Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
IH8V8S
Newcomer

September 2005
MR2 AW11 specs Thu, 06 October 2005 12:03 Go to next message
hey guys just wondering if anybody knows the exact specs for an
88-89 factory supercharged mr2 aw11 and also 0-100km/h and 1/4 mile times.

thanks.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MR2 AW11 specs Thu, 06 October 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://mr2sc.com/websites/reading.htm
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: MR2 AW11 specs Thu, 06 October 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine times in at 0-100 in just on 6 sec with shitty tyres,
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Thu, 06 October 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
somewhere in the 15's for the 1/4 mile.

put on a 175mm pulley a decent flowing exhaust aftermarket computer and watch the times drop
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Thu, 06 October 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mines 0-100km in 6.5secs, but mine is not standard, stock they are about 7.1sec or something, and 1/4 mile, who gives a fuck about that, for on street you'll never use it, 110km is the national limit (except NT Very Happy ) over 120km anything can stomp you into the ground Razz .

IH8V8S
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Thu, 06 October 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so say for example you pulled up at the lights next to a stock silvia/180sx turbo 1.8 or 2.0 and something like a VN SS. would it beat any one of these.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Thu, 06 October 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stock no but with a 175mm pulley and decent exhaust it would beat them
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Thu, 06 October 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that depends entirly how good of a driver you or they are, the fastest car can have a shitist driver and get smashed all the time.

by rights it shouldn't beat anything at the lights, because you should not be illegally street raing Mad considering your on P's you really shouldn't even own a boosted car, and especially not be doing illegal acts Mad
IH8V8S
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Thu, 06 October 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 22:54

that depends entirly how good of a driver you or they are, the fastest car can have a shitist driver and get smashed all the time.

by rights it shouldn't beat anything at the lights, because you should not be illegally street raing Mad considering your on P's you really shouldn't even own a boosted car, and especially not be doing illegal acts Mad

are you a cop or something, why can't a P-plater own a boosted car?
my mate who's also a P-plater owns a twin turbo 300zx so what's wrong with that?
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Thu, 06 October 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to 1987 Car & Driver test.
0-100 or(60mph) = 6.5 sec
Quarter Mile = 15.0 sec

In stock form it would be very competitive with the cars you listed but really this is not what driving an AW11 is about, Wink the car is an experience to drive that cannot be defined by quarter miles or 0-100.

Link below...

http://mr2sc.com/websites/articles/c&d.htm
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Thu, 06 October 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IH8V8S wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 21:16

wiso wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 22:54

are you a cop or something, why can't a P-plater own a boosted car?
my mate who's also a P-plater owns a twin turbo 300zx so what's wrong with that?

turbo cars have a tendancy to hit immovable, inanimate objects harder.

not to mention they also hit other peoples cars and other people harder.

they do have a tendancy to do these things, obviously if it happened to every turbo car, none would exist.

Eldar.O.
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Fri, 07 October 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IH8V8S wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 01:47

so say for example you pulled up at the lights next to a stock silvia/180sx turbo 1.8 or 2.0 and something like a VN SS. would it beat any one of these.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Probably to the speed limit... yes, it would be faster. BUT as WISO says, if this is why you want an AW11, you're missing the point. They are about balance and handling, first and foremost.

If you are interested in these things, buy the car, get along to the track (one with corners that is...) and have fun.

If you want to go street racing, I'd suggest the MR2 isn't for you.
Smile Smile Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Fri, 07 October 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IH8V8S wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 23:16

are you a cop or something,

no not a cop, just a person who is getting fed the fuck up with all these hot shit young drivers who think they are soo damn good, especially the ones who really can't drive if their fucking life depended on it, and can't obey any road rules Mad I used to think I was a fair good but I still had a respect for everything else on the road, and never did stupid shit unless I was sure it was safe. Guess I have just grown up abit in the last 2 years.

Instance just today a P-plater pulled out of a t-intersection to beat the traffic, he was a tosser trying to have fun, he kept jerking the wheel trying to get the SS to kick out, it must have shifted gears and kicked slightly, but he over countersteered it flicked back and slammed the bridge wall, because he was trying to beat the oncoming traffice we all had to swerve to miss this dickhead... daddy would be pissed he smashed his car Laughing

End rant... Mad

IH8V8S wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 23:16

why can't a P-plater own a boosted car?

aren't there all these new laws coming in to stop P-platers having High powered cars???
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Fri, 07 October 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superaw11 wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 23:27

According to 1987 Car & Driver test.
0-100 or(60mph) = 6.5 sec
Quarter Mile = 15.0 sec

In stock form it would be very competitive with the cars you listed but really this is not what driving an AW11 is about, Wink the car is an experience to drive that cannot be defined by quarter miles or 0-100.

