Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Fri, 07 October 2005 09:29 Go to next message
http://press.nissan-global.com/TOKYO_MOTOR_SHOW_2005/COMMON/IMAGES/SHOW_CAR/GTR_PROTO/LOW/gtr_proto_01.jpg

http://press.nissan-global.com/TOKYO_MOTOR_SHOW_2005/COMMON/IMAGES/SHOW_CAR/GTR_PROTO/LOW/gtr_proto_02.jpg

its set for release at the next tokyo motor show:

http://press.nissan-global.com/TOKYO_MOTOR_SHOW_20 05/JP/index.html

·Ultimate driving pleasure
·Exterior design close to final
·Official launch set for 2007

At the 35th Tokyo Motor Show in 2001, Nissan unveiled the GT-R Concept, confirming that the GT-R legend would be continued into the 21st century. Then, at the 37th Tokyo Motor Show in 2003, Nissan announced the next-generation GT-R would be rolled out in 2007. Now with the launch of the production model just two years away, the development of the new GT-R has moved ahead again with the reveal of the GT-R PROTO.

Ultimate driving pleasure
In essence, driving pleasure means that a car responds faithfully to the driver's wishes and performs precisely as expected. Successive generations of the GT-R have consistently pursued this vision of ultimate driving pleasure. Whether on the road or the racetrack, the GT-R has always represented ultimate performance combined with handling qualities that stay faithful to the driver’s wishes, in all conditions. As a result, the GT-R has built a reputation that extends far beyond just its loyal owner base.

Exterior design: pure performance
The design of the GT-R PROTO expresses pure GT-R heritage, coming from the first model PGC10 (1969) through R34 (1999), in a new and expressive form.
From its original roots as a pure-bred Japanese performance car, the new GT-R will now be a car sold globally, recognizing its ability to compete with the very best in the world. For the first time in its history, the new GT-R will be designed as a specific body style, and not derived from a sedan.
The design language of the GT-R PROTO is expressed by a distinctive body-style that communicates pure performance and functionality. The form of the GT-R PROTO instantly expresses its purpose and potential, but in a way that is unique to this iconic car.
At the front end, the single center air intake is designed to optimize airflow and to strongly link the identity of the GT-R from R34 to GT-R Concept (2001). Front fenders are uniquely designed through intensive analysis of the airflow around the tires, and the air vent behind the front fender also optimizes aerodynamics. The sides of the body are sculptured towards the rear fender, expressing the power and dynamic tension of the car.
The overall shape of the body combines solid and smooth surfaces to achieve the look of a well-trained athlete. The unique c-pillar crease is designed for optimum aerodynamics, reflecting the racing DNA of the GT-R.
The rear of the GT-R PROTO is strong and well defined. The signature four ring-shaped tail lamps provide an immediate visual link to previous GT-R models. Four large-bore exhaust pipes complete the purposeful look, which could only be that of a pure GT-R.
The GT-R PROTO provides for the first time a clear indication of the final design direction for the production model to be launched in 2007, the first all-new GT-R in eight years.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2005 09:34]

Send a private message to this user    
CelicasuprA
Regular

May 2005
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Fri, 07 October 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hot!

i want one!
I wonder how u get in the car though Laughing

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2005 11:53]

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Fri, 07 October 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah fuck this just shits me! Toyota better be secretly designing the next generation supra.

They should relize the car is in icon that has a loyal following! they have the money, the engineering know how, and the capabilty to produce a kick arse car. If they don't then they better at least come out with a worthy performanced car of some sort, and not release it under the lexus name! keep that for the uber expensive luxury cars.

*on me 16th boags draught can, so may be talking crap, won't know til tommorow*
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Fri, 07 October 2005 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed, waht the fuck has toyota been doing in the performance department! fukin seriously! what the hell were they thinking with the last celica and mr2!

that looks fuking hot as, more like a ferrari than a nissan
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Fri, 07 October 2005 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like ass i rekon.

