Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rke_011
Regular

May 2004
help me get power from a 3tgte Thu, 06 October 2005 10:06 Go to next message
any people out there have any advice on how to get around the 150rwkw in a 3tgte? is it possible with a standard bottom end?

my car was dynod standard but with 3" ex and got around the 96rwkw mark, now i have added a s4 rx7 i/c and pod filter.

what would be the next upgrade, wouldnt know where to go next? straight to turbo or is there other things i should do? i have not bothered with dump pipe yet because im considering a new turbo..

dont tell me to read the other topics because i have but they havent really told me much other than what turbo is easiest to fit... its a daily driven import tt142 corona so it still needs to be reliable..

thanks
mat
  Send a private message to this user    
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: help me get power from a 3tgte Thu, 06 October 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know you have said standard but what turbo and intercooler are you using etc.were abouts are you?.from a 3t you can get it but your better throwing a set of good forged pistons at it and getting the rods treated etc etc.it all comes down to the saftey margin.
mick
p.s just saw your SA

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2005 10:36]

rke_011
Regular

May 2004
Re: help me get power from a 3tgte Thu, 06 October 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got stock turb ct20 at moment, if it means i gotta get forgies to get power i wont bother... its only a daily driver..

thanks
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: help me get power from a 3tgte Thu, 06 October 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can get the power but its a case of how long,one hiccup with fuel or timing and its all over.150kw is no big deal,but it all comes down to keeping it alive for as long as possable.if you use it as a daily drive and dont have the money to spend on it just keep it in the 90-120kw range.
mick
rke_011
Regular

May 2004
Re: help me get power from a 3tgte Thu, 06 October 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stock 3tg has 90 kw should be able to go a bit higher.
it had 96kw standard. so i was hoping i could go a bit more...

i may just risk a turbo upgrade
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: help me get power from a 3tgte Thu, 06 October 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes but you have 96kw at the wheels?im talking at the wheels.120kw at the wheels is a bit diffrent from 96kw at the fly.you do want it as a daily driver and they are an old engine now,well over 20 years.
mick
rke_011
Regular

May 2004
Re: help me get power from a 3tgte Thu, 06 October 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got 96rwkw on dyno standard, thats why i thought i could go a bit higher. i cant loose to commodores Sad
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: help me get power from a 3tgte Thu, 06 October 2005 11:30 Go to previous message
Maybe just put a bleed valve and run a few more PSI to waken it up Smile standard ECU and injectors are happy enough with 12psi. Make sure you have a good intercooler though before you do that.

Cheers
Joel
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:jzx90 wiring diagram online
Next Topic:Ra23/28 Accelerator Problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 22:48:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036189556121826 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.