Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
lets talk vacuums Sat, 08 October 2005 23:48 Go to next message
ok i have a 4k-c which i am now swapping back to the original carby in an attempt to get it to run with all the might of a 4k Laughing
my problem is i have a set of 4 into 1 extractors (i didnt buy them) with no exhaust gas recirculation(EGR) thingy, so im wondering, if by some divine intervention i work all this shit out, will the fact i have no EGR create any issues for me?
thanx guys
~andrew~
  Send a private message to this user    
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: lets talk vacuums Sun, 09 October 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no it wont, just make sure you block off the pipe that pumps exhaust into your inlet.
pomey
Regular

May 2005
Re: lets talk vacuums Sun, 09 October 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

With respect to the above question, does the lack of this EGR cause any problems with the vehicle passing an engineering inspection for registration purposes? I also have extractors with no EGR on my 18RG, but noticed one on the exhaust manifold of the 18RC i removed.

Cheers, Pomey!
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: lets talk vacuums Sun, 09 October 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
technically, a vehicle being engineered should have better to equivalent emissions to this vehicle in original trim. so really, EGR should be used, but you could get away with it. I know I have passed rego with EGR inoperable, but then again, it looked connected, with the vac. hoses still in place.
pomey
Regular

May 2005
Re: lets talk vacuums Sun, 09 October 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i guess that makes sense. Do know happen to know if it's possible to have an EGR fitted to extractors?
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: lets talk vacuums Sun, 09 October 2005 03:36 Go to previous message
ive got the 4k up and runnin without the egr and the rest of the vacuum system seems to be working properly aswell now, when i got my safety cert to get it re-registered a few months back i had the egr off (extractors on) and just put vacuum pipes onto different bits and peices, today i set it all up properly. i dont know with getting a car engineered but i would say getting a safety cert they wouldnt actually look close enough to notice Smile
thanx for the replys guys
~andrew~
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ke70 gearbox question
Next Topic:60 Series Landcruiser Diff Ratio's?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:11:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045130252838135 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.