Toyota better release the new supra soon, or im going to japan just to slap someone from toyota.

The GT-R is meant to be a Fat and Low car, making its presence felt with the rb26dett blood coursing through it.

this is just some new design crotch rocket that looks like a delorean.

i hate this car, but then again, i like toyotas, so meh.

toyota better not follow nissans lead and make a drivable performance asshole.

Eldar.O.
TougeVitz
Regular

July 2005
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Fri, 07 October 2005 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, looks a bit funky...but nice in a futuristic sense...

i hope toyota are going Sony style with the (hopefully) supra...
wait till the competition has come out, then come in on top...
kinda like the PS2 Vs X-Box...
either way...they better bring in the damn Supra!

but back on topic...wat engine this new GTR running?
is japan going to NA power? or they gonna "evolve" the RB turbo or something?
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Fri, 07 October 2005 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might have trouble building it to that picture, looks more like an escher then anything else. It has negative perspective.

But seriously I don't like it. Just looks weird. They should just make the 350z go faster instead. Smile
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Fri, 07 October 2005 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like it a lot! Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Fri, 07 October 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i saw similar ones to these in a japanese tuning magazine about 6 months ago they seem to be pointing towards a 3.2ltr v6 twin turbo too.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Fri, 07 October 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, new supra is (supposedly) in the works.

R35 GTR, mkV supra and the next RX-7 all due for release at 2007 tokyo motor show
scottie_dont
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Sat, 08 October 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but the new supra's arnt gonna look as nice, theres been some concept pics flashed around in the mags
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Sat, 08 October 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All of which are bogus. Don't expect a new Supra to look anything like the photochop daydreams in those magazines.
scottie_dont
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Sun, 09 October 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think it was a photochop thing it looked like an actual concept drawing then again i could be wrong.
mind you the photochop ones might have looked better this supra looked like a retarded bentley. ill try and find a pic to post here
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Mon, 10 October 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll believe it when they build it and confirm that it's going into production.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Mon, 10 October 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actualy think that looks pretty cool. Obviously it's gonna change a bit between that and what finaly goes into production (For starters, it'll have some sort of get-into-the-car mechanism). It's better than the 350Z anyways.

As for the New Supra, we shal see. Toyota kinda abandoned it's sports car range. Aren't the discontinuing the Celica and MR2 lines? I hear that romour go around a while back. If they do make a new Supra, a new inline 6 engine would be awesome, but I imagine, following the trend of gheyness, they'll probably give it some kind of 1MZ-FTE crapness and make it cost eleventy billion dollars.

EDIT: Actualy, looking at it a bit longer, that front 'grille' (if you can call it that) and the way the bonnet curves is arse ugly. The headlights are kinda funky, but they'll probably end up looking crap in the final version (just like the current Skyline's headlights). I still like the tail end of it though, and the way the front guards allow for a big opening at the back of the wheels looks pretty cool.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2005 03:59]

high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Mon, 10 October 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 08:55

R35 GTR, mkV supra and the next RX-7 all due for release at 2007 tokyo motor show

didn't mazda ditch the rx-7 name when they brought out the rx-8?

I saw in some mag that toyota has abandoned the celica, mr2 and supra. The new sportscar will probably have some unaffordable v10 engine to try and match European sportscars...
catch
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Mon, 10 October 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
high_card_ace wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 14:08

draven wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 08:55

didn't mazda ditch the rx-7 name when they brought out the rx-8?

I saw in some mag that toyota has abandoned the celica, mr2 and supra. The new sportscar will probably have some unaffordable v10 engine to try and match European sportscars...
catch

Naw. The RX8 is their N/A attempt. The RX7 is making a comeback, turbo styles (or so I hear).
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Mon, 10 October 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mazda wont be releasing a new sports car for a while because the rx8 is already selling well and they just released a new mx5.
They do have a new concept vehicle called the senku but odds are it'll never see the light of day on an assembly line. http://rotarynews.com/ here for more info.

