Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 01:46 Go to next message
Obviously there are different levels of queue jumping .. with different levels of retaliation ...

It was chaos at Kingsford Smith Customs this morning .. my mom could have shot all the queue jumpers .. and the useless staff that direct traffic there (if she had a an AK47)

want to share your experiences and how you deal with QJs ?

I am pretty passive .. normally just give greasy's .. Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i usually say something like:
"excuse me, the back of the line is over there"
but i say it in a loud disconcerting voice so ppl infront turn around and make the QJ feel like shit and embarased

or if im in a bad mood then ill say "OI, what the hell??" with a frown.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We had a fire drill the other day and when we were finally allowed back into the building it was very conjested at the security gates as each person swiped their pass to get back in.

One of the Execs thought he was so important he didn't have to wait and just marched straight up to the front (I always suspected the guy was a cockhead and this just confirmed it).

Fortunately one of the security guards nabbed him and made him wait. They had a big argument and the rest of us just laughed at the cock smoker as we got in the lift (the guy has one of those heads that you just want to punch when you see it) Laughing

In short I hate queue jumpers, my reaction to them depends on the situation Wink Usually a smart arse comment is suffice.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my exact words evey time to them is"you can move right to the end of the line or ill throw you there" works every single time.
mick
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I pulled an old bloke up once, and got the in my day we respected our elders. So I replied with "Well maybe in your day the elders were respectable." Poor old fart nearly cried Confused
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i generally have to watch what i say to que jumpers...not being the meaty-est guy around if things where to turn physical i'd get smashed.

but yeah normally if you have a go at someone for QJ alot of the people behind you will back you up showing there extream distaste for the QJ's actions

thats a top comment about the old guy aswell
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 16:22

I pulled an old bloke up once, and got the in my day we respected our elders. So I replied with "Well maybe in your day the elders were respectable." Poor old fart nearly cried Confused

PURE GOLD!
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once at the movies, i walked past a few ppl to get back to the front of the line, i was in a very foul mood, i got a "hey, lets push in"

then i turned, and in a very loud and angry voice in front of 80 odd ppl, "HEY, FUCK OFF"

he said nothing Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2005 07:56]

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorta related but traffic gives me the sh!ts! there is a road where i drive home, one lane onto the road and one road off it, but for 100 or so meters it goes 2 lanes and it is always a crawl. So people take the empty lane and try and push in (or que jump), i always fight them at the top cause it really gives me the craps, If they didn't do it i am positive that traffic would flow much smoother through there.

On the legal side of things if there is 2 lanes that merge without a line eg

I know the person in front gets right away but if its like this

does the person in front still get right away or does the person not mer gin get right away?

Sorry to go a bit off topic

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2005 08:34]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 16:22

Laughing Laughing That is GOLD!!!
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 18:28

Sorta related but traffic gives me the sh!ts! there is a road where i drive home, one lane onto the road and one road off it, but for 100 or so meters it goes 2 lanes and it is always a crawl. So people take the empty lane and try and push in (or que jump), i always fight them at the top cause it really gives me the craps, If they didn't do it i am positive that traffic would flow much smoother through there.

does the person in front still get right away or does the person not mer gin get right away?

I always believed that the person in the lane which ends is responsible for merging, not necessarily who's in front
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goddman dale, who's the lovely lady in your avatar

more pics please
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 19:12

more pics please

That'd be my lovely girlfriend, so I'll whore the pics to myself Very Happy
.. except if I change my avatar from time to time
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dale_ta22 wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 19:18

Mr DOHC wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 19:12

more pics please

That'd be my lovely girlfriend, so I'll whore the pics to myself Very Happy
.. except if I change my avatar from time to time

bastard
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finally my turn to say picsorban
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YES

i'll post pics of my "wife" in my avatar too
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dale_ta22 wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 19:10

I always believed that the person in the lane which ends is responsible for merging, not necessarily who's in front

what exactly does "responsible for merging" mean? not that they can cut in right?

