Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Temp sensor wire colour & position in RA23 engine bay?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ajmor6
Regular

August 2005
Temp sensor wire colour & position in RA23 engine bay? Thu, 06 October 2005 01:58 Go to next message
I cant find the bloody thing!!!!

I've swaped a 3T for the 18RC and might have, most likely did, cut the wire. What colour is the wire that runs from the temp sensor to the dial and where can i find it in the engine bay. Can anyone check their ra23 for me and let me know? Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Temp sensor wire colour & position in RA23 engine bay? Thu, 06 October 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will check me ra28 in an hour when i get out to lunch.
ajmor6
Regular

August 2005
Re: Temp sensor wire colour & position in RA23 engine bay? Thu, 06 October 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how did you go?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Temp sensor wire colour & position in RA23 engine bay? Thu, 06 October 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From memory it is yellow, maybe with a green stripe.

I always get confused because the oil pressure is very similar.. But I think oil might be solid yellow and temp is with the green stripe..
ra40coupe
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Temp sensor wire colour & position in RA23 engine bay? Thu, 06 October 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this the same for a RA40? id love to find mine as well, till then i just got a 2 5/8 gauge.
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Temp sensor wire colour & position in RA23 engine bay? Thu, 06 October 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in an ra 40 from the guage at the instrumentation cluster it is a yellow wire with blue stripe and exits via the passenger side firewall to be found again in the loom next to the battery (i had to unravel the conduit to find it though)
hopefully the ra23 is similar.
good luck
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Temp sensor wire colour & position in RA23 engine bay? Thu, 06 October 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yellow with green stripe.

sorry took so long...only get 1/2 hour net time at work then it locks me out.

Checked the car and haynes manual at home here.
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Temp sensor wire colour & position in RA23 engine bay? Thu, 06 October 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...it is definately a blue stripe in the ra40 after grabbing a torch.
but i now agree it is a greenstripe in a 28 after cecking it on a mates just then (you will find it in the bottom left of the plug again coming out of the passenger side near the battery just inside where the front quater panel is)

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2005 11:05]

ajmor6
Regular

August 2005
Re: Temp sensor wire colour & position in RA23 engine bay? Fri, 07 October 2005 02:41 Go to previous message
awesome i found it - somehow its wrapped in the wire loom near the alternator connections. Definately a yellow with green stripe. Hooked it up last night and it moved!!! It hasn't moved for 12 months haha Laughing

Thanks heaps for your help guys! Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:do surbaru liberty wheels fit a 97 celica sx?
Next Topic:What To Do?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 02:07:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004633903503418 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.