Wasnt toyota making taht uber badarse car that looks like its from the supra line but going to be released under a lexus guise?

Also the gtr has been around much longer than the r32, the entire skyline range has gone through many changes in appearance and i'm sure when this thing hits the track it'll change you perception of it
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 11 October 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's been confirmed that the RX-7 won't be turbo nor triple rotor.

Apparently it's gonna be a 1.6L Renesis.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 11 October 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno, I'd have it. Where can i buy it? Sign me up... Looks horn.

Then again, I'm thinking of getting a jza80 supra over a new beemr....
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Wed, 12 October 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1.6L?
maybe the n/a rotor will finally have a teensy bit or torque.
that's going to be 2 big-arse rotors
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Wed, 12 October 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
N/A AGAIN!?!!! NOOOOO!!!!
Why are they doing this to me?!

They should make the RX7 a 2.2ltr tripple rotor sequential twin turbo! WOOHOOO!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Wed, 12 October 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 16:45

They should make the RX7 a 2.2ltr tripple rotor sequential twin turbo! WOOHOOO!

Cos that'd be great in the current climate for petrol prices glug glug glug.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Thu, 13 October 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They should make a matress with wheels and knitted seat belts.
Boso_Elvis
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Thu, 13 October 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops, edited.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 06:41]

Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TougeVitz wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 03:17

hmm, looks a bit funky...but nice in a futuristic sense...

i hope toyota are going Sony style with the (hopefully) supra...
wait till the competition has come out, then come in on top...
kinda like the PS2 Vs X-Box...
either way...they better bring in the damn Supra!

but back on topic...wat engine this new GTR running?
is japan going to NA power? or they gonna "evolve" the RB turbo or something?

i know how much credit we all give rumours, but rumour has it that one option is having it powered by a v8 with twin turbos.
ages ago the rumour was a N/A v8, but more recently turbos have been added. i think they should try out a v12. just for a laugh.

renault own nissan now and the european thing to do with stupid-fast race cars for the street is to put v12's in them. or more with the times, they could put a quad-turbo w16 like the bugatti. That would be very interesting.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Rumour I heard was that it'd be a F1 style V10 engine...

Eh, Rumours..
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love how NA is coming back

mmmmm NA rotors, can anyone say 'RE Amemiya FD JGTC' car?

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Based on the euro standard emissions coming in i very much doubt it will be a twin turbo V8.

Once again is the trend that hard to spot?

JZ series, RB series, SR series motor have all been stopped and the turbo motors have been replaced by high power N/A motors.

Nissan 350Z, Mazda RX-8 and Toyota SC430 soarer are a few good examples. All evolutions of turbo cars.

Don't be surprised if the skyline and supra are N/A. V8 would be nice but they may stay true to the heritage and stick with big power I6 motors.

Hell id like to see the majority of the commonwhore range pass emssions.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't mind if a new Supra came out at 1400kg, with a BMW matching I6 with around 200kw. Very Happy

Or perhaps a V10. Heh heh.
I actualy like N/A soo I'm not to fussed.
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.gtrproto.com

woot
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehendrikd wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 11:05

http://www.gtrproto.com

woot

Shocked
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nissan dosent have a Formula 1 Team

Formula 1 is moving to V8 next year so it would make no sense for it to be styled on a F1 v10

The main reason there were rumours that there would be a twin turbo v8 is that there were roumurs that they might try to pitch the GTR at the american market this may well still be the case if they were to make an american model but i doubt it.

If they can get big pushrod v8's to pass us emissions im sure they could get a modern quad cam twin turbo v8 motor to pass.

The reality is that it will most likley be a 3.2ltr v6 twin turbo or a v6 of some size but still twin turbo.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 11:14

If they can get big pushrod v8's to pass us emissions...