And the pics still look dodgy as it doesn't turn out like you type it, in the top one the line just ends and there is a lane 2 cars wide with no line for a short time whereas below the line has a distinct line that keeps going to the gutter but is shorter then the center line
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 19:27

Dale_ta22 wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 19:10

what exactly does "responsible for merging" mean? not that they can cut in right?

And the pics still look dodgy as it doesn't turn out like you type it, in the top one the line just ends and there is a lane 2 cars wide with no line for a short time whereas below the line has a distinct line that keeps going to the gutter but is shorter then the center line

Yeah, basically that.. just that it's their responsibility to choose a safe time to merge, adjust their speed appropriately and not to rely on someone to just let them in out of kindness
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i ask u all this...

if u were to queue jump and knew u werent goin to get caught would u do it?

i must admit i did jump a pretty bit queue once...i didnt do it with intent to line jump...but here is how it went

it was bledisloe cup 2003 at stadium austrailia me and my mate had a few drinks already and were walking up the big swirly ramp that takes u to different levels of the staduim, where u get off the ramp is at the very corner of the staduim, there was a line pretty much at the exit from the swirly ramp...me and my mate didnt know wat this line was for so we walked passed it...we wanted a couple of beers and the bar was situated about 50m away..the next step needs a diagram to explain

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/5500/untitled5in.png

me and my mate intended on walkin the bar and saw no one was at the enterance and they were lined up in the wrong spot, (the ppl at the back didnt know and the ppl at the front were just dumb) so insted of walking all the way back (50m) we just cut in which in a normal life situation would be mean and pretty slack...but when there is beer and rugby invovled i think we could be excused from wrong doing...

if there were a line cutting record this would be pretty high up there...50m of ppl back to back and about 5 ppl wide...thats alot of ppl
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
person in front has right of way when merging regardless of lane. thats what makes it different from just changing lanes.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 21:24

person in front has right of way when merging regardless of lane. thats what makes it different from just changing lanes.

yeah, exactly. yesterday, i was in the left lane (the one about to disappear) next to some little hatchback. i decied to just back off a little and let them in for once. this prompted the stupid cunt bitch behind that car to think that she automatically has the right to push in too Mad, so i fuckin merged, all in reasonable time and pace, safely. she gave me the hands in the air thing and the "you bloody idiot, what are you doing" look/action through the rear veiw. fuckin dumb cow.

some people i tells ya.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Thu, 06 October 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you see, thats what happens when u let the 'sheep' out there take control of where u go.

never hesitate.
"hesitation is masturbation"
if theres barely enough room for your car go for it, otherwise you will b caught in the middle of shit. everytime i let someone in they end up driving like 10km/h under the limit, so i dont let anyone in no more, fuck em.

YES, it is a race.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Fri, 07 October 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I let ppl if in they are either
hot
old
ppl i know
or have a nice car.
everybody else check out the back of my car.

I might QJ it depends.
if i'm waiting for something that there is no way i can get any quicker then i'll wait.
but if i've got a mate working at the door of a club or something like that then i'll go infront of the line.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Fri, 07 October 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 21:24

Wrong.

Person in the left lane has right of way when merging, unless they are merging across a line, then the car in the other lane has right of way.
---

As for que jumping, I don't. Why am I in such a hurry that I'm willing to piss people off?

Car que jumping, that's another story... as I'm quicker than 99.8% of the traffic on the road, I think I deserve the front of the line... 'cuz they might get pissed that I jumped in front, but when it comes down to it, they aren't gonna be slowed down by me at all.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Fri, 07 October 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I agree, pisses me off how in say an 80 zone, the trafficall does 60kph until the 2 lanes open up, everyone does 80, then when the lanes merge they all go back to 60 again. I just zip to the front and do 80, and just watch the granny in my rear vision mirror hold up the big line of traffic behind me as I disappear into the distance Smile
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Fri, 07 October 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah not just that, but I get to the speed limit a lot quicker than most people. Even driving fairly sedately (for me, which is 3000-4000rpm in each gear - redline of 8100) I'm usualy a decent distance ahead of the traffic.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Fri, 07 October 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 15:37

Person in the left lane has right of way when merging, unless they are merging across a line, then the car in the other lane has right of way.

