Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1ggte - major hesitation under acceleration...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
1ggte - major hesitation under acceleration... Sun, 07 September 2003 10:11 Go to next message
Okay, I've got a slight problem with my 1ggte at the moment... when I'm changing down gears 4th, 3rd then 2nd and start accelerating again the engine hesitates. It's almost like it's cutting out or is being supplied to much air and slightly flooding. Crying or Very Sad

Has anyone experienced anything like this, does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

Any ideas / suggestions greatly appreciated...

Cheers Kirk
  Send a private message to this user    
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1ggte - major hesitation under acceleration... Sun, 07 September 2003 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So nobody has experienced anything like this?
Ok going to change a few minor things out and see if any of changes fix this problem.

Cheers Kirk
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1ggte - major hesitation under acceleration... Mon, 08 September 2003 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does it do it just coming out of corners of in a straight as well? it could be fuel surge or maybe something in the fuel line blocking it.

Can you give us some more info on when/how it is happening?
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1ggte - major hesitation under acceleration... Mon, 08 September 2003 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More info... ok here we go...

The engine hesistates on both straights and corners when accelerating hard from deceleration. The car is running a surge tank (aprox 2ltr) and two pumps... main EFI pump is a bosch vl pump and the one supplying the surge tank is a holly red.

Thanks Kirk
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1ggte - major hesitation under acceleration... Mon, 08 September 2003 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did this happen since you put the VL pump in?

I remember Les having problems recently when he stuck a VL pump in...
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1ggte - major hesitation under acceleration... Mon, 08 September 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope the VL pump and the holly red have been there since day one... which was about 800k's ago Sad
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1ggte - major hesitation under acceleration... Mon, 08 September 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the ignition cutting or is it something else? does your alternator lights come on? Could be a loose plug or earth.

Do the idle revs drop when you put your foot on the brake?, could be your booster.

Does it only do it when it is cold??
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1ggte - major hesitation under acceleration... Mon, 08 September 2003 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the leads Gold 28, I'll check those things asap.
At the moment it doesn't matter if the engine is hot or cold.

Cheers Kirk
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1ggte - major hesitation under acceleration... Mon, 08 September 2003 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could also be in the AFM and/or throttle position sensor (TPS)? AFM might not be opening quickly enough, or too quickly? (don't know much about them - will use MAP on my engine)

maybe TPS is not responding smoothly (older variable-R TPS can get worn/corroded spots on resistive track so the response from closed to WOT is not smooth changes in resistance) or maybe the WOT switch is not triggering so the ECU doesn't know to stuff the engine full of petrol.

or the fuel pressure regulator is flakey (seeing as this seems to happen after high vacuum

or is fuel pressure (in general) OK (can you measure while running/driving)?

Charles.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 1ggte - major hesitation under acceleration... Mon, 08 September 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a similar prob with my 4age. i know there completley different motors but ill tell you my delimer.

Any form of acceleration motor was hesitating like a bitch, until 4400rpm when the tvis opened. (More air was added)

Turned out to be the dizzy was 2 teeth out, preventing the mechanic from setting the timing right, plus i had a small vacuamm leak on the inlet manifold, butthe main problem was that the throttle position sensor was also a degrees out.

I bet if you check these few things, all might be well.

If not try Grant from Sixworks, he's on Toymods, do a search

Let me know how you go
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1ggte - major hesitation under acceleration... Mon, 08 September 2003 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your advice guys and I think you might be right with the tps.

When we first ran the engine it was constantly stalling so we changed the tps slightly and it all ran fine until now.

I would of thought it wouldv'e caused this problem earlier (if it is the problem)?

What is the correct angle for the tps anyway?

Will try and correct it and see if it is the problem.

Cheers Kirk
Airbrushguy
Occasional Poster

June 2005

Re: 1ggte - major hesitation under acceleration... Fri, 07 October 2005 15:43 Go to previous message
This is speaking from experience with a similar problem I had that I took every where to try to fix, 1G-GTE it would cut out and cut out hard at about 4000rpm. Then not run right unless I turned it off and start the eng again, like it was in limp home mode. I finaly fixed it my self after countless mechanics looked at it, I was fitting my Tacho and while looking for a sender wire to link into from the Coil, still the stock one, unscrewed the coil off its mount found corrosion there. Cleaned it off, fitted the tacho to the Diagnostic plug in the end, this fixed the problem. Yours might be a slight version of this but not enough for the computer to put it out off wack like mine did. It may only be doing it like this after backng off because it may be slightly loose to and it pivots into a pos where the earth is not quite right.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE55 Front Discs+Caliper Onto KE30
Next Topic:Intercooler piping question?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 21:08:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051898956298828 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.