Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4agte oil return - Anyone used this? (PIC)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
icon5.gif  4agte oil return - Anyone used this? (PIC) Fri, 07 October 2005 04:35 Go to next message
Has anyone tried using either of the 2 points circled for their turbo oil return?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/4agtetrueno/07-10-05_1052.jpg

I figured that I could find an attachment to screw in rather than having to drill/weld a return into the sump.

Can anyone see any problems with this?
I'm using a highmount turbo manifold btw so height shouldnt be a problem...
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4agte oil return - Anyone used this? (PIC) Fri, 07 October 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The oil return needs to be below the turbo as it uses gravity thats the only problem i can see if your turbo is mounted low
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte oil return - Anyone used this? (PIC) Fri, 07 October 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also you'd probably find those spots are actually oil galeries, so they will be under pressure from the oil pump..
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
Re: 4agte oil return - Anyone used this? (PIC) Fri, 07 October 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 14:51

Also you'd probably find those spots are actually oil galeries, so they will be under pressure from the oil pump..

Yeah thats what I was worried about...
But if thats the case then why hasn't anyone used them for an oil feed rather than T'ing into the oil pressure sender?
Can anyone confirm that these are definately under pressure?

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2005 05:15]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 4agte oil return - Anyone used this? (PIC) Fri, 07 October 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neither are any good,the one on the right near the oil filter is water gallery bleed.you will have to weld on on the top of the sump.test fit the manifold and turbo to give you the best place to put the drain in the sump.
mick
mr2gze
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 4agte oil return - Anyone used this? (PIC) Fri, 07 October 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The plug you've circled next to the oil pressure sensor go's into the coolant gallery aswell, to drain it.

edit - too slow Confused , as kingmick said.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2005 05:24]

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4agte oil return - Anyone used this? (PIC) Fri, 07 October 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And I *think* the plug on the left with the female hex houses the relief spring/valve for the oil pump. Correct me if i'm wrong though Cool
adavy84
Regular

February 2003

Re: 4agte oil return - Anyone used this? (PIC) Fri, 07 October 2005 12:45 Go to previous message
Hey Jeremy just do what i did (and most others) T it off from the oil pressure sender. And yes the one on the right is for water. And make a hole in the sump for the return... Just make sure the adaptor is welded up good Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:gx81 digi dash fuel sender...soarer?
Next Topic:My KE70T
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:32:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005418062210083 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.