Only someone from Melbourne would think that Razz

From the Australian Road Rules - Rule 149

Giving way when lines of traffic merge into a single line
of traffic.
A driver in a line of traffic that is merging with one or more
lines of traffic travelling in the same direction as the driver
must give way to a vehicle in another line of traffic if any part
of the vehicle is ahead of the driver’s vehicle.

Also note this only applies when lanes are merging... a lane is "merging" when the common marking on the road is removed as below.

Not like this which is a lane ending:

From the Australian Road Rules Rule 148

Giving way when moving from one marked lane or line
of traffic to another marked lane or line of traffic
(1) A driver on a multi-lane road who is moving from one marked
lane (whether or not the lane is ending) to another marked lane
must give way to any vehicle travelling in the same direction as
the driver in the marked lane to which the driver is moving.
Offence provision.
Note 1 Marked lane and multi-lane road are defined in the dictionary.
Note 2 For this rule, give way means the driver must slow down and, if
necessary, stop to avoid a collision — see the definition in the dictionary.

In nearly all other cases you must give way to the vehicle on the RIGHT.

mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Fri, 07 October 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribfeast wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 14:29

Yeah I agree, pisses me off how in say an 80 zone, the trafficall does 60kph until the 2 lanes open up, everyone does 80, then when the lanes merge they all go back to 60 again. I just zip to the front and do 80, and just watch the granny in my rear vision mirror hold up the big line of traffic behind me as I disappear into the distance Smile

this pisses me off the most aswell...entering the westbound tunnel left lane...cars merging into my lane (thats right mine, im on the freeway, bitch)

anyway, its 80 through the tunnel, but at the enterance its usually around 30-40ish...due to merging, which is understandable, but the right hand lane slows down to the same speed..and they have no mergine to worry about....so for the next 1km or so through the tunnel you are doing 50-60, even after you have merged and got on your way...

you reach the end of the tunnel thinking it must be banked up somewhere, as everyone was slowing down...but its flowing...why does it take the whole tunnel to reach the speed limit! Razz

if i wasnt a learner, and didnt have the old man in the car, id have a turn...so i've started catching the train to work instead Razz much more soothing.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Fri, 07 October 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the problem mc68 is that if you have traffic in the right lane gunning it at 80 passed cars that are only doing 40, this opens things up to accidents. The people in the right lane slowing down to 60 are actualy doing the right thing.

And Toobs, yeah... I forgot the different states have different road rules. Kinda doesn't make sense to me. We aren't a big enough country (population wise) to be having different road rules for different states.

Anyway, it makes more sense for the left hand lane to have right of way. People in the right should only be overtaking. There's a law here, sais if it's posted, or the speed limit is 80 or over, you MUST keep left unless overtaking.
I hate sitting behind some bastard in a 1 lane road (but with more than enough room for 2 cars abreast, you know, one of those unmarked 2 lane deals) who's doing 10 below the limit, and sitting right in the middle of the road so no one can get passed him. Or Sitting over on right of the lane so that if you wanna overtake, you have to do it on the inside (Which is illegal and also dangerous). *Shakes fist*

So saying that the left hand lane has right of way is just once again pointing out that you should be in the left... then people like my can scoot passed you with ease and in safety. Very Happy
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Fri, 07 October 2005 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 18:28

hahahaha you must be one of those people who pretend not to know that someone wants to merge into your lane and you pretend you don't know by not keeping eye contact or pretending to listen to your music Laughing Laughing
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Fri, 07 October 2005 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to do security at a taxi rank in the middle of the city on thursday and friday nights...

That was a fun job at times exspecially when you have about 100 drunk ppl at 4-5 in the morning wanting to rip the head off a que jumper.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Fri, 07 October 2005 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malicia wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 03:12

I used to do security at a taxi rank in the middle of the city on thursday and friday nights...

