Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Supra brake on Sprinter?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Supra brake on Sprinter? Fri, 07 February 2003 00:44 Go to next message
I've been told that a early 80s' model supra(non-powersteering model) brake can bolt on to a AE86 by using its brake bracket and control arm. plus need to adjust steering rob.
Anyone done this?
  Send a private message to this user    
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Fri, 07 February 2003 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celica / supra

Brake Upgrade
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Fri, 07 February 2003 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmm, I put xa6x struts and lower arms into my ae86 a fair while ago, they're still there with different discs and 4 pot calipers
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Fri, 07 February 2003 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but isn't that if I go the MX62 strut, I can't use the shocks I have now. and I think it's harder to get shocks for that strut.
any idea if I can still retain the current strut?
Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 February 2003 13:03]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Sat, 08 February 2003 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant see why you cant use the current shocks...the strutts are fairly close in length and if you have to you can always use some small spacers...as far as i am a ware shocks are widely available for MX62's
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Sun, 09 February 2003 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im nearly finished my hilux 4 spot brake upgrade on my sprinter, like the one for celica just to suite sprinter and if anyone is interested i could prob write up a tech article as i believe there are a few things that need to be explained in regards to customising the upgrade for sprinters. and its not too hard im only 18 Smile
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Fri, 14 February 2003 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi
Please do so!a article with pics and model numbers will be great!
How much the conversion cost u?
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Fri, 14 February 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y
so the MX62 strut is the same diameter as the sprinter ones?

[Updated on: Fri, 14 February 2003 11:14]

rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Fri, 14 February 2003 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pepsicola wrote on Fri, 14 February 2003 22:09

EVOSTi
Please do so!a article with pics and model numbers will be great!

I'll back that up. Want to learn more so bring it on.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Fri, 14 February 2003 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

so the MX62 strut is the same diameter as the sprinter ones?

Yep should be....been a long time since I put the verniers around one though
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Sat, 15 February 2003 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surprised
can I also use my original springs too?? Rolling Eyes
I think I will go with the MX62 option. consider it'll be the cheapest one to go.
er...actually what's a MX62? Very Happy what car and which year model is it?
how much they normally cost for a set of strut, rotors, and calipers?
Razz
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Sat, 15 February 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
up up... Cool
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Sat, 15 February 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Sat, 15 February 2003 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX62 is early 80s cressida
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Sat, 15 February 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, ic. thanks.
do they use bigger springs or they are mostly the same to the sprinters?

[Updated on: Sun, 16 February 2003 06:53]

pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Sun, 16 February 2003 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
any one?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Sun, 16 February 2003 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry for late reply i dont get on the net much. i have SOME pics, but they will need to be scanned. my conversion is finished now, drove it only for 2 days cause the car is back off the road while i put the GZE in.
cost wise, if i told you it wouldnt be a good indication cause got mates rates on some things such as the brand new BREMBO front rotors for $44 each and the XT130 struts free cause i taxed them off a dumped car.
but anyway when i get some spare time ill write up an article possibly with some pics. no part numbers unfortunately tho.
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Mon, 17 February 2003 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Mon, 17 February 2003 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Sun, 16 February 2003 21:21

brand new BREMBO front rotors for $44
Shocked

Where do you get mates like that!!!!!!!!!

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Mon, 17 February 2003 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are just replacements for 604's but still cheap huh... could have also got brand new starion master cylinder for $200 but instead i got a second hand one for $110. hmmm. silly maybe.
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Thu, 26 February 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the difference between MA61 struts and brakes compared to that of the MX62 cresida? I can get a set of MA61 Celica Supra struts with all the braking hardware real cheap and I want to know for sure its ok to fit into my sprinter before I buy them. Also they are only single piston, is there a bolt on upgrade available to change this?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Thu, 26 February 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will find that the single piston caliper is more than adequate for such a light car. The number of pistons isn't as important as pad area, and MA61 pads are quite large.
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Thu, 26 February 2004 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what size disks does the MA61 have?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Thu, 26 February 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
258mm.
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Supra brake on Sprinter? Fri, 27 February 2004 02:38 Go to previous message
Thanks and whats the diameter of the Aus spec Sprinter disks?

On the toyomods website guide to installing the Cresida brakes it says this "Once you have acquired the strut and brakes you will also need to get some steering arms, the ones off the GX60 have a larger hole for the ball joint so you can't use those ones"

could someone please explain this to me?

I have just bought some MA61 struts with brakes for an awesome price of $180 for both and I want to to put these into my 86. From what I understand these are the same as the GX60 brake setup. Now I left behind the old steering arms and I also took off some Corona ST141 steering arms and left them in the boot of the Supra so I can come back.

So the question is why cant I use the supra arms? One thing I did notice is that the holes are offset a bit and that means that using the Corona ones would give me more camber which would be good.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EFI fuel tank for 4AGE conversion
Next Topic:Boost Gauge Illumination
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 13:14:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073611736297607 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.