Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » SOLD - Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pclabrat
Regular

November 2003
SOLD - Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane Thu, 06 October 2005 01:27 Go to next message
With the missus having bought a new car and an interstate expedition looming it's time to rationalise the fleet and sell the old celica.

1977 Ra23
18rg DOHC 2litre (88270 head) twin solex carbs
pacemaker extractors 2 1/4 exhaust
5 speed manual
lowered King springs - pedders front shocks, monroe rear
good black interior: no holes in dashpad, front seats retrimmed in vinyl and velour (tiny tear in drivers seat)
14" mags with reasonable tyres
electric fuel pump
Panasonic CD & 6x9's
Tint.
some rust in usual places, treated with rust converter

New front brake pads
New idler arm (ball joints and tie-rods also done about a year ago)
New radiator/heater hoses etc.
Coolant flushed and replaced with Toyota Red a year or two ago plus eagle 1 additive to lubricate (especially that stupid heater tap which only gets used twice a year in Qld).
Windscreen replaced
New rubbers where the two side windows join.

Reasonably good fuel economy; after some trial and error and tuning i've always used optimax with approx 500kms per tank (mix of city/highway driving). Regular maintenance with oil changes every 5-10,000kms using good oil. I have owned this car for 3 or 4 years and it's been a reliable and trusty daily driver.

- SOLD

Older photo without the mags, i'll post some new ones in the next few days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/pclabrat/celica%20for%20sale/rear.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2005 21:50]

Send a private message to this user    
curls
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane Thu, 06 October 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice looking rig how much rego does it have. and what does it need for rwc.
goldfish
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane Thu, 06 October 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude shot gun it this is mine im takin it home wif me
ill give ya $2500
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane Thu, 06 October 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mark hows things

hehehehe

a few Vultures around here..........lolz

how about $2500.50 Smile
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane Thu, 06 October 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pclabrat wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 11:27

- asking around $2200 ono.

you guys are hard bargainers,lol
pclabrat
Regular

November 2003
Re: Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane Fri, 07 October 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 00:54

pclabrat wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 11:27

- asking around $2200 ono.

you guys are hard bargainers,lol

hehe, thought I'd logged into ebay for a moment there!

Curls - Rego is until april next year. As regards for a RWC it will depend on how fussy the mechanic is. Everything works and mechanically the car is in good order... maybe some hoses to dummy up the polution gear, but other than that there isn't anything that comes to mind. The car came with a rwc and rego when I originally bought it years ago and mechanically it has only improved. I've been pulled over once or twice and never had any problems, if that's anything to go by.

Inspection is welcome for anyone who is genuinely interested, drop me a PM or give me a call. I'm on the northside.

Cheers, Mark.
curls
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane Fri, 07 October 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good mate how far away from the coast r u any chance of meeting half way i can supply a rwc if the car is as good as u say it is.
pclabrat
Regular

November 2003
Re: Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane Fri, 07 October 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The coast is a bit of a hike for me as I live about 20 mins north of the gateway and at the moment I don't really have the time to make the drive. Goldfish is coming to have a look on the weekend but it's not sold until a deposit is paid on it. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.
pclabrat
Regular

November 2003
Re: Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane Sat, 08 October 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm's answered and some new photos ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/pclabrat/celica%20for%20sale/front.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/pclabrat/celica%20for%20sale/inside.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/pclabrat/celica%20for%20sale/engine.jpg
LiL_CaTie
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane Sat, 08 October 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

shit thats a nice ra23, my boyfriend has a bright orange one. that interior is in the nicest condition
hurricane
Regular

August 2005
Re: Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane Sat, 08 October 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has it been resprayed before, got any close ups of the rust?

one other thing if it is a RA why does it have LT badges on the grilles, or is that what they come with Wink

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 23:15]

pclabrat
Regular

November 2003
Re: Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane Tue, 11 October 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the comments and enquiries guys (and girls). No one is yet to come forth with money so it is still for sale. Lonely little car is just sitting up the side of the house waiting to bring enjoyment to somebody...

Overall I reckon the paint is pretty good, there are the usual stone chips and shopping trolley dings you get with everyday use but it is still neat. With regard to rust there are two reasons I haven't patched it up to sell it. Firstly I don't have the time, and secondly, I would rather the buyer know exactly whats there rather than hiding it. In detail: there are some bubbles around the rear wheel arches on both sides, drivers side door has a coin size area in the corner and a few bubbles across the bottom, and on passenger side the outer sill under the rear corner of the door is doing its thing. Hence why i'm asking around $2k and not $3k or $4k for this car. All in all it would be an easy repair and for a small amount of work you'd have a really neat car.

..or you can just do as I've done and leave it for now - it is still respectable and solid and always gets looks and comments. If you like the first gen celica's you will like this car. If I was in different circumstances I would be keeping it.

So if you have the funds and are genuinely interested in buying - PM me to COME AND HAVE A LOOK!

Cheers.

/end rant and bump for today...
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: Ra23 Twin Cam (18RG) - Brisbane Wed, 12 October 2005 04:38 Go to previous message
hurricane wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 08:40

one other thing if it is a RA why does it have LT badges on the grilles, or is that what they come with Wink

dude if you're interested in buying this car, you might want to learn about celicas a bit more...
its an RA23 because of its shape and engine
but also an LT because of the type of RA23 it is, kinda the cheapest and most comon one you can buy, it goes LT<<<ST<<<GTV<<<GT.
Kinda like how a VX (RA23) Commodore (Celica) might have Berliner(LT) badges on it.
Free bump. Ace
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: 1991 onward soarer for around $10,000 ((wanting to buy in 3 monts or so))
Next Topic:FS: CE Lancer GLi Coupe 1997
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 09:42:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063440799713135 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.