Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon10.gif  Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 10:37 Go to next message
So, who do you reckon was at fault?
Murphy admitted to stuffing up the corner before and he was baulked by a slower lapped car in front of him.....but Ambrose was not all the way past before he turned into the corner.
Let's hear your opinion.....

[Updated on: Sun, 09 October 2005 10:43]

Send a private message to this user    
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno who was at fault but they both looked like a couple of girl's blouses pointing fingers at each other.
They need to bring a little biff into motor racing I reckon.

Cheers, Greg.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Whoever was behind was in the wrong.

Also, I'm with Farky-babes. They should of got their rocks off and started a full-on biff instead of girly finger pointing.

seeyuzz
river
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"bring back, bring back the biff!"

I thought the car in front cut infront of the slower car coming into the corner and it was his fault he got spun around.

other ppl have said the slower car show have allowed him to pass and slow down.

i think the 1st one is right
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wanted to see Ambrose go over the wall and down the hill...

... just because it hasn't happened in a while and it would have been cool to watch. Evil or Very Mad

Also, i was getting all excited when they took of their helmets thinking they were gonna have a punch-on... i quickly realised they were both fucken skirts when they just pointed angrily at each other. Pussies. No No No
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
murphy is full of hot air
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, when the helmets came off I was expecting a few punches.. and they both hate each other to boot.

I'm a bit torn about who did what wrong... ambrose got a long way past him (murphy was only up to the 3/4 panel). so while ambrose did turn in front of him, he was holding his racing line to a car that was behind him.
I'm gonna say murphy was in the wrong, but I'm not up to date on the latest regualtions regarding "race space" etc... it was so much easier when if you weren't up to the b-pillar it was your fault Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 21:33

it was so much easier when if you weren't up to the b-pillar it was your fault Smile

i thought that was what the rules were
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wanted to see more of a lead up to what made it happen.. I tend to think ambrose was in the wrong, he seemed to still be heated about the whole balaclava incident and was being a bit too aggressive after the restart trying to gain positions where there really wasn't the room for it
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was, and still is to a degree. but there's a mitigating rule of race space.
beats me, don't know it that well
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those 2 drivers are setting a nice example of ROAD RAGE for the younger viewers.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm leaning toward cutting them both a little slack.
they'd been racing for over 5 hours, and suddenly in that one crash both lost over 100 points (considering they were in high placings), ambrose lost the championship lead.

The moment any road rager is under that sort of stress and fatigue and only yells at someone, I'll cut him some slack.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
think there punishment got dished out at the track,a big DNF at the end of the race,there is nothing worse than that.
mick
zork
Regular

September 2005
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
definatly murphy's fault. Ambrose had clearly made a pass, after murphy had such a poor exit out of turn 2. Ambrose didnt turn in front of murphy (to cut him off), he simply was 'goin around the corner' and quite wide at that. The contact happened with murphy's car in the middle of the track and he had the inside line, so he could have moved left to avoid anything, ambrose had to take the line he did, otherwise would find himself in the wall, besides, given the pass he made, it was well within his rights to turn that corner as he did.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only watch it a couple of times but ambrose will get done for it, if its not just let go, as DNF.comes down to racing room etc and the guy overtaking having to avoid the car being overtaken.looked like murphy gave him a love tap going into the corner as pay back for ambrose tapping him before the corner.i think you will find it was murphys corner because of were he hit ambrose,he was deep thats why he lost it with ambrose.if he wasnt deep ambrose would have spun and murph would have tapped the brakes and kept going.case of murphy guarding his line and there not being the room for them both.its a close call,need the inside camera to help work it out.
mick
zork
Regular

September 2005
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deep? hit him on near rear wheel.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as i said only saw it quickly,but looked deeper to me an hence the car dynamics during the crash by murphys car.ill say more when i have a good look.but you could be right.
mick
zork
Regular

