Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
i searched first Sat, 08 October 2005 02:27 Go to next message
i searched for the answer first and didnt come up with what i wanted cause i didnt know how to word it. If building a n/a 4age that i want to hit about the 200hp at the *edit* fly wheel. is it possible to use the 4agze bottom end to have it stronger?

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 04:56]

Send a private message to this user    
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: i searched first Sat, 08 October 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if youre going for 250hp from a 1.6.. i dont think any of your bottom end is going to be stock..

make sure you buy a 12000rpm tacho too.

or buy an ex group a 4age, they push around the 250hp mark... at 12k rpm or something...

you got lots of money my friend...

no wonde ryou didnt find anythign in your search results.. may as well searched for strapping rockets on the roof Smile
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
Re: i searched first Sat, 08 October 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt say 250hp i said around about 200hp. bill sherwoods site has one at 200hp but doesnt mention anything about using the 4agze bottom end
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: i searched first Sat, 08 October 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think what he's trying to say Wink is that to get that power, you have to have high rpm.. and to have high rpm, you need to do quite a lot of weight reduction internally etc..

remember the formula atlantic motors make around 240hp.. and they are limited to?? 10,000 or 11,000rpm...

i think 200hp at flywheel is realistic, but 200hp at the wheels is not so realistic unless you want to just order an atlantic motor...
have a look at Bills 4AGE page, kinda gives you an idea of what things are required for each stage...

Cya, Stewart
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
Re: i searched first Sat, 08 October 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks stewart, thats what i was talking about. i didnt mean 200hp at the wheels, i worded it wrong. i meant 200hp at the fly transferred to the rear wheels. i will edit my top post
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: i searched first Sat, 08 October 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In terms of using a ZE bottom end, essentially with this bottom end, you will have the same bottom end as a 100kW 4AGE as the crank and rods are shared between the engines.

The pistons however will be of no use to you in a High power N/A engine as the compressiom ratio is to low from factory.

So your best bet is to go for a 100kw block, crank and maybe rods... then source yourself some aftermarket high compression forged pistons to suit.

The biggest problem with such a high power N/A 4AGE is oil supply.

Perhaps a larger capacity oil sump with extra baffling, "tear dropping" the oil galleries in the crank....just to start with. All these things will aid you in reliabilty.

From there you will have to have some big cams and head work..

Hope some of this helps, there is plenty more but i have to leave work now so..

Jeremy

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: i searched first Sat, 08 October 2005 08:43 Go to previous message
do a 7age and make life easyer to get the power.
mick
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wiring diagram for 4k with electirc dizzy needed urgently!!
Next Topic:Viper Car Alarms & Car Alarm Installers - Adelaide
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 01:38:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004410982131958 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.