckons if i bump up the fuel pressure they'll be fine and ill get better fuel economy through better atomization.
so what 550 squirters will drop straight in without paying sard price!
am i better of financially making up a new fuel rail myself and changing the impedence?
any ideas?
thanks for any advice
  Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
US Spec 2JZGTE Injectors will go straight in and can be had for about $500 Smile

and they are 550cc Smile
1j180sx
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh id read that but is the impedence the same and will they support the hp?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1j180sx wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 14:25

yeh id read that but is the impedence the same and will they support the hp?

its a sequential setup and the impedance is close enough i think Smile
1j180sx
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seqential injectors? i dont understand,is there a difference,will they get me power im after or not sure?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1j180sx wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 14:35

seqential injectors? i dont understand,is there a difference,will they get me power im after or not sure?

I belive they are a more efficient setup and thus they can handle more power?

Im not sure on this tho...wait for a tech head to get in here and comment
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ffs
don't open mouth unless what you're saying is correct.
2jz injectors either need aftermarket management or a resistor pack to make them work with a 1j

sequential injection has nothing to do with what injectors you put in.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 14:54

ffs
don't open mouth unless what you're saying is correct.
2jz injectors either need aftermarket management or a resistor pack to make them work with a 1j

sequential injection has nothing to do with what injectors you put in.

I was told by someone from this forum that they would drop right in without any electrical system modification...i was mis-informed

I know the sequential injection system doesnt affect the injectors but it allows the same size injectors to support more power, compared to non sequential injection (I didnt word it like that, thats my fault)

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2005 05:34]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 13:33

I was told by someone from this forum that they would drop right in without any electrical system modification...i was mis-informed

I know the sequential injection system doesnt affect the injectors but it allows the same size injectors to support more power, compared to non sequential injection (I didnt word it like that, thats my fault)

One of the 2JZGTE injectors is the right impedance, I don't know if it's Jap or US though, so you're half right.

On the contrary, I would've thought batch would've been able to support more power because it is pulsing multiple injectors at once instead of individual ones.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt batch vs sequential is going to make that much difference in power, unless you are chasing that last 5kW before maxing out the injectors.

But 550cc injectors will be good for well over 500 flywheel hp
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A set of 440's would be struggling around there.

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

On the contrary, I would've thought batch would've been able to support more power because it is pulsing multiple injectors at once instead of individual ones

I believe it has more to do with the fact that you are opening the injector for a longer period, and only half as often as with batched multipoint injection which has to fire every crank rotation. I assume its to do with wasting less of the cycle opening & closing the injector.

Most of the benefits of sequential injection are at lower RPM though, where the port-timed injection ensures better fuel atomisation and in turn increased fuel economy (less wasted fuel on the walls of the inlet manifold at low air velocities).

Maybe i'm just talking shite though Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2005 08:28]

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not go some 1s {single port injection} 560cc , 1.3 ohms
Maybe go oldschool v8 style , some rochester 17104988's 746cc , 2.0ohm , thats 149hp est per injector , maybe msd2015's 979cc Laughing bosch 0280 150 351's 735cc 0.7ohm ,
ford e43e-9f593-ac , 588cc 1.4ohms or dare i say it some aftermarket nissan units as there loads about second hand .
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have USDM 2jz 550’s in mine. They are 1.6ohm so low impedance. Cannot be run by stock ecu. Apparently they have used these injectors in upgraded fuel system (rail, lines, pressure, pump) and made 600rwhp on a US dyno. Less on oz dyno but still shitloads.

However, I would probably buy a top feed rail and run some rochesters.

I am going to up the fuel pressure a bit as I have reached 96% duty but I am running pretty rich 10.5:1 up top.

Also SICO1j only uses 440’s with 60psi base fuel pressure to make 540rwhp but I can’t understand how. It is getting pretty lean though, close to 13.7:1 or even 14:1 up top so I wouldn’t recommend it for long term. However 550’s and upped fuel pressure seems like a good idea to me.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The rochester spray pattern is far better than most stock injectors due to being a racing/performance injector . So also worth the extra cost , maybe not the $1g or so a set that the model used on the supercars atm are , but any gain costs.
1j180sx
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so sounds like 550 s will be big enough and ill be running after market ecu,so what else would fit in other than 2j jobies,rx7?
ill probly rip em out this weekend so i know what im lookin at
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IIRC rx7 are top feed. 1j uses side feed.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1j injector upgrade Thu, 06 October 2005 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have 2JZ 440cc injectors for sale. $350.
1j180sx
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 1j injector upgrade Sat, 08 October 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks but i need 550s min
slylux
Regular

January 2003
    nup
Re: 1j injector upgrade Sat, 08 October 2005 09:28 Go to previous message
us spec 2jz 550c are flowing 400rwhp atm in my car , with stock fuel rail , could up the pressure and get more .. my inj where at about 90%
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ca18det into ke20
Next Topic:wiring diagram for 4k with electirc dizzy needed urgently!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:21:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078990459442139 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.