Link below...

http://mr2sc.com/websites/articles/c&d.htm

neil, 0-100km isn't 6.5 sec, thats what 0-60mph is, 60 mph isn't exactly 100km, its actually 96km, so the moral is 0-100km about 7sec, that 4km extra can make some differance
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Fri, 07 October 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso chill dude Wink

ive done pleanty of stupid things while driving in my time. i think back and say to myself was i really that stupid. the answer is yes most of the time b/c i had no fear and no idea of how dangerous it could be. After a few years of driving under my belt i really wish my parents had sent me to an advanced driver course i think it would have tought me a few realities about driving. Ive had to learn them the hard way instead.

as for tools driving commonwhores feel comfortable in the knowledge that aw11 drivers arent like that Very Happy
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Fri, 07 October 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 14:16

wiso chill dude Wink

ive done pleanty of stupid things while driving in my time. i think back and say to myself was i really that stupid. the answer is yes most of the time b/c i had no fear and no idea of how dangerous it could be. After a few years of driving under my belt i really wish my parents had sent me to an advanced driver course i think it would have tought me a few realities about driving. Ive had to learn them the hard way instead.

as for tools driving commonwhores feel comfortable in the knowledge that aw11 drivers arent like that Very Happy

Totally agree Wink
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Fri, 07 October 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the street racing thing, does this happen to the rest of you?

Sitting at the lights, minding you own business, fiddling with the stereo or whatever. The lights go green and the d1ckhead in the Camry/Hyundai etc next to you takes off with a huge flurry of wheelspin and obviously seems to think that the've beaten you?

No warning, no indication that they even noticed your car, certainly no sign they were interested in racing.

I find it very strange/amusing...
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Fri, 07 October 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i find it ammusing Laughing Laughing Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: MR2 AW11 specs Fri, 07 October 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i usually find it only happens when im in the na or something that isnt a quick as the charger.
no one ever seems to try and race me when im in the charger... except the unmarked copper. i didnt take that on.

although i did manage to beat a guy in the work van, i can vouch that a fully loaded mazda e1800 is faster then a loaded (i assume) kia diesel van.
ahhh IT -v- plumber races Razz
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Fri, 07 October 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 15:51

i usually find it only happens when im in the na or something that isnt a quick as the charger.
no one ever seems to try and race me when im in the charger... except the unmarked copper. i didnt take that on.

although i did manage to beat a guy in the work van, i can vouch that a fully loaded mazda e1800 is faster then a loaded (i assume) kia diesel van.
ahhh IT -v- plumber races Razz

that would have been gold to see Laughing

proboably don't race you in the charger cause it has supercharger written down the side, thwey think... fuck

Oh I am chilled, I am just not a fan of street racing these days as I was caught in the worst of it oneday, some dude tried to drag me off, I didn't take it but when he hit it his car stepped right out and he couldn't get it back, he span meteres in front of me. if I had have taken it, his rear would have side swipped me Mad . dickheads

I have learnt plenty of lessons, but most i learn on a closed circuit track like wakefield where its totally safe
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: MR2 AW11 specs Fri, 07 October 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually my car hasnt got any badging supercharger or otherwise.

the onyl badge is the eagle at the front Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: MR2 AW11 specs Sat, 08 October 2005 15:53 Go to previous message
i'm a really big fan of the AW11 MR2. I reckon it handles better and has more balance than the SW20. But it's just my opinion and how i handle the car.

I believe the supercharged version of the MR2 would beat the WRX around a track (probably with a few good corners because everyone knows the WRX is good at launch and acceleration).

As for how fast it goes, i've had one for a very short while NA one though, and i've managed 6.3 seconds 0-100 and 15 flat quartermile. It had a bigport motor, some induction and ignition work (possibly a better ignition system, CAI), and was completely stock otherwise, with stock wheels and street tyres, and a good suspension system . I think it was Koni or something along those lines. and a heavy duty clutch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RA65/22RE fuel economy
Next Topic:1jzgte ceffy on j spec
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:57:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005993127822876 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.