Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cj_sullivan
Regular

April 2005
4agze into ae86 Fri, 07 October 2005 12:14 Go to next message
Hi there , i am wondering if the people who have done a 4agze conversion into ae86 sprinter , could help me out ,
i have a stock standard ae86 , and i want to do a 4agze conversion , just want to no what is exactly involved and what extra parts do i need 2 purchase , and a pricing would be appreciated ,
Thanks Corie
  Send a private message to this user    
mr2gze
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 4agze into ae86 Fri, 07 October 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.toymods.org.au/tech.html

goto 'engine conversion', theres a few articles there to help you. good luck
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4agze into ae86 Fri, 07 October 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pricing depends so much on what u can do yourself, and what parts you upgrade along the way, clutch, intercooler, etc etc
heres a link to a conversion a friend of mine did to his girlfriends car. Read up, and ull have a much better idea of what your in for.

http://www.driftpimp.com/gzeconv.htm
LeZZa
Regular

September 2004
Re: 4agze into ae86 Fri, 07 October 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got my engine/loom/ECU package for $1500. I did the whole conversion myself bar the exhaust and intercooler setup (which i got at a steal for $150 s/h) and it ended up costing me another $3000. That sounds like alot, and to be honest i'm at a loss to say where all that money went- there were quite a few little mods that needed to be done to get it all going properly.

The part that caused me most problems was the alternator bracket. The original is mounted too low and hits the sway bar on the Sprinter. I went to bunnings and got some metal which i then got welded up at a fabricators, then made up a top bracket/arm from odd parts i had lying around. This really isn't ideal as it's hard to get enough tension and isn't lined up perfectly. Have a look at Sam Q's very sturdy looking bracket in his buildup thread.
Cj_sullivan
Regular

April 2005
Re: 4agze into ae86 Sat, 08 October 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i am playing to drop the motor in myself and then getting a workshop to do the rest , just want to know wat additional parts are needed ,
Thanks Corie
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 4agze into ae86 Sat, 08 October 2005 00:56 Go to previous message
Look here?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:aftermarket lights
Next Topic:ESC light coming on question of whats the problem