Toymods » Tech & Conversions » SC14 - GZE - Sprinter conversion Problems

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
SC14 - GZE - Sprinter conversion Problems Sat, 08 October 2005 12:45 Go to next message
Ok, before i get flamed i've done a search and i've pm'd a couple of people, but had no luck

sc14 to a GZE, now i've read the "walk through" on a previous post, and the one on how to put an EA falcon pully on a sc12 too.

But my concern is my car in an AE86 and the charger being longer than the sc12, what is required to make it fix, i'm thinking a custom engine mount maybe

I'll be doning some dummy fitting early this week to see how hard it may be, and i'll keep posting up if it isn't that hard of a job or what has to be made up.

Has anybody done this conversion to a sprinter or RWD rola, and can they PLEASE send me some pic's and info on what had to be changed.

I am just asking for peoples advice on this.

Thanks, J
  Send a private message to this user    
myne
Regular

October 2005
Re: SC14 - GZE - Sprinter conversion Problems Sat, 08 October 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seen this?
http://www.members.westnet.com.au/adsport/sc14fit/
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: SC14 - GZE - Sprinter conversion Problems Sat, 08 October 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That walkthrough is to fit an SC14 into an AW11 MR2.
The question is, will the SC14 fit into an AE86 sprinter, due to different engine mounts and engine configuration.. (longitudinal)
quest
Regular

April 2004
Re: SC14 - GZE - Sprinter conversion Problems Sun, 09 October 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't remember where, but details were posted on the sc14 in ae
Here is a very nice 7AGZE

http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11900 3

Uses the (suppoesedly) better n.a. inlet, and the 7a deck is taller, so the sc14 probably fits easier in this case

[Updated on: Sun, 09 October 2005 12:22]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: SC14 - GZE - Sprinter conversion Problems Sun, 09 October 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is the link to his site

http://division86.jconserv.net/viewtopic.php?t=119

pretty average results in my mind for alot of effort a t28 on a stock 4aze would make more power

[Updated on: Sun, 09 October 2005 12:27]

SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: SC14 - GZE - Sprinter conversion Problems Mon, 10 October 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SprinterBoy wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 22:45

sc14 to a GZE, now i've read the "walk through" on a previous post, and the one on how to put an EA falcon pully on a sc12 too.

But my concern is my car in an AE86 and the charger being longer than the sc12, what is required to make it fix, i'm thinking a custom engine mount maybe

Yea read the aw11, as toycam said, my concern is the fitment to a north south motor not east west

Thanks for the link's

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: SC14 - GZE - Sprinter conversion Problems Mon, 10 October 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
an AW11 has a tighter engine bay than a sprinter does...

why would differant engine mounts be a prob? does a sprinter have mounts in a differant location to that of a fwd config 4A? How much longer are they man? do you have the new charger yet, you could measure them and the gap and see if there is enough room?
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: SC14 - GZE - Sprinter conversion Problems Tue, 11 October 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

you could measure them and the gap and see if there is enough room?

Now that would be too logical for our Justin Razz
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: SC14 - GZE - Sprinter conversion Problems Wed, 12 October 2005 10:00 Go to previous message
Gez, thanks steve

C'mon joel

you've seen in the sprinter, the space beside the block and to the tower aint a problem, it is the mount that sits very close to the back of my charger that is, it's a three bolt triangle looking mount(great description eh?)

the charger should be off in a day or two and i have the new charger so i'll be getting the ruler out and having a look see, i'll let you know how it goes.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:gen 2 or 3 1g-gte (green injectors) no ECU
Next Topic:AE101 20V into 99 Model AE112?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 02:13:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053410530090332 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.