Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Wolf3d Map (and injector info) 1ggte & 1ggze

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Perth - Someone who knows sync and reference with WOLF 3d? Fri, 07 October 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
injector bank set to 0?????????????

im over all this shit

u have a problem that is impossible to fix by sending fukin messages to and fro

in the end u might as well take it to a speciallist

even a speciallist will have these sort of problems unless they have done afew wolf ecus

u should not have to spin dizzy in a drill

low speed should tell u all u need

but sounds like u might have other probs in the wiring

but anyway its yr prob now

unless u understand this shit its difficult to fix

in theory if it was wired correctly u should get some spark or injection even just by spinnin dizzy by hand

get this working first then u can procced to doin the dizzy timing and such

by the time u figure this shit out by using the fukin forums
u will be too old to drive the car

Send a private message to this user    
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Perth - Someone who knows sync and reference with WOLF 3d? Fri, 07 October 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha

had a bad day at work?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Perth - Someone who knows sync and reference with WOLF 3d? Fri, 07 October 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sideshow, like myself, is probably annoyed with people assuming that he'll just solve their problems without any fuss nor any cost.

Things like this problem take a lot of time, effort, understanding, research and above all patience.

If you are failing in any of those - pray you have experience, else you will fail.

I've only been wasting my time with this thread because it's something that has intrigued me for a while and i've always wondered WHY Wolf3D ecu's have problems with Toyota reluctor signals..
.. because as a friend of mine puts it, "You can wire up the reluctor with fencing wire on a toyota ecu and it'll work 100%"
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Perth - Someone who knows sync and reference with WOLF 3d? Fri, 07 October 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I apologise if you feel like you are wasting your time, but i too am learning just want to be able to do this kind of shit myself, i leared to spray the car, do all the work on it myself, apaulster interior, rebuild engines, and fuck around with dual carbies and get it right, now i want to learn how to do the ecu, and i am learning the more i read so you are not wasting your time...
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Perth - Someone who knows sync and reference with WOLF 3d? Fri, 07 October 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 00:18

*IMAGE*

yes im lazy and flipped the image... but that IS the waveform output you get wiring acording to the connections wolf gave you.

iwas actualy interested in seeing the waveform but dosnt matter
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Perth - Someone who knows sync and reference with WOLF 3d? Fri, 07 October 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys, i was just informed of something that might help us figure this out, on the laptop it gives the signal (sync) error count. And i get 1 every single sync pulse, anyone know what this means? none of the manuals cover it!
Steve
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Perth - Someone who knows sync and reference with WOLF 3d? Fri, 07 October 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alan - the waveform is literally the inverse of what originally posted, hence the flipped image IS accurate Smile

Note: i only spun the dissy by hand, so it's not an accurate measure of the output in a real world vehicle situation by any means! One day i'll go measure the output in the celica, so you can at least see the amplitude and period of the pulse.
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Perth - Someone who knows sync and reference with WOLF 3d? Fri, 07 October 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, just went and checked it again, get 1 sync error count every single sync pulse, im guessing this is a wiring thing, or something with the input filters? Anyone had this problem before?
The CAS is in the engine again, all the plugs are out and im turning it over as per usual
Steve
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Perth - Someone who knows sync and reference with WOLF 3d? Fri, 07 October 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember I had a whole lot of issues with the Wolf... but it worked eventually. I WOULD have a look at it, but 3500km is a bit far just for a beer Razz I also had issues with polarity, but because I didn't have a CRO handy at the time, had to use guesswork. The thing was, with the polarity incorrect, it would still run the engine untill about 4000rpm, then once the trigger point on the wave came to a certain point, it was enough to throw the sync pulse right off kilter, which meant it acted just like a rev limiter at 4000. The software settings are nowhere near as clear as they are on a Motec, which really sucks! It took me a couple of days of part time fiddling to get the Wolf working, whereas I only had to set the CAS to the right position and the Motec worked straight up. I've also had a Haltech, ableit with a hall effect sensor, which also was dead easy to set up.
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Perth - Someone who knows sync and reference with WOLF 3d? Fri, 07 October 2005 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But has anyone got any ideas on what i can do to stop the sync pulse errors? I have the sync tooth as close to the pickup as humanly possible, and it make the light on the ecu flash correctly, but the laptop reads a sync pulse error every time the sync tooth passes the pickup, is this wiring? a combination of wiring and config? any ideas on starting point?
pilot
Occasional Poster

August 2003

Re: Perth - Someone who knows sync and reference with WOLF 3d? Fri, 07 October 2005 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a Wolf 3D V4 plus but havent used it yet. I am going to use it in my 18R-G but it isnt ready yet.

Having read the manuals several times and mailed Steve from AEM even more times, I can say that I am pretty sure that your problem is logical/software. Did you try to ask him by email? he was more than useful with my enquiries.
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Perth - Someone who knows sync and reference with WOLF 3d? Sat, 08 October 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did some more fiddleing today, and i find that it appears only injector numbered as 0 in the firing order, will fire, where as the ones i number 1 and 2, will not, the ignition doesnt appear to fire at all. The lights dont flash, tho if i jab the ignition the lights on the wolf 3d for ignition come on sometimes here and there, this leads me further to belive that the signal error is my number one problem, but i checked all the wiring and the clearance on the magnets from the teeth in the CAS and it all seems ok, what else could it be?
Steve
pilot
Occasional Poster

August 2003

Re: Wolf3d Continuous "signal error count" Cant get spark or injection Sat, 08 October 2005 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will have to get an oscilloscope to be sure.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Wolf3d Continuous "signal error count" Cant get spark or injection Sun, 09 October 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need Mr Velleman Smile
gemtoy
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Wolf3d Continuous "signal error count" Cant get spark or injection Sun, 09 October 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I Have just setup a a new wolf 3D on a Holden 4 Cyl engine. It has 60-2 teeth(58) with a magnetic sensor. You will need to make sure that the trigger signal you send the ecu goes Negative first As shown in the other post of the osciliscope picture. We had the signal reversed and we had a lot of problems triggering the coils. We also bought the reluctor interface which plugs straight in (don't be a tight ass buy the original unit). Take the offer if someone has a scope and is offering to check the signal for you.
Also got the the web site from wolf and download all the dealer techs and read them they have some good info especially on the trigger signal(I think dealer tech 6 or 7)
If you need more help let me know
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Wolf3d Continuous "signal error count" Cant get spark or injection Sun, 09 October 2005 14:16 Go to previous message
haha, indeed was looking at them on ebay Razz lol
Anyone near me wanna lend me one?
dammit...
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sprinter interior light cover
Next Topic:AUTO ELECTRICAL IN [SA] REGION
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 23:04:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054969787597656 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.