September 2005
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it seems like there was a tyre scuff just near the rear wheel of ambrose's car. Will avesco look at this now and fine some one?
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it to hard to tell whom is at fault they give both a talking to and leave it at that.it was the end of the race and they already got the worst possible fine you can,DNF.
mick
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Sun, 09 October 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Murphy's fault, he's a hot head anyway. Rolling Eyes

Ambrose had the speed, the pass and the racing line, plus he gave Murphy room on the inside of the corner anyway. Murphy dug the nose of his car into Ambrose by choice, instead of hugging the apex and giving Ambrose room on the exit.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Mon, 10 October 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
murph's very cool!top bloke.ive never met a true race that isnt a hot head on the track,exept for the ones that are just there to have a bit of fun.everyone has there moments.lmao
mick
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Mon, 10 October 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone have a vid file of the chopper shot of the incident?
thanks
mick
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Mon, 10 October 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bit of give n take on that 1.

ambrose was ahead
murphy needed "race space"
ambrose tapped murphy
murphy tapped ambrose back

upto the powers that be i guess.

all i can say is you didnt hear ambrose paying out on murphy
in the commentator interviews afterwards. But murphy was all over ambrose with the slander.

shows who the bigger man and better sportsman was.

oh and "BRING BACK THE BIFF!"
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Mon, 10 October 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was totaly murphy's fault imo. im definately no fan of ambrose, hes a wanker but he was definately not at fault.

if you watch the footage from the chopper (which is the only footage that shows the whole story) you will see that murphy fudged corner 2 big time. ambrose came through the inside leaving him with the outside for corner 3. ambrose was clearly infront of murphy coming into corner 3 and left murphy ATLEAST a car width and a half to take the inside line. you can see murphy move to the outside wall and tap ambrose.

i would even entertain the idea that murphy spun him deliberately knowing what it would do to ambroses championship and the pairs past record. yes ambrose is involved in alot of biff and quite often its his fault but murphy is totally at fault here, i cant beleive the stewards put it down to a racing incident.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Mon, 10 October 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cams show their true colours - is the best example of non-decision making i've seen in a while (and i'm a public servant veteran):

from <http://www.cams.com.au/content.asp?PageID=Article& amp;ObjectID=649>:
Quote:

V8 Supercars &#8211; Race 1:
An investigation was carried out by the IPO into the incident involving car #1, Marcos Ambrose, and car #51, Greg Murphy, on lap 144. The IPO:
+ Considered the incar footage of car #51;
+ Considered the incar footage of car #1;
+ Considered the incar footage of car #10 (immediately following);
+ Recognised it was a difficult part of the track to overtake;
+ Interviewed the driver of car #51;
+ Interviewed the driver of car #1;
+ Considered observers reports;
+ Considered and viewed Channel 10 television coverage;
+ Considered the opinion and advice of the Driving Standards Observer; and
+ Considered the matter on its own merits.

It was determined that it was not likely to be clearly established that there had been a breach of the rules by either driver. Accordingly, no further action was taken on the incident and the investigation closed.

so if you drive and behave like an aggresive knob-head destroying thousands of dollars worth of racecar, you get off with not even a warning but if you miss the media-show-and-tell, they fine you $2500 (see link for examples).

The definition of 'racing incident' does seem to be applied with a very wide brush (I think a recent IPRA incident of an RX7 all but climbing over the side and bonnet of an RX4 got a similar lack-of-judicial reponse?).
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Mon, 10 October 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What i found strange was no in-car footage from Murphys car ? Very strange , but the in-car footage from ambrose's car showed a big hit that thought the car around .Defiantly not just a rub along the side or rear of the car , was murphy going to even make the corner at that speed . Well if they check the telemetry and his speed at that point is higher that any other lap he will be fucked . Maybe there will be a cover up , but i am sure it will go on for a while after as the stonebrothers team aren't really into loosing .But all in all it was a good race , best in years. Good to see Tasman motorsport and the guys at Harrop's had a good event.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Mon, 10 October 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was at bathurst for the weekend as you may have seen from my thread pics will be added this weekend. From what i can see ambrose got a run on muroh up the mountain, but he was on the outside which generally lacks grip and for a lot of the weekend was damp. Murph takes the racing line (dry line) into the corner carrying vastly more speed than ambrose who at that point had passed him, ambrose comes across the racing line and gets munted.