When the new euro standards come into effect here the pushrod patrol will be getting a shock.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so euro standards currently apply to britan i would assume then. B/C they sell 350chev manaros there and it dosent seem to affect them
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPY SHOTS OF THE REAL THING!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphoto id/6051014.001
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forget the pictures

Quote:

This GT-R will be exported globally and that includes US (under Infiniti brand) and Australia. Look for a price tag around $80,000 USD.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 10:49

Don't be surprised if the skyline and supra are N/A. V8 would be nice but they may stay true to the heritage and stick with big power I6 motors.

Hell id like to see the majority of the commonwhore range pass emssions.

The new skyline at first was rumoured to be powered by a V8, but pretty sure its getting a turbo version of the VG35DE motor out of the 350Z.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 10:45

can anyone say 'RE Amemiya FD JGTC' car?

Can anyone say "RE Amemiya FD JGTC" three times, fast? Laughing

But yes, long live the NA Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 13:57

The new skyline at first was rumoured to be powered by a V8, but pretty sure its getting a turbo version of the VG35DE motor out of the 350Z.

Actually when i was in japan alot of the magazines had pretty in depth articles about the engine a driveterrain expected to appear in the r35 gtr and they were quoting a 3.2ltr v6 twin turbo
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 14:31

Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 13:57

Actually when i was in japan alot of the magazines had pretty in depth articles about the engine a driveterrain expected to appear in the r35 gtr and they were quoting a 3.2ltr v6 twin turbo

Was the engine series quoted, ie is it an all new engine or destroked VG35DE then twin turbo'd/stroked VG30DETT
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Tue, 18 October 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 13:42

SPY SHOTS OF THE REAL THING!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphoto id/6051014.001

If youd read the article youll know that its a masked infiniti body. IE. thats something car manufacturers do so leaks dont have the real exterior look Wink

By tonight that gtrproto site should have the reallife proto pics up.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THIS time i got the real pics:
http://e.ausgamers.com/car/gtr/ds-gtr-proto-official-005.jpg
http://e.ausgamers.com/car/gtr/ds-gtr-proto-official-002.jpg
http://e.ausgamers.com/car/gtr/ds-gtr-proto-official-003.jpg
http://e.ausgamers.com/car/gtr/ds-gtr-proto-official-004.jpg
http://e.ausgamers.com/car/gtr/ds-gtr-proto-official-006.jpg
http://e.ausgamers.com/car/gtr/ds-gtr-proto-official-007.jpg
i think some of them might have been superimposed onto a race track, so they look dodgy.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Less than 2 hours to go fellahs!!!

http://gtrproto.com/
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it wont be based on the old 300zx vg30dett motor

and it wouldnt just be a destroked vg35 motor but more than likley a vg series alloy block with upgraded pistons/crank/inlet manifold/rods etc etc
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Wed, 19 October 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 14:45

Less than 2 hours to go fellahs!!!

http://gtrproto.com/

What a farken let down. Sad
No videos, no specs of any kind. Just photos. Sad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Wed, 19 October 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Front and side profile looks a lot better than the rear, tailights seem to be inset quite a fair way.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Wed, 19 October 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 17:01

Front and side profile looks a lot better than the rear, tailights seem to be inset quite a fair way.

Yeah the back looks a bit odd. I think add a bit of a bumper bar and it'd look better. Don't mind the tail lights like that myself.

P.S. The line of the back of the roof is to slanty. Needs to be a bit more boxy IMHO. Also, the rear breaks need some kinda vent cut into the rear flairs to match the front vents.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 07:21]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: R35 GTR latest / last prototype pics. Wed, 19 October 2005 08:09 Go to previous message
i read that mazda wanted to return to an older style of modelling and make the new RX7 weigh around 1000kg (like other older model mazda sports cars!) and it will have a 1.5L twin rotor
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Twin Solex carbs need tuning (SYD)
Next Topic:4agze timing belt
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:35:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099239349365234 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.