Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MA61 Suspension....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: MA61 Suspension.... Wed, 03 August 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sounds too good to be true, I need stiffness in mine, as it gets constantly thrashed sideways Mad and the kings low and pedders shocks most deffinately suck balls in stiffness! here is my rear camber with Simmons FR 17x9 +28 offset
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/hazkell/sup2.jpg

another view

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/hazkell/NScruise008.jpg

keep us posted on the suspension joorsh, I would like to know the results!

Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Suspension.... Wed, 03 August 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kings lows are crap in MA61's. They're nowhere near stiff enough for the height, and in fact they're only marginally stiffer than stock springs so any improvement in handling is negligible. My car corners so much better now I have 300lb/in springs up front and Koni sport shocks. Can't wait to do the same in the rear (finances permitting).
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Suspension.... Wed, 03 August 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah 1500 for the lot. Using all Noltec parts, which are pretty damn good.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Suspension.... Wed, 03 August 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do know that the IRS celcia springs are 225lb/ft fronts (effective linear rate once installed) & 200lb/ft rears. Stock are rumored to be somewhere around 100/125 IIRC.

Another thing to consider when getting new springs is that the actual rate of the spring and effective rate at the wheel (due to the IRS) are different things.

Does anyone know who makes urethene steering rack bushings for our cars? They're not in SUperPro catalog, or Nolathane catalog; Noltec site is always down, Whiteline site/catalog sucks...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Suspension.... Wed, 03 August 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you get all that stuff installed for $1500, you got the bargain of the century. I paid more than that just for my front end setup - and I installed it myself!
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: MA61 Suspension.... Thu, 04 August 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keep us posted on your suspension Joorsh! Sounds very interesting, specially for only $1500 for all 4 corners!
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: MA61 Suspension.... Sat, 08 October 2005 13:39 Go to previous message
Hey Joorsh any update on your noltec suspension?
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3tgte questions
Next Topic:Trueno Nose Trade from Canada
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 21:56:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.052020072937012 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.