Murph probably should of given him room, but really ambrose shouldn't of been out there the move was never gonna stick as he didn't have the run to the next corner and there is no way he could of held the lead out wide so he came across murph and got hammered.

Officials have pretty much cleared both of any wrong doing leading up to the out of car antics ie it was a racing incident shit happens. Though haven't heard if they will be fined for jumping out of their cars big no no and close to bif.

Was a good race, i was sitting on the inside of the chase go team australia must of been in the trap there about 10 times throughout the day with more close calls, there was a rush for the reminents of a front splitter at the end of the race.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Mon, 10 October 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the overhead shot it was definately murphy's fault. Ambrose was well wide and murphy still managed to hit him. Ambrose hadn't even turned in when he was hit.

As for a punch up, ambrose should have either a. left the helmet on and headbutted murphy off or b. taken it off and swung at him with it. Eitrher way it's win/win.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Mon, 10 October 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from the above link, shows why CAMS is laughable.

HPDC &#8211; Matters arising from Race 1:
Following an investigation by the IPO, and an admission by the competitor, car #30, Tony Evangelou, was found to be in breach of rules, in that he lost a rear wheel (C2.6). The Stewards imposed a penalty of a fine of $2,500, wholly suspended until end of season 2006.

Now I'm sure it says somewhere in their bible that you have to start with 4 wheels but fining someone for losing one during a race? Rolling Eyes
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Mon, 10 October 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Murphy is my favourite driver, and I'll readily give the incident a 50/50, you really need some in-car video footage from Murphy's car to make a definitive call. Either way though, suck shit hard to Ambrose, he's an ugly, bald, whinging, self righteous cock-head who needed some bringing back down to Earth, would have been good to see him go over the wall and shunt down the hill to a stop. Really give the wanker something to whinge about on the long walk back to the pits. And Ambrose got cut some slack hard aswell, he got a drive through penalty for Warren Luff not wearing his fire balaclava, then Ambrose got talked into coming in to put his one on, but didn't receive a drive through for not wearing one himself in the first place, it doesn't matter whether he came in of his own accord or not, he still should have got another drive through.

Ingall should have got one aswell, he came flying in the pits after only being back in the car for 20 laps, jumped straight out of the car, and ran into the back of his team's garage, it was obvious as all hell he had no balaclava on, yet no drive through for the Caletex Falcon. Rolling Eyes

And Murphy is in the right regarding the situation after the crash, he got out of his car and stood near the wall out of the way, yes he was pointing and yelling, but Ambrose made the aggressive move of waltzing over and shoving his face in Murphy's. He should have snotted Ambrose, but I guarantee he would have got a suspension and huge fine for it.

Good win to Skaife and Kelly, Holden number 1 again. Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2005 11:13]

zork
Regular

September 2005
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Tue, 11 October 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bias much? oh yes, murphy is such an angel!!! He was so polite, standing next to his car while he waiting for young Marcus to come over. And the nice words he threw at Marcus (lip read) after the shunt was also very gentleman like! Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Tue, 11 October 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zork wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 10:08

bias much? oh yes, murphy is such an angel!!! He was so polite, standing next to his car while he waiting for young Marcus to come over. And the nice words he threw at Marcus (lip read) after the shunt was also very gentleman like! Laughing