That was a fun job at times exspecially when you have about 100 drunk ppl at 4-5 in the morning wanting to rip the head off a que jumper.

hahahahah everytime a cab pulls up there is 100,thats my cab yelled out.and then when some gets in there is 99,oh fuck its.
lmao
mick
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Sat, 08 October 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 23:49

the problem mc68 is that if you have traffic in the right lane gunning it at 80 passed cars that are only doing 40, this opens things up to accidents. The people in the right lane slowing down to 60 are actualy doing the right thing.

why, do people get scared to see cars doing the speed limit past them or something? Confused and vice versa.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Sat, 08 October 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wen it comes to que jumpers. i got it the worst i reacon.

i went to china and we were trying to get tickets to get a flight out the next morning. we were doing it through the hotel cause they spoke english, most other places didnt where we were.

so firstly, the hotel stuffed up and we had to go to a like a flight centre sorta thing, we got tickets and were reaaddy to piss off at 7 in the morning or sumfin.
we got up got ready and stole a cab from traffic, cause there was no way we could get one from a taxi stand or anything. ppl everywhere cause chinese new years.

we got to airport, got into line, and waitted.
bout 15mins b4 flight closes, ppl start pouring in from everywhere. sides and shit. there was no more line. so we started to push through, as u would. but there was no ending. we got to the front by literally pushing ppl out of the way. in a big way.

we then missed the flight, cause of the crowds. we were forced to go bak to where we got the tickets and they refused to refund, and only have bak half the ticket. we got a new ticket, and returned to the airport 4hrs earlier aand signed in as soon as we could.
this little que jump cost me about 200$ for the ticket and 100$ in cabs. sons of bitches.

in that part of china the ppl where jus so rude, they have no idea how to que up or sumfin. was the biggest pain in the arse, westerners all around us were like wtf?!
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Sat, 08 October 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol at the airport story.... you should have gotten one of those luggage trolley's and rigged up a home made cow catcher/snow plow and charged your way through
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Sat, 08 October 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 23:04

lol at the airport story.... you should have gotten one of those luggage trolley's and rigged up a home made cow catcher/snow plow and charged your way through

Mate. I doubt that would've helped. I'm Chinese myself (not chinese born, but chinese nonetheless) and even I was suprised by the que-jumpers. Lucky for us, our tour guide didn't take it too well and managed to abuse the airport officials enough to get a 'sorta' que happening...
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Sat, 08 October 2005 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokey228 wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 12:14

this little que jump cost me about 200$ for the ticket and 100$ in cabs. sons of bitches.

$100 in cab fares? How did you manage that?
A 15 minute cab ride in China only costs about $5AU!
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Sat, 08 October 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yian wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 23:52

I'm Chinese myself (not chinese born, but chinese nonetheless) and even I was suprised by the que-jumpers. Lucky for us, our tour guide didn't take it too well and managed to abuse the airport officials enough to get a 'sorta' que happening...

The Chinese are the worst que jumpers on the planet. When I was getting a flight back to Adelaide last week there was a large party of Chinese tourists. A few were ahead of me and they just kept letting more of their tour in.

They looked pretty clueless and didn't speak a word of english and I was way ahead of schedule so I let it ride, but the guy behind me told them to "get to the back of the fucking line".

The tour guide heard this and she went back to line where she told the incoming "would be" que jumpers to wait at the back of the line 'cos there was an angry Australian in the line.

The guy behind me kept muttering and swearing under his breath until I got checked in and went to my gate. I had a bit of a laugh 'cos all these tourists were going to Melbourne and the gate was packed, and that was where this guy was going to also. I bet he would of been swearing and muttering all the way to Melbourne. Smile

Once at a fish & chip shop there were a stack of people waiting to be served and this chick pushes through and starts to order her food, and this bloke says real loudly "what am I? a fucking statue? Get back in the fucking line and wait your turn." About 20 people clapped and cheered as the chick almost cried and ran out.

seeyuzz
river
AnNa340
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Sun, 09 October 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work at Red Rooster and there are sooo many impatient people in this world. I'll be serving on one till up one end with all the other tills saying 'Closed' on them but customers still walk straight up to the closed tills while there is a line at the other end of the counter and they expect to get served straight away.. man it shits me Mad
I've seen so many arguments over que jumping as well.. Oh i cant wait till i get out of that shit hole Smile
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Sun, 09 October 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We were waiting to get on some tourist train at Katoomba once (goes down the side of the valley or something) and we were at the front of the line to get the front row of seats. As our turn to board approached, a Chinese family jumped ahead of us and took the front row.

