July 2002
SOLD Fri, 14 February 2003 23:27 Go to next message
SOLD

[Updated on: Mon, 17 February 2003 16:18]

Send a private message to this user    
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Sat, 15 February 2003 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this a legit card ? or an illegal copied one, you can buy a smartcard for less then $20 at some places then just visit a few mates places. but if you want to do somthing illegal like that it just isnt worth it.

anyway whats toymods stance on illegal stuff in there forums ?
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Sat, 15 February 2003 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can't imagine t/mods would want illegal goods trading in the for sale section Confused
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Sat, 15 February 2003 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this card for a cable decoder or a sat decoder?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Sat, 15 February 2003 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally, i think that if this is a "home-made" programmed smart/wafer card - then firstly its too expensive... and secondly its illegal, and i dont like illegal No No No

And if its legitimate, i would be interested to know what foxtel's policy is on card swapping.
RiGo
Regular

July 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Sat, 15 February 2003 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude... as cool as I think the card is (even if it's illegal), I think you're pretty dumb posting an ad for it here.

Just go edit your post and delete your ad.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD ALL 56 CHANNELS. Sun, 16 February 2003 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Anyone else assuming it is illegal needs to get all the details of what this is before jumping to conclusions.

This is NOT some backyard-home made card.

This card is fully paid for and unlimited.

There is no law stating a legit card can not be used at someone elses house.

There is a law which states money can not be made selling foxtel by anyone but a registed buisness, working under foxtel.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 February 2003 16:15]

Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Sun, 16 February 2003 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if it is a legit foxtel card wouldn't it also come with a legit monthly subscription fee???
I have never heard of a card without the subscription fee.
Except the optus/aurora free to air card. But that only has 4 or 5 channels.
Also i know for a fact that cards cannot be sold by end users.
After market sat boxes are also a no-no if u ask foxtel.
RiGo
Regular

July 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Sun, 16 February 2003 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If this card gives you access to Optus Vision / Foxtel channels without having to pay for them, then I'm sorry buddy, but that's illegal. You are stealing a service and you could get done for it.

Having said that, I still think that the card is cool and would get one myself! But not for that price Smile
Necros
Regular

September 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Mon, 17 February 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RiGo wrote on Mon, 17 February 2003 08:27

If this card gives you access to Optus Vision / Foxtel channels without having to pay for them, then I'm sorry buddy, but that's illegal. You are stealing a service and you could get done for it.

Having said that, I still think that the card is cool and would get one myself! But not for that price Smile

It's illegal to get free cable, but not free wireless foxtel. You see they own the cable the signals are transmitted on, therefore its there cable right into your home and if you tamper with it then thats illegal.

But to have a box that is receiving radio signals from a satellite and displaying them all is not illegal... They dont own the transmitted singnals, becuase they cant own the air its transmitted on, Thats just silly... Think about it, do you pay for radio stations? You cant charge for a radio broadcast, but you can charge for a service to receive them (I.E. The use of a foxtel receiver, rent.).

I had this explained to me by a foxtel employee, has anyone else here bothered to ask a foxtel employee?

Anyways just my 2c ;p
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Mon, 17 February 2003 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This card is for satelite/wireless foxtel, NOT cable !!!!!
so there you go. Who owns the radio waves ?? no one. there for as long as you are renting a box off FOXTEL, that make this card completly legit....

Thank you necros for your insight and information aquired from an actual foxtel employee. Good to see someone has some REAL information to post here, not just their own warped opinion.
RiGo
Regular

July 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Mon, 17 February 2003 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz
Necros
Regular

September 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Mon, 17 February 2003 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and one other thing ;p

There is more than 56 channels on the 'B' satellite that foxtel/optus use... Sky use it, so does one of the major airlines for their in flight movies! and you also get the Centerlink channels thats show in their centerlink offices, and lets not forget those foriegn channels!

All up there is about 130 channels Surprised
riceboy
Regular

December 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Mon, 17 February 2003 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess it just comes down to which Foxtel employee you ask then as i have asked a former Foxtel employee who now works at our company and he said they are illegal, i have also asked the detective i know (who happens to have one of those lucky cards) who also said they are illegal so assuming they are the same card (for satellite boxes) then i would have said they are illegal too. Main point is i have cable foxtel, no free card and have to pay a monthly bill to them...damn it!
bottom line...buyer beware.
If you have optus cable internet all you need is a tv card or something for your computer and you can get the channels apparently...my friend has them but they aren't as clear.
Supra Man, i don't suppose you have any car parts you would like to sell?
RiGo
Regular

July 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Mon, 17 February 2003 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's true... they don't own the radiowaves, but they do own the content.
AussieAdo
Occasional Poster

February 2003

Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Mon, 17 February 2003 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the service was for free, why would they bother scrambling the code?

Its illegal to crack,decypher or alter any encrypted code that is coming out of any satellite.

There are web pages with free to air satellites and encyrpted ones with all the info(cept dycryption codes). Free to air are exactly that...free. Encrypted ones are encrypted for a reason.....so people not subscribed or otherwise dont view it.

The card is expensive and illegal. If Optus sold such a thing, the monthly subscription service would be useless since you can pay whatever for a card like yours.

Im sure if it comes to it, the courts would decide. And I bet your cant afford to battle Optus. Evil or Very Mad

I personally wouldnt get one....when they alter the encryption....your $$$ goes out the window. One good thing about the microwave version though is that they cant track you. Smile

~Ado
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Mon, 17 February 2003 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would agree yes that no one can own the air, which is the media for which this information is transmitted. However, Foxtel satellite transmission is owned by foxtel. Yes, the TRANSMISSION of data can be owned, since data can be owned, no matter how it is transmitted. Having a "magic card" which can decipher the encoded foxtel transmission is illegally viewing the data that is the property of foxtel, since you are not paying them for the service of allowing you to view THEIR transmission.
Hence my statement that such a card is illegal still stands.

I know of crudloads of people making these exact cards for both cable and satellite foxtel, and they all know that its illegal.

Now unless you have puchased this card from foxtel and have their express permission to sell it, i cant see how it is legal.

Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Mon, 17 February 2003 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A friend of mine was busted for producing these cards.

Yes they are illegal to use.

No they can not trace where the satelite signal is sent to so you should be caught if you are simply using the card.

Guy at work was caught cause he tried to sell these things on silly places like forums on the net. Not a good idea. especially since you have your student email address listed in your profile!!!!!

I'd strongly suggest deleting the content of your post.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Mon, 17 February 2003 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SOLD.
Necros
Regular

September 2002
Re: FOXTEL CARD 4 SALE ALL 56 CHANNELS. Tue, 18 February 2003 01:32 Go to previous message
AussieAdo wrote on Mon, 17 February 2003 20:52

I personally wouldnt get one....when they alter the encryption....your $$$ goes out the window. One good thing about the microwave version though is that they cant track you. Smile

~Ado

They wont be altering the encryption any time soon ;p Sure that would stop your _gold_ card from working, but it would also stop their standard cards from working too! hehe The encryption hasnt changed in over 5 years!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2tgeu complete $500
Next Topic:WRECKING ke70
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 07:57:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068008899688721 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.