Anyone got the clip of it, the big screen was too far away to hear the sound Sad , but looked funny as fuck.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Tue, 11 October 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol told you the wouldnt call it!more of a case of the DNF for both,if one kept going it would have been a whole diffrent story.
welcome to racing:)
mick
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Tue, 11 October 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think it matters that ambrose was on the outside line, yes it may not be the gripiest part of the road but that was his choice, he stuck to that line yet you can CLEARLY see murphy aggressively move to the right and into ambrose. he knew he was there, he knew what would happen at those speeds and in that situation if he tagged him yet he still moved out.

i dont like murphy, dont like ambrose, but love the drama Wink
worst thing about supercars is the media restrictions on the drivers. i dont know ANYONE who doesnt like hearing the drivers spit the dummy about other drivers. its sux when you see the guys biting their tongue because of the imposed restrictions.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Tue, 11 October 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 19:46

i dont think it matters that ambrose was on the outside line, yes it may not be the gripiest part of the road but that was his choice, he stuck to that line yet you can CLEARLY see murphy aggressively move to the right and into ambrose. he knew he was there, he knew what would happen at those speeds and in that situation if he tagged him yet he still moved out.

i dont like murphy, dont like ambrose, but love the drama Wink
worst thing about supercars is the media restrictions on the drivers. i dont know ANYONE who doesnt like hearing the drivers spit the dummy about other drivers. its sux when you see the guys biting their tongue because of the imposed restrictions.

Actually reading the news article on fox sports today they aren't even getting any attention over the argument and pretty much sad they are free to say what they want over it lol.

The officials pretty much came to the conclusion that ambrose was in a stupid position and wasw never gonna hold the line around the corner and if you actually look at that part of the circuit the way murph swung out is how you take the corner.

Who cares though, neither are charged it was a pissa Skaife won woot (I have followed him since the skyline days and remember seeing the GTR at a local shopping mall when i was like 5).
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Tue, 11 October 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im dirty on skaife. i think it was around 91-92 and i was at OP walking round the pits getting autographs (i was only around 8 ). i went to the castrol tent and they were flat out, yet larry perkins went outta his way to find a texta in the transporter cause mine was dead to sign me an autograph.
i went to get one from skaife, he was walking somewhere in no hurry, i asked him for his autograph and he shunned me. no im still not over it, hes a knob Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 11:26]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Tue, 11 October 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 21:25

im dirty on skaife. i think it was around 91-92 and i was at OP walking round the pits getting autographs (i was only around 8 ). i went to the castrol tent and they were flat out, yet larry perkins went outta his way to find a texta in the transporter cause mine was dead to sign me an autograph.
i went to get one from skaife, he was walking somewhere in no hurry, i asked him for his autograph and he shunned me. no im still not over it, hes a knob Rolling Eyes

Well i got his autograph fine at oran park when he was walking round, kinda helped that I was wearing plenty of HRT shit at the time and had an access all areas pass Very Happy.

Todd Kelly was a dick the day befor that but come race morning at oran park last year we got his autograph fine, sometimes they are just having a bad day. Wink
Turbo_Tim
Regular

February 2005
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Tue, 11 October 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 21:25

I almost got run over in the pits by alan jones in the mid 90's when he drove v8's. Not over it either Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Tue, 11 October 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:

I almost got run over in the pits by alan jones in the mid 90's when he drove v8's. Not over it either Razz

That'd be your own fault for standing in the way of the cars. With the old Bathurst pits/paddock it wasn't very wide and the cars would be driven round the front by the engineers/staff to the actual pit garages, they roll them along and then come up behind someone fire the engine and blip it to the redline. Piss funny if you watch not so funny when you are infront of the car ie you shit yourself.
Alas this can't happen with the new pits, we almost got cleaned up by an ambo in the paddock at bathurst once lol.
Turbo_Tim
Regular

February 2005
Re: Who has in the wrong ? Murphy or Ambrose? Tue, 11 October 2005 23:54 Go to previous message
Not really, I was about 10 or 12 and he came flogging through the crowd because he was late for the start of a session or something.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:auto AW11????!?!?!?
Next Topic:drift on the street (short video)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:50:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065479278564453 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.