I've never seen my little Greek grandmother so angry, the queue jumpers copped Greek cursing from the top of the hill to the bottom. They didn't get a chance to take advantage of their position and enjoy the view because of the barrage of abuse coming from behind them. They looked about as uncomfortable as humanely possible. When we got to the bottom, they jumped out and stayed as far away as possible for the rest of the afternoon Smile
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Sun, 09 October 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its amusing how the Chinese are like that... its not because they are stupid or arrogant but because there are so many people in china and so little order that pushing through and cutting in are the norm for them.

Apparently they only recently introduced a road rule making it compulsory to give way to pedestrians at a pedestrian crossing... they still don't give way though!

Likewise if a westerner goes to China and tries to drive they will inevitably either have an accident or not move at all... one of our suppliers is an expat and lives in china and refuses to drive because he can't handle it.

You would have to go to china and see for yourself to fully understand.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Sun, 09 October 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 02:09

Smokey228 wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 12:14

$100 in cab fares? How did you manage that?
A 15 minute cab ride in China only costs about $5AU!

well, we were in gwuanjo or sumfin like dat, and we stayed at the marriot in the city. marriot was 80$ a night, but i figured, that it would be the only place trust worthy in that city. was soo dirty.

was like 90min drive to airport. we went there, missed the flight, went bak, changed tickets and went back again. thats 90x3 so thats 4hrs and 30mins of cab driving. u do the maths. it was about 150RMB each trip so 450RMB or so, which is really about $AU80 and then there was trips from hotel to ticket place and bak etc. so i figured bout $AU20 in there.

give or take but, this isnt an accurate account. but our destination was nanjing and it took us 2days to get there in the end, and by the time i had arrived there, i had spent all the cash i took over which was around $700. i then had banked cash. but was way off budget seeing i only had like 1500 for 1 month.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Sun, 09 October 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 15:28

Its amusing how the Chinese are like that... its not because they are stupid or arrogant but because there are so many people in china and so little order that pushing through and cutting in are the norm for them.

Apparently they only recently introduced a road rule making it compulsory to give way to pedestrians at a pedestrian crossing... they still don't give way though!

Likewise if a westerner goes to China and tries to drive they will inevitably either have an accident or not move at all... one of our suppliers is an expat and lives in china and refuses to drive because he can't handle it.

You would have to go to china and see for yourself to fully understand.

yeh, the rules here and there are opposite basically:
here, in order to get recognised by a driver when ur a pedestrian, u make eye contact and they'll generally slow down for u. the eye contact indicating that uve seen them and they've seen u and ur intent is to cross.

but over there, if u make eye contact, it means uve seen them and are aware that they have no intent to stop. i tried to cross the road a few times and failed. went wif my mate who was living there for a few months and he crossed wif his eyes on the floor. couldnt understand it.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Sun, 09 October 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mc68 wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 11:55

Shraka wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 23:49

why, do people get scared to see cars doing the speed limit past them or something? Confused and vice versa.

No, but sometimes idiots don't check their mirrors properly and duck out into the 80 lane only to be slammed from behind. At 60 you can avoid these accidents. Although I agree that once you're passed the congestion you should make all attempts to get to 80 as fast as you can so that the people behind you have some nice clean road.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Queue Jumpers ........ dieeeeeee Sun, 09 October 2005 07:51 Go to previous message
Smokey228 wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 16:06

well, we were in gwuanjo or sumfin like dat, and we stayed at the marriot in the city. marriot was 80$ a night, but i figured, that it would be the only place trust worthy in that city. was soo dirty.

was like 90min drive to airport. we went there, missed the flight, went bak, changed tickets and went back again.

The Marriot was probably the best bet, however, I hear theres a new Howard in Guangzhou that's apparently pretty swanky... only just finished construction!

Took you 90mins to get to Guangzhou airport??? thats harsh... should have jumped on the train!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Snickers Ad
Next Topic:It's my birthday, whad ya get me !!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:22:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007688045501709 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.