AuthorTopic
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
709hp 2l impreza Fri, 07 October 2005 11:54 Go to next message
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/driven/59744/rcms_imp reza_wrx_sti.html

not bad from a GT30!!

Ps, link being gay. so ill just copy paste.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_42/car_portal_pic_21363.jpg
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_42/car_portal_pic_21364.jpg
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_42/car_portal_pic_21365.jpg

RCMS Impreza WRX STi

It develops 709bhp before you even turn on the nitrous...

Firstly, ignore the rally-esque livery: this is a road legal, 2-litre STi Impreza, like you'd buy from your local dealer. Actually, that's not entirely true, because what you're looking at here is pure, unrestricted WRC-bred Impreza technology - built by arguably the best in the beef-it-up business, Roger Clark Motorsport (RCMS).

This very car recently set a new world record for a manual transmission Impreza, running a ballistic 9.84sec standing quarter mile at 143mph. It boasts one of the most powerful 2-litre engines ever built - developing 709bhp @ 7500rpm, and 620lb ft. And there's an additional 150bhp hit of nitrous oxide, helping the car pump out over 800bhp at full chat.

But this car isn't solely about an incredible engine. Exposing its rally roots, RCMS does this tuning package as a bare shell rebuild. In goes a roll cage, Kevlar seats, a trick MoTeC LCD data display, Momo steering wheel, nitrous oxide system and braided brake and fuel lines. The standard suspension is replaced by special-stage-derived Ohlins coil-overs with remote dampers, while custom AP Racing brakes nestle behind OZ Racing lightweight alloys.

Then the fun starts under the bonnet. The bottom end gets a forged steel crank, elongated conrods and custom pistons; the heads are ported and polished, and WRC titanium valvegear is installed, along with four meaty cams. The whole fuelling system is changed, with a custom fuel cell feeding twin pumps into a fancy eight-injector set-up. The inlet manifold is straight off an Impreza WRC, with short (lag-free) hard pipes running to an enormous front mount intercooler, with water spray.

The car's Garrett GT3040 turbo features cutting- edge ball-bearing technology and is mounted on a bespoke 'twisted' exhaust manifold, with external wastegate and a custom de-catted exhaust system. All this turbo technology is managed via MoTeC electronics, with mapping done in-house.

To cope with the gargantuan outputs, the transmission is totally overhauled with a Modena six-speed 'dog' box with straight-cut gears, high-grade clutch, lightweight flywheel, carbonfibre propshaft, plated LSD and electronic diff control.

Fire up the RCMS Impreza and you're greeted with a glorious flat-four rumble. Blip the throttle and the revs rise and fall rapidly, smoothly, deafeningly. Drop the (surprisingly light but rattly) clutch and engage first gear with a clunk of the whining dog box and you're ready for the off. Or at least you thought you were...

Flooring the throttle results in a bonkers blur of fast-forward action and your body is left to fight crushing g-forces. As your brain adjusts to the onslaught of thrust you find yourself instinctively banging through the ratios in the superbly direct, ultra-aggressive gearbox. And with each new gear you're hit with a monster slug of boost that has all four tyres chirruping.

Trying to describe this car's phenomenal pace is pretty pointless; it's one of those 'you'll never believe it until you've tried it' experiences and there's nothing to compare it with. You could put it up against even the very fastest supercars, and it would annihilate them... And yet with the exception of the (essential) compromise of the dog box, it's as happy to be driven slowly as the standard STi.

World record-breaking 9.0sec quarters, 200+mph V-max, 0-60 in 2.5sec... and yet still road legal, smooth and driveable. I don't know what's more insane... the mad machine's outrageous ability, its exclusivity, the money/time you'd have to invest to have it, or the fact it's even allowed.

Send a private message to this user    
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 709hp 2l impreza Fri, 07 October 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poopa
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 709hp 2l impreza Fri, 07 October 2005 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha sorry not even close to the most powerful 2 lite built. the bda's in the sierra's along time ago where making 750hp in quailying trim.thats over 15 years ago or there abouts.there are loads of others.709 is still healthy power but old hat now days.
im i wrong or have rexy's become like corolla's now?there everywere.
mick
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 709hp 2l impreza Fri, 07 October 2005 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you mean the new silvia Smile
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: 709hp 2l impreza Fri, 07 October 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1 month, 100km warranty.
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: 709hp 2l impreza Mon, 10 October 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's till nice, and damn impressive though Smile
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: 709hp 2l impreza Tue, 11 October 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would deffinetly be sumfin intresting to drive Razz ahahah
i dunno bout u, but i still dun get over the sound that a wrx delivers... lovin it Smile
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 709hp 2l impreza Tue, 11 October 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokey228 wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 12:29

that would deffinetly be sumfin intresting to drive Razz ahahah
i dunno bout u, but i still dun get over the sound that a wrx delivers... lovin it Smile

hehe im the opposite Laughing I reckon it sounds too deep sounds like its tryign to be a v8. Im more of a fan of the jet sounding engines like the 1JZ that sound mad when revvin out. But each to there own opinion Smile
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: 709hp 2l impreza Tue, 11 October 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, i got nuffin against the v8 sounds. so i geuss that makes all the differce Razz

my mates got a vt ss, is a shit box as one problem after the other. but does sound very nice...

my mates got a vl wif a striaght through exhaust, i mean. no mufflers no cats nuffin. jus literally straight through. and hes got a high flowed turbo, and wen he hits boost, from behind the car, it actauly sounds like a jet picking up... very awesome...
gotta be one of the nicest notes i heard from an exhasut Razz
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: 709hp 2l impreza Thu, 13 October 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They sound like volkswagens Razz

They used them first in cars so therefore that is a legitemate statement Very Happy
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: 709hp 2l impreza Thu, 13 October 2005 12:20 Go to previous message
I love the sound of the boxer. Hot.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Lakeside Raceway update- heritage listing dropped, fate of track rests with local council
Next Topic:GT4 st185 gearbox
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:24:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049610137939453 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.