Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Anyone using Halteck E6X with their 1J?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Anyone using Halteck E6X with their 1J? Fri, 07 October 2005 01:36 Go to next message
Im using this, and anything more than 13psi, the ignition starts to spit, the tuner rekons its the Haltech being too fast for the stock ignition, but wanted to see if anyone else is using the same ecu and having problems. Im hoping its just old coil packs.
  Send a private message to this user    
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anyone using Halteck E6X with their 1J? Fri, 07 October 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am.

I had to ditch the stock ignition module and use 2 haltech igniters when I increased my boost up to 15psi from stock. Your tuner is correct.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Anyone using Halteck E6X with their 1J? Fri, 07 October 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh sheit! Can I use the HKS DLI?
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anyone using Halteck E6X with their 1J? Fri, 07 October 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is that?

The haltech igniters arent overly expensive.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone using Halteck E6X with their 1J? Fri, 07 October 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, not sure of the exact details why, but the factory ignition module only runs very short coil charge time, which would hold you back once combustion pressures start climbing with more boost/power.

I gather that you have to run waste spark & multipoint injection with the limited outputs of the E6X??

Cheers
Phil
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anyone using Halteck E6X with their 1J? Fri, 07 October 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep waste spark and multipoint.

Obviously with the haltech you can increase the charge time up to about 2ms, whether or not the ignition module can comply with this is another story.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Anyone using Halteck E6X with their 1J? Fri, 07 October 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im confused!
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anyone using Halteck E6X with their 1J? Fri, 07 October 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are you confused about?

I guess all you really need to know is that at a certain power output or boost level your ignition will start breaking down if you are using the standard 1JZ ignition module with the Haltech E6X.
1j180sx
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Anyone using Halteck E6X with their 1J? Sat, 08 October 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey kofeeblack,are you using your e6x as stand alone or pigybak and is it in your lexus ? reason im asking is cos im lookin for an ecu for a ij thats going to run it smooth and run all the factory accsesories.any probs aside from your ignition?
thanks
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Anyone using Halteck E6X with their 1J? Tue, 11 October 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey 1J, no, its a piggy back, Lexus one is still there, but the IS200 has 6 ECU's too Razz

Thanks Skip, can I ask why you use 2 Haltech ignitors???
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anyone using Halteck E6X with their 1J? Wed, 19 October 2005 00:09 Go to previous message
Haltech make 3 different types, single, dual and triple channel. Because we have 6 coils we need 2 x 3 channel ignitiers for 6 coils. Go here for more info http://www.haltech.com.au/ignmodule.htm. ALternatively you could run 6 single channel or 3 2 channel Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Why do I have an RA60 diff in my sprinter??
Next Topic:4K Help, what are these?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 05:21:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